Joey's formal search has started

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2010, 01:42 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
The formal search has started. They have 8 really really good matches (8 of 8's) and over 40 potential partial matches (7 of 8) and we are going for a 10 of 10. There are NO 6/6 cord blood matches at all but there are over 50 5/6 cord blood matches as well. Suffice it to say we have alot of waiting to do but we have a good strong base to start on.

So they have requested additional testing on 10 potential donors. They can only request 10 at a time so we're starting with the 10 best possibilities and going from there. They want to have 2-3 potential donors just in case... in case one backs out or gets pregnant or something happens to preven them from donating. They say 6-8 weeks and we will be in transplant.

Over the past 2 months I have had this recurring dream that his transplant is Sept 27. This date has no special meaning to me personally. No birthdays, anniversaries, due dates, nothing. Not for me. I don't know why this date has stood out so much and has been in every single dream I have had about transplant. I really am beginning to wonder if this will truly be his special day.

I will say this... to whoever is being tested as his possible donor... thank you from the bottom of my heart. I know whoever you are you are probably not reading this. You likely have no idea who Joey is. But I had to put this out there.

And to all those who have registered as donors, who have responded to the call (or email) to be tested for anyone, and to those who have given such an amazing gift of life... thank you. It is people like you who make this amazing gift possible for children like my son. Someday I hope to meet whoever Joey's donor will be and thank them for all they will do for my son.
August 3rd, 2010, 01:45 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm SO happy for you & baby Joey!
This warmed my heart to know you are moving forward in thr right directon!
I will keep you guys in my T&P!!
KUP!
August 3rd, 2010, 07:03 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow. First of all, I am so relieved to hear that you're making some forward progress. Lord knows you deserve some good news!

Secondly I just want to give you a big hug. You (and sweet little Joey of course) amaze me constantly. You are in my prayers girly!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
August 3rd, 2010, 08:29 PM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds so promising. I will be keeping Joey and your family in my prayers. Hang in there! Things are going to work out!

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
August 4th, 2010, 06:27 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I still think you're right about transplant date.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search