Update on conley1988's twins

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2010, 01:13 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
She posted this in her DDC.

Quote:
I am sorry that I haven't been able to get on but most people just have Facebook apps. I deliver the twins on August 23, 2010 by c-sectiion. Jeanette Mary was born at 9:44 weighing 2 lbs 14 ozs and 15 1/2 inches. Joseph Kobe (dad had to have the name) was born at 9:45 pm weighing 3 lbs and 1 oz and 16 1/2 inches.

Right now Jean is breathing on her own but because of her under developed tummy she is not being fed yet and Joseph was put on a ventilator yesterday and sedated to give him some rest from breathing so hard. He is off of it and on CPAP.

They were born at 29 weeks 5 days so they have a struggle but are doing their best. I am in the worst pain, and it has nothing to do with the surgery but migraines.

We are still struggling with the whole situation and flabbergasted by it all. We just don't get it. I was fine. I was having some contractions that made me moan but they stopped. Robert took me to work and just didn't feel comfortable and came back about an hour later and asked me to just go get checked. We went to lunch first and he stayed at home, after all, if anything was going to happen, it could be stopped. Wrong. I got there about 12:34 pm and was only 1cm and the doc wanted to use the steriods and procardia. I was to stay in for one day and go on complete bedrest because my water was bulging. Contractions never stopped so she wanted to do the GBS and all that and she checked again, walked out and got another nurse and I knew it wasn't good. The nurse checked and my doctor just took my hand and said "Steph, you are 4 cms, I don't think they are going to hold off."

I tried to hang in for the 24 hours for the second shot but the contractions got to 2 minutes apart and I couldn't take the pain and they couldn't get an epidural because I was on magnesuim.

It was just not what I wanted and the timing was off. I haven't been to shop for my DDC shower buddies, got carseats, got their room ready, anything. I have nothing. I am in shock and don't know where bill money is coming from the first. Robert is picking up a bunch of extra hours and all that. I just don't see it taking care of us. I am so scared but putting it Gods hands to provide right now.

I will do a full story later on, but right now I am going to rest.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
August 26th, 2010, 03:07 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow.
Poor thing! I wish I had "extra" money to help them out, but sadly, I don't
Glad to hear the babies are doing well, given the circumstances.
I will most defintley keep them in my prayers!
August 26th, 2010, 06:12 PM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bless her heart. So much to grapple with at once, I am glad her babies are doing as well as they are for when they were born. T & P's to her.

August 27th, 2010, 09:04 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like they have a long fight ahead of them but are doing great considering how early they were. Prayers!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search