What kind of parent...

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2010, 09:13 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
do you think you will be, or are? Attachment parenting (co sleeping, nursing, baby wearing, etc) or more traditional? Do you think you'll be (or are) a blend of both?

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
September 16th, 2010, 10:32 AM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
I think I am a mix of both. I had been completely attachment parenting, but circumstances being what they are, I am less attachment with my older kids (because lets face it... I am with them a lot less so they are more independent) then I am with Joey. With Joey I am always with him, and if I'm not DJ is.

I also think I will be more attachement parenting when all is said and done.
September 16th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I definitely hope to breastfeed, if I can. I've even heard this is possible if you've adopted, although less likely to work. I can't imagine BF past 1 year though. MAAAYBE 18 months.
I like the idea of baby wearing, but not exclusively. It would depend where we're going & why and for how long.
I'm not too sure about co-sleeping, I'd be too afraid of rolling over & hurting the baby. But I would like to have the baby in a bassinet next to us for the first few months.

So I guess I'd be a mix?

September 16th, 2010, 11:46 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a lot like you Lex. I think I'm somewhere right in the middle. I don't cloth diaper (too much ick factor for me), but I did nurse Grace for a year. I didn't co sleep with her in my bed, but she slept in a bassinet right next to my bed for the first 6 weeks. I loved to "wear" her, but I'm also a huge fan of my stroller.

I think they're both great forms of parenting, and I've taken the things from each that are comfortable and fit our family.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
September 16th, 2010, 12:24 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say a mix of both.
I want my baby to sleep in the pack-n-play in my room for the first couple months.
After that, I want him/her to sleep in their room.
I will breastfeed, exclusively for the first year only. To me, I think I would feel too weird after that.
I will "wear" my baby SOMETIMES but not always. I don't want my child to be SO dependent on me that I can't get ANYTHING done.
September 16th, 2010, 04:38 PM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I breast fed my son, my daughter had no interest. They both slept in my room in a bassinet for a couple months, I had bjorn carrier that they only mildly liked. We do a lot of snuggles and family time, but my kids like their space and are pretty independent.

September 16th, 2010, 06:25 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I think I'll be more AP. We plan to breastfeed, cloth diaper, maybe bed share...at least room share...but our room is small.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
September 16th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm more attachement that I realized. It's not so much things you do but the mindset. I'm still BF'ing Maddie (16 months), I did use cloth for over a year, babywear (and still do and Maddie loves it and is an active walker), we co-slept part time until a few months ago, and DH & I also respond to their cries sooner than later, and practice positive reinforcement instead of punishment.

My girls are very independant when they need to be and are very social and outgoing. They also love their snuggle time with DH & I, and have a healthy attachement to us. The goal of attachement parenting is to have happy, secure and well0adjusted children. It's about responding to their needs and listening to them. I'm pretty intune with what they communicate and want/need.

At the end of the day it's what feels most natural to you. There's no right or wrong style. Trust your gut and go with that. Your Momy Instincts will never steer you wrong.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search