Angel names

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2010, 02:11 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've noticed many of us have named our angels, and if you want to share how you decided on the names I would love to hear the stories.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my stories :

Each of my losses was too early to have a definite gender, so with each I went with what my gut feeling was during the pregnancy.

Ezekiel's story

Ezekiel was my 2d loss, and for the short time I knew I was pregnant, DH and I had the very strong feeling that this was a little boy, and we both wanted to name him Ezekiel, we fell in love with the name at the same time, although it hadn't even really been on our "list" before.
So when we lost that baby too, we knew it was so strongly associated to him, in our minds, that we wouldn't use it if we one day had a living child.

Elizabeth's story

After naming Ezekiel, which happened very naturally, I wanted to name my first lost baby as well. I had a feeling she was a girl, but no name very tied to that pregnancy in particular, so I looked at the list of saints tied on her due date (in France at least, there is one "saint" per calendar day, sometimes several but one in particular, I'm not too sure how it works since I'm not Catholic, and for a long time the only allowed names for babies in France were names that were on the calendar. That changed in the 80s or 90s though), and one of the names was Elizabeth. Since I love the name, it stuck.

Rose's story

DH and I have decided on a name for this little one. From the start I have had a strong "girl" feeling (my dream, plus chinese gender chart, plus ring test).
I have a rosebush that pretty much died this summer despite having a neighbor come over and water it every few days.
But a single pink rose bloomed the very day I went to the ER and was there to greet me when I got home.
I plan on taking a picture of it, and then pressing it and putting it in my memory box.
We decided to name this baby Rose.

September 2nd, 2010, 07:51 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Dominic and Gwen were named at the same tome. We were sitting in my parent's kitchen and somehow got to talking about names. We left with a name for our two babies and a list of other names we liked.

Aiden...well DH doesn't like the name. I knew that and quite honestly that's how he got his name. At the time, DH was arguing that he didn't believe I was ever pregnant. I was very angry and hurt so I chose a name he didn't like hoping he would protest...he didn't.

Jillian...we were walking to the car one day as he was getting off work (I had gone in and spent the that with him that day.) I had spent the afternoon looking at names and we decided that we liked Jillian Evelyn for her.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
September 2nd, 2010, 10:29 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only named Ella because I knew she was a girl and had named her before she died....I didn't name my other 2 babies...I usually wait till I know the gender before I pick a name...I came up with Ella's name, when I was watching tv and someone's name was Ella, and I really liked it...I have actually had Grace picked out since I was pregnant with my son....I just think it's pretty, so I used it as a middle name...I think Ella Grace just fit her...It's a name that I just love

September 2nd, 2010, 10:32 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't name any of my early losses. It felt strange to me because they were all pretty early losses.

When I was in labor with Sophie they told me that I really should name her, that it would help my grieving process. So we chose Sophie Lucille if we had a girl (Sophie is just a name we loved, Lucille was my little sister that passed away middle name) and we had Gabriel picked out for a boy. That's how we ended up with Sophie!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
September 2nd, 2010, 02:23 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing!
I loved reading this!
You all picked beautiful names!
September 2nd, 2010, 09:50 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I picked CJ. I went with my gut since we didn't know the gender officially. I named him and speak his name when I refer to him. I told DH a couple months later and he liked it and didn't think I was a fruit cake . I always wanted a little boy with a name that would match up with those initials so we could call him CJ.
We actually talked about names a bit with Rose. We actually asked to find out the gender. But it was $2000 and we just didn't have it. So again we went with our gut. We had talked after we learned about our loss and decided that her name was Rose. DH and I knew when the dr told us the cost that her name would forever be Rose.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search