Those with kids BEFORE RPL

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2010, 10:30 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Do your children know about your losses? How do you help them understand/cope with it?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
July 6th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My girls are young still but once they get older I won't have issues with telling them they have 4 siblings up in heaven. I've also got a memorial garden in the backyard and will tell them about it once they are old enough. If anything, it will show them how much they were wanted and the answer to our earnest prayers.
July 6th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Mine don't know yet. My older son asks all the time about when we are getting another baby. I will tell him in a few years, especially if we end up not having any more.

Amy
July 6th, 2010, 08:48 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
yes they do know. My kids are 12 and 9 now and sadly they have dealt with death on a pretty regular basis most of their life. We've found that in our case the best thing for all of us is to be completely honest and open about it. If they have questions they know that they are free to ask and that we will answer them.

Several times we have bought helium filled balloons and we let them write messages to their angel siblings on them and then we release them so that they "carry the messages to heaven".
They do realize that the balloons don't actually go to heaven, but it does help ALOT.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
July 6th, 2010, 09:02 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Yes my kids know but my daughter who is 5 really gets it more than my son who is 3. But we have a special bear for CJ in my room and I have a medium size tattoo on my back with the babies names on them. We don't keep it from them. My DD will draw pictures for Rose (our most recent loss) and say how much she wishes she was here. But she also is sure to mention that its ok because baby Rose is in heaven with God and he is taking good care of her. My DD is amazing. My DS is just a little young to fully understand but sometimes he "gets" it.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

July 9th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Wow that us a good question and a difficult one. Mine are older and at the time of the losses were out of the house and we were embroiled in a huge custody battle. I got my curretn positve pregnancy test and unexpectedly got my son back that friday.

So even though my kids are 9 and 14 I have never really talked to them about it. My 14 year old is a boy adn I think that makes it harder and i honestly think it is a thing they do not need to know as they have their own issues with the whole custody thing.

Last edited by Happy Song; July 9th, 2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: siggy
July 13th, 2010, 04:03 PM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My oldest is 17 and she has had the hardest time with the losses. Although most of my kids understand and have spent more than a few days in tears. Loss is a part of life and I have tried to help them through what has been new to me too. We get along ok....we just have had to stick together. Kids are so good about things like this...they are simple, they cry and then they laugh again. It's good to glean from them...

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
July 14th, 2010, 08:00 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I'm liking seeing everyone's answers. We plan on telling future children. We have a quilt I will be hanging in the nursery in memory of the babies and we have some other things in their memory too.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
July 16th, 2010, 10:47 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My oldest is 5yo and she knows that I have had babies in my belly that went to heaven before they were ready to be born.

She asks question about them sometimes...especially now that I am pg again...and I am happy to answer them. I let her know that I love all my children...her, Scott, the baby in my belly, and my babies in heaven. She seems to find comfort in that.

I have 3 little silver angels that I hand on the christmas tree every year and she knows that they are for the babies in heaven.

We will DS about it when he is older. Right now he is almost 2 and is just too young to understand.

July 17th, 2010, 04:58 PM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both of my children know, and have my oldest daughter Makenzie's photo on each of their night stands. They each do their own special thing for mostly her at holidays and make special items for her grave on her birthday. I think they gravitate more to her because they have pictures to look at. My son was sad about the m/c, but mostly was worried about me. He really would like a little brother now that I am pg again, since he has a little sister.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search