pregnant or not?

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2010, 07:16 AM
Hi everyone. First of all I'd like to say that your stories are heart wrenching and I feel for each of you, but your stories have helped me in some ways, but I have a question still. 10 years ago I had a TL after my fourth child, I know the chances of getting pregnant again are very slim. Last week I started feeling sick first just tired, sharp pains in my abdomen and then first thing in the morning, light vomiting and dry heaves, I couldn't even eat, the smell of food cooking made me sick, of this past week I spent 3 full days in bed, I felt so tired and sick, after 3 days of that I told my husband if I woke up puking the next morning I was getting a pregnancy test, but I really didn't think I was because I had started spotting a brownish discharge for the past few days, at 5 am the next morning I started cramping VERY bad I went to the bathroom and passed some large (silver dollar size or bigger) dark red clots but by mid day I was just spotting bright red but still passing smaller clots, had mild bleeding the next day with much less clots and smaller but my lower abdominal area hurts so bad like I've been ripped open from the inside and my lower back aches. I wasn't due to start my cycle until later this week, since I never took a pregnancy test I don't know if this was a miscarriage or not and I don't have insurance so I can't go running to the ER just for a bad case of cramps. I'd just really like to know from people who have been through it, does this sound like a miscarriage or is my mind playing tricks on me? Thank you for your support and may God bless you all
June 23rd, 2010, 08:11 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Hmm, When was your last period?

It could be a m/c...how heavy is the bleeding? (How often are you having to change your pad?)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
June 23rd, 2010, 08:43 AM
My last period was only 3 weeks when I started bleeding. I wasn't due to start until later this week so I am a week early. The first day was very heavy changing my pad about every hour with large dark red clots, that was 2 days ago. Its lighter now and the cramping has subsided..
June 23rd, 2010, 08:55 AM
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Hmm...was your AF 3 weeks ago normal?

Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
June 23rd, 2010, 09:29 AM
yes it was normal.
June 23rd, 2010, 09:32 AM
Odd...I guess it's theoretically possible that it was/is what is called a "chemical pregnancy". If you get to the point of the heavy (pad an hour) again, I do recommend getting seen. At that point too much blood loss becomes a concern.

June 23rd, 2010, 09:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! Sorry if what I type is technical but bare with me.

It's hard to say because if your AF was normal 3 weeks ago and you did get pg this cycle you would have just conceived a week ago. Pg symptoms don't start until the egg has implanted in the uterus when it secretes HCG (the hormone that makes you feel pg) which occurs around 7-10 days AFTER ovulation, which would be now for you.

That would mean you were just a week after ovulating (give or take) and usually the fertilized egg hasn't even implanted at this stage or has just implanted if you O'd sooner than the usual 14 days. So the chances of feeling pg after just conceiving is also pretty slim.

It's hard to say. I don't want to say no but the odds given the timing of your last cycle and how implantation occurs is, it sounds like it was a wonky cycle. If you continue to have heavy cycles you might want to be checked out. What your describing could also be Endometriosis (which I also have).
June 23rd, 2010, 09:57 AM
Thank you I do understand the technical terms and that makes a lot of since. I will look more into endometriosis
June 23rd, 2010, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would definitely look into endometriosis. I had my TL quite some time ago and experience what you're describing monthly---have for years and that is where I'm at with my doctor looking into endometriosis. My 1st miscarriage was what is considered a chemical pregnancy and was nothing like this is.

June 23rd, 2010, 11:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash_724 View Post
Thank you I do understand the technical terms and that makes a lot of since. I will look more into endometriosis
Sorry about that. One never knows how much technical info a person knows (my sister has been TTC'ing for 2yrs and has no idea when she O's or what it entails.)

I've had Endo since I was in high school and the heavy periods and horrible symptoms actually caused me to drop out of university for a while (I went back as a mature student). The only real way you can be Dx is through lap surgery. I've had it done 2x now and it's been lasered away but it alwasy comes back.

Hope you can find some answers and relief.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search