How is this fair?

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2010, 08:07 AM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Over the past year that we have been ttc, about 12 different people on my facebook have annoucned their pregnancy. All of them have put a post on facebook about it within days of actually finding out they are pregnant. I know with both of my pregnancies i was not planning on telling anyone at all till after 12 weeks, especially the second one since i m/c the first. This might be mean of me and im sorry if i am, but i dont see how its fair that they put it all out there and we get stuck with nothing. I dont wish what has happend to me on anyone ever but im just going through a "why me" days.

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
September 4th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have days like that too
I think it's normal.
And statistically, if they're all announcing it early, it will bite at least a few of them hard when they have to let everyone they've ever met know about a miscarriage. Letting everyone know is something I'm not brave enough for yet, so I think it's very unwise of them unless they are prepared for the idea.

September 4th, 2010, 10:34 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
*hugs* With my latest loss, we did start telling people right away (we hadn't with the first three). My reasoning was that I am very open about what we've been through and decided that I didn't want to rob our families of whatever time they may get with the little one/knowing about their existence. I haven't decided what we'll do next time.

It does bother me though when people announce it and don't even stop to think about what could happen.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
September 4th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
*hugs* With my latest loss, we did start telling people right away (we hadn't with the first three). My reasoning was that I am very open about what we've been through and decided that I didn't want to rob our families of whatever time they may get with the little one/knowing about their existence. I haven't decided what we'll do next time.

It does bother me though when people announce it and don't even stop to think about what could happen.
I agree - I announce it immediately to family and close friends for that very reason. But not to facebook (I'm not brave enough for that yet)

September 4th, 2010, 12:53 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I'm sorry you are having "one of those days", hun!
I know, it is SO hard to see people get pregnant, day after day on FB.
I usualy "hide" the pregnant gals

I hope your day gets better!
September 4th, 2010, 01:30 PM
hollann1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyto4AngelBabies View Post

I'm sorry you are having "one of those days", hun!
I know, it is SO hard to see people get pregnant, day after day on FB.
I usualy "hide" the pregnant gals

I hope your day gets better!
i think im going to have to start doing that

** Thank you Oona for the awesome siggy**
September 5th, 2010, 12:27 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's not fair. Even now, after a rainbow baby, I still feel myself getting a little pissy that so many people seem to be able to just think about getting pregnant, and it's done with zero complications. I will never understand why it's so hard for women I know would be great mothers, and so easy for those who really don't seem to want or care for their children. One of the great mysteries of life I guess!

Big hugs sweetie.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
September 5th, 2010, 04:43 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP

That is totally normal. It made me cry especially right after our losses and right about the time they are due all the births. Knowing I should be announcing ours. With our first loss we told everyone. He was our third child. I had no reason not to. My other two were fine. At 13 weeks we bought diapers, car seat etc. I had no reason to think something was wrong we had a heartbeat. Everyone knew. 2 Weeks later we had to tell everyone what had happened. No matter what it wouldn't have changed waiting until 12 weeks or not. I miss that blissful ignorance. The "it won't happen to me". Sorry you are having a rough patch. I hope your day got better. I have thought about hiding the pregnant people .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search