Hurtful Doctors/Nurses

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2010, 06:12 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Have any of your doctors or nurses said anything hurtful to you about your losses? If so, what?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
June 21st, 2010, 03:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sure, I've had many of them say "oh you're young it's fine", "something was most likely wrong with the fetus"(no I do not find that at all comforting!!), "god didn't feel it was right for you to have this baby"---I'm an atheist tell your god to shove it yes I did say that to someone once and I had one person refer to my loss as nothing but debris. I swear I wish I would've done something at that point I do regret not doing or saying something.

June 21st, 2010, 06:09 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
No. I went to a high risk practice in a major city, so they saw enough loss to know better.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

June 21st, 2010, 07:39 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
I had one doctor tell me that I just wasn't meant to have any more kids. And another nurse told me "well at least you won't feel lousy for 9 months"
June 21st, 2010, 07:43 PM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One dr. said "well your young, relax and it will happen."

My GP said something like "well thats probably what killed your baby"....not the best bedside manner!

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
June 21st, 2010, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a Dr assume my losses were abortions--I had some serious self control that day.

I have had the you are young speech too, it sucks.

June 22nd, 2010, 05:31 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Dominic was an early loss. After losing him, I was in the ER for a hand injury. The nurse asked if I'd ever been pregnant, I told her about Dominic and she replied with "Oh, we don't count those!"

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
June 22nd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not comments persay but attitude. My family Dr acted like it wasn't anything to be alarmed about after my 2nd loss and once I had my 3rd loss she still wouldn't run any tests. So I went back to my RE that I was with 6yrs previous and didn't need another referal. Turns out it was through my genetic testing that we discovered my genetic condition and my 69% m/c risk.

My losses were all high drama so at the time no comments were made since my health was at risk (1 ectopic with emergency lap surgery the same day, 1 missed m/c at 11wks with an emergency D&C and 1 natural m/c but with 6 weeks of spotting and weekly HCG blood tests due to retained tissue).
June 23rd, 2010, 02:26 AM
Soleil's Avatar Happy & Blessed
My OB during loss #1 said "I don't want you to think of it as if you lost a baby."

That really hurt.

Needless to say, we're with a different OB this time around.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search