Patience

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2010, 07:19 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Any one find they are less patient with kids now? I find myself with so little patience sometimes that I end up wondering if I'm even cut-out to be a mother. Could it be God's doing my kids a favor by sparing them?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
August 18th, 2010, 08:13 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Augie, I know I told you this the other day, but it is SO MUCH HARDER to watch other people's children. I used to do a lot of babysitting, and even the babies that I loved almost as my own, I was always very ready to hand them back to their mommas. I used to worry about the same thing.

Once you have one of your own though, you determine their schedules, you already know what makes them happy, how to hold them just right, how to get them to sleep, etc. Having Grace is WAY easier than watching other people's kids ever was.

HUGS!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
August 18th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought this was just me! I got to my moms 3x a week for an hour and a half to watch 3 kids and I don't even want them talking to me!

August 18th, 2010, 10:23 AM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Other's peoples kids are difficult. They have different rules than yours.

Heck, to be honest I have about lost my patience with David and Melanie right now and have sent them to their room for the umteenth time to clean it. Joey... my patience with his roid rage is GONE. I just sit and hold him and poray for it to end soon as he hits and kicks and screams...
August 18th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
LOl I always though my kids were better for the baby sitters!

Yes your own and adopted chilren are different. They are yours heart and soul.
August 18th, 2010, 06:04 PM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am around other people's children ALL day everyday! I agree it is easier to have patience with your own than other's! Augie, don't you dare think that! You are a beautiful person, and are more deserving than most mothers I know!

August 18th, 2010, 06:53 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with above...Even kids I love like my own, I am quick to temper with...I had wondered the same thing, though.
August 18th, 2010, 08:59 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I don't do well with other peoples children. Their rules and way of doing things aren't the same. Heck I lose my patience with my children at times. Please don't think that you aren't fit to be a mommy. You are such a good mommy they didn't need to learn anything from this sinful world. Don't be hard on yourself hun.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search