Hi. I don't know what else to do... so I am here. Loss mentioned

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2010, 02:52 PM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just lost my 4th early angel in September. I like to say it's no bid deal.. its my fourth.. been there done that. But wow, it still hurts. Because we were finally being so heavily monitored to find a cause, we were able to see his little heartbeat two days before I lost him.

Anyway... I am here because I don't know what to do. The first two were years ago... and almost 3 years ago, I gave birth to my sweetheart. She is a joy and I want more than anything to give her a sibling. I am 35, so my time is short. This year after trying for 2 years, we were able to get pregnant, and I lost it July 15th. Then surprisingly we got pregnant again before another AF showed up.. and lost that one on September 3rd. I thought by now I would feel better, but I am devastated.

I did the full blood work panel and everything came back within range, though one of them was in a high normal bracket (something to do with clotting). I have had all the work ups done on progesterone, egg supply, etc.. and I am normal.

We are trying again.. but scared. I want to find something I can do.. try... anything to help my chances. I haven't tried anything OTC.. like cremes or baby aspirins or anything. I was too scared. Now I am just desperate. DH and I made a vow that we would try until a certain date, then hang it up for good. That date is this coming May. We needed a end point.. so I wouldn't lose my sanity and try forever.

Advice please!

Last edited by IneedCoffee; October 14th, 2010 at 02:55 PM.
October 14th, 2010, 03:18 PM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
Oh honey I am so sorry that you have to endure yet another loss. Unfortunately, losing a baby is never easy and their are alot of emotions and changes that you have to go through. I really don't have any advice for you but I hope that the other ladies here can help. HUGS>
October 14th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am very sorry for your losses. Do you know which blood clotting factor came back high? Just from reading other ladies stories on here I would say try a baby aspirin a day. Is your Dr not helpful at all? Because if not, I would try and find another Dr ASAP-someone that is willing to help and is understanding of what you are going thru. Big hugs.
October 15th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Soleil's Avatar Happy & Blessed
Hello Sweetie,

I am so sorry for your losses. I know how painful it can be. Sending lots of thoughts & prayers your way for answers and peace of mind.
October 15th, 2010, 12:24 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
A sad welcome to the board. I agree with mlarso70 that a first step might be the baby asprin with the clotting result being high. I also agree that you might want to change doctors. You need a doctor to mesh with you, not you yielding to them.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 15th, 2010, 01:33 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I'm so sorry for your losses. *big hugs* I'm also curious about which clotting factor. I have MTHFR and do 4mg folic acid, B6, B12, and my pretnate. I'll be on Heparin during my next pregnancy.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
October 15th, 2010, 02:31 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A warm and sad welcome, I'm so glad you found us.

I am so very sorry for your losses. I know that the pain never goes away, but the more you have the more used to hurting you get. Nothing can erase that anger and hurt though.

I'm one of the baby asprin/progesterone success stories. Like you, all of my testing came back normal except for one slightly off clotting panel. I had 2 early losses and a 16 week loss, and on my 4th pregnancy as a last ditch effort my RE put me on baby asprin for my entire pregnancy and progesterone for the 1st 12 weeks (even though I wasn't deficient.) 34 weeks later I had my rainbow baby.

It's a heartbreaking battle, but one I know is worth the fight. I know you know this too or you wouldn't still be trying. Please feel free to ask anything and know that we are all here for you! We look forward to getting to know you.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
October 18th, 2010, 11:50 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you everyone. Ambee, your story makes me hopeful! I want to ask the doctor, but at the same time don't want to be compulsive. Ive asked a few things, and her response is usually along the line of "there isn't any hard scientific research to prove that". I love her dearly, she has a great personallity and I picked her because that is the type of attitude I want in the delivery room. I didn't expect to run into issues (as I am sure we all didnt) and well, her diagnostic attitude isn't as strong as I want.

When did you begin the baby aspirin? At the bfp?

How did you take progresterone? OTC or perscribed?

I am going to see her again at the end of this month.. and will talk frankly with her.

As for the level that was off.. it was the anticardiolipin antibodies. I hope I didnt butcher that spelling. I personally know nothing about it.

Oh... and to add to all this, I came back positive for Celiac Disease at the allergist. So far, it is the same. No scientific evidence that its linked to recurrent miscarriage, but the doc had read some research articles, and recommended i go on the gluten free diet anyway.. so i did.
October 18th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I'm glad that my story could bring you some hope. I've found through my own research that there is very little known about recurrent miscarriages. There's plenty of info about infertility, but for those of us who can easily get pregnant but can't stay that way...well we tend to get lost in some fertility black hole.

I started baby aspirin about a month before I started trying again. My doctor recommended a month of two beforehand to help my uterine lining. I stayed on it until I started experiencing pre-term labor at 34 weeks.

I got on progesterone a few days after I tested positive through my doctor. They were in the form of progesterone suppositories. Not the most fun, but I think it worked. I stayed on that for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.

I can't remember exactly what blood clotting panel came back abnormal for me, but I know it was part of the lupus coagulant panel. I don't have lupus, but something isn't working like it's supposed to.

As for your doctor, I really encourage you to find someone who has some specialty in RPL. Even if it's not an RE, but an OB who has lots of experience and success with RPL. You can always switch back to this OB once you're to a safer stage of your pregnancy.

I really hope you find some answers. For most of us, I think we've had to rely on ourselves and each other to come up with answers. Keep asking questions, both of us and your doctor and don't be afraid to fight for your own health. If you don't, who will? Best of luck, keep us posted!

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
October 18th, 2010, 04:19 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
When I was host of the high risk pregnancy board I put together a resource guide for blood clotting and other blood disorders, maybe it will help:

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...disorders.html (Blood Disorders)

I'm sorry for your losses. I have some experience with blood clotting disorders, many women who were on the high risk board were there because they had finally successfully conceived, very soon after diagnosis and treatment of a blood clotting disorder. My sister has anti-phospholipid antibody syndrome, and is not expected to suffer pregnancy loss (thank god, I should have covered it for our family) because she'll start treatment protocols ahead of time (that's the plan anyway).

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 18th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks for sharing this Rebecca! I think I might go check that out as well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search