really good book

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going through a rough few days right now. I bought the book "What Alice Forgot" because the plot intrigued me, and I was pregnant, and so was she at the beginning, and her musings were funny (I read the first chapter before buying it)

When I was told that I would probably lose these ones too, but I won't know for sure until Monday when I see my doctor again, I wanted to put the book down.
I didn't (long car trip) and I'm so glad.

The book is about memory loss, sure, and Alice's storyline is interesting, but her sister, Elizabeth, has suffered from infertility and RPL and her journal entries just sounded so true. I felt like she was my friend by the end of the book. I felt like she was ME, or me in a few years. It's given me food for thought especially on the question of FOR ME - how much is too much?

I wonder if the author has been through this? She has 2 children now, so if she has she's on the other side which is wonderful, but no matter because it felt so many times like she had been in my brain.

It's a book that made me laugh and cry a lot but it really was a great read, and I wasn't expecting the plot to be so centered around loss. (even the online reviews I'd read beforehad for the most part didn't even mention it)

It was a fantastic read.
A quote that I could have written myself :

Quote:
And the thing that infuriates me the most, is that even though I'm saying it and I'm believing it and I know with all my heart that I'm going to lose this baby like all the others, I also know that underneath it all that inanely positive, pathetic voice is still chirping, "But maybe...?"
I have SEVERAL pages of quotes like this in my clippings section on my kindle.

Last edited by Lex&angels; August 13th, 2010 at 12:55 AM.
August 13th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will have to look for that one, I don't read often but when something sounds that good I will have to. Thanks for sharing.

August 13th, 2010, 07:26 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, yay!

I have been dying for a new book to read!
I'm going TODAY to pick it up!
Thanks for sharing & I'm glad you loved it!
August 13th, 2010, 08:07 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I'm gonna have to look for this! Thank you so much for sharing!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
August 13th, 2010, 09:31 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that quote is great. I think every single woman in here can relate to that feeling. I'm so glad you found something that uplifted you a bit! I'll have to check that out.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search