Would you want to know???

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2010, 01:59 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you could look into the future and know exactly what the outcome of your baby journey would be, would you?

For example, if you could know now you'd have to go through x amount of losses and x amount of years but in the end you'd get your baby, would that help you at all??

I think it would have helped me a lot. I used to always say that I wished the older me could have written a letter to me when I was going through all of my big losses to tell me "look, you'll have to survive 2 more miscarriages, but in a few years you WILL have a baby and it will all work out."

For me the worst has always been the not knowing.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
August 6th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I really like this question.

I believe it would help me because it would take away the fear of the unknown. I would know what to expect each time I got pregnant so I wouldn't be so fearful. Once I get that pregnancy that sticks I won't enjoy it because I will be so afraid something bad will happen

August 6th, 2010, 06:13 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A big part of me says yes, because it would be easier, but I'd be so scared I would find out that I will never have kids....That I'm doomed. lol

But if I knew I would one day get my miracle baby, then yes, I think it would be so much easier on the heart to know.

Last edited by MommytoaMiracle; August 7th, 2010 at 06:58 AM.
August 6th, 2010, 08:28 PM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i think i would want to know because each time i have gotten pregnant ive always been so scared of bad things happening( with good reason of course, since it does happen). I would love to enjoy a pregnancy and be care free.

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
August 7th, 2010, 09:27 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes I think i'd want to know...If I can't have any more children, i'd rather know than have to suffer loss after loss...Each loss has changed me, and i'm not sure how many more I can go through before I snap.

August 7th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would of loved to known but I doubt it would of changed how it affected me. Each non chemical loss still affects me maybe a little more now that I can't have anymore.
This year will be 15 years since my first loss, and it still saddens me.

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

August 7th, 2010, 02:49 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
I used to think I would want to know but now I'm not so sure.

Yea, it would have been great to know that I would have the kids I have, but it would also mean knowing that we would face the challenges we face now. I love Joey so much but had I known that yes I would have a child BUT he would spend so much time fighting to survive... I don't know that I would have had him. Maybe right now its because his future is still so uncertain and I worry how the other kids will handle transplant and what could happen in transplant. If someone had told me the future and told me I would have a child who would fight for his life AND survive then yes, I would have dealt with it and gone on but if I was told that he would fight for his life, his entire life, and then lose his battle... I just don't think I could knowingly do that.

So in the past I would have wanted to know but today... I am glad I didn't know. And honestly as much as I want to know what the outcome will be in the long run... I don't think I can handle knowing if the outcome is less than what we pray for.
August 8th, 2010, 06:08 AM
jeanbean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is a tough question for me. Through all these years, I've wanted to know....felt like I needed to know in order to continue through all of the struggles. During our first pregnancy, I felt something was wrong and just did not enjoy the short time we had. After that, I told myself and my DH, from now on, no matter how much time we have, we were going to not worry and enjoy every moment. And we have, despite the terrible endings. I have to believe that there is a plan for our life, and even though we don't know what it is right now, it is all falling into place. I know that all of our experiences have changed us for the better. We are more understanding with each other and with others. Our marriage has strengthened over the years. So even though we've gone through some terrible times, I'm really trying to see the good in it all.

August 8th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I've just been reminded again why I love this forum so much. It's amazing to see so much strength and grace in one place.

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
August 9th, 2010, 05:24 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Hmm...I don't know...On the one hand, I think I'd want to know how many losses I would have to endure and maybe even the cause. But then I might not have even been willing to try. And I desperately want my rainbow baby...

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
August 9th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I really believe you'll get that rainbow baby Augie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search