Thought I'd Share!

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2010, 11:18 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had to go to the doctor today to give blood (as you know) & if you have never been to an Army hospital, count yourself lucky.
Instead of being able to get your blood drawn in your doctors office, they send you down to the "lab" where there are always TONS of people & most of them are pregnant.

So anyway, I had a loonngg wait, so I started talking to this lady who had 5 month old twin girls...Melted my heart!
We got to talking & come to find out she had fertility issues as well. They tried for years to have a baby & had 4 losses.
They did IVF & it failed. Then, out of the blue, she just GOT pregnant naturally with her DS.
Then, a couple years later, she naturally conceived again with her twin girls...What an amazing story of hope!

Thought I'd share!
October 18th, 2010, 11:28 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you so much for sharing! I know it's so hard to see any positive outcome when you're in the middle of pain and grief, but stories of hope do help. I just want to reiterate that statistically speaking most women with RPL and infertility have a better chance of ultimately succeeding, than not. Chin up sweets, it's a hard place to be.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
October 18th, 2010, 04:05 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
That is so cool. I want twins so bad!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 18th, 2010, 04:31 PM
austinmommy3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is nice, stories from other people do help!

October 18th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks, Amb!
It's SO nice to have people that understand!
October 18th, 2010, 05:21 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogeek View Post
That is so cool. I want twins so bad!
I hear this a lot. And normally I don't say anything. But here in RPL I feel it's important to be honest.

No, you don't want twins. Because the statistics on loss in multiple pregnancy are pretty scary compared to singleton pregnancies. Of the women in my DDC who started with multiples, only two came home with both babies. The rest of us are still dealing with the trauma of loss. I lost two of my triplets at 14 weeks. I'd already had 9 u/s, I'd seen them and gotten to know them and loved them. We even went car shopping for a bigger car. And then every week, for 6 weeks, I went to my u/s and saw them there, floating silent and still. I didn't pass them like a miscarriage, they were in there, eventually squished, but they were with me every day until I delivered the baby who survived. I could have asked to see them. I'm in therapy to deal with it. Some nights, when it's quiet, I wonder if my son is lonely for the brother and sister he used to be so close to.

I don't know why I am telling you all of this. I used to wish for twins too. My family would be complete, everything would be perfect. But someone up there listened, and I really wish he hadn't.

Sorry for the derail.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

October 18th, 2010, 05:26 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rebecca, thanks for sharing your story again. I know a lot of our newer members haven't heard it. I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. While of course plenty of people do have semi easy pregnancies with multiples, the reality is that if you think being pregnant with RPL is hard, doing so with an even higher risk pregnancy must be terrifying. I guess ultimately though, people will either get them or not get them, and wishing for it or against it won't change a thing.

Big hugs, I know your journey has been extra hard and that you're still on it. We all love you!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
October 18th, 2010, 05:49 PM
We all know that RPL is hard. And yes, my journey still haunts me. But when you finally bring home that baby, that's a feeling I just can't describe. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of Ethan and the triplets, but that makes my capacity to love my living son so much greater. I overcame infertility, illness, three losses, an incredibly high risk pregnancy, and my son overcame a serious NICU stay, but when I see him jamming his feet into his mouth (despite a bunch of bananas already being in there), well, I really do feel like the luckiest women in the world. Trust me, if I can bring home a healthy, living baby, everyone else on this board can too.

October 18th, 2010, 07:09 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
My mom had twins. They were born really early. They were triplets and she lost one of them early on like you Rebecca. My Grandma also had twins and lost one of them to a stillbirth so those stories are in my family. I just know that I double ovulate most months. I am super prone to twins and since there is a possibility, I wouldn't mind having the experience of twins, even if it isn't ideal.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 18th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Well, as hard as it was to lose the triplets, I do still value the time I had with them. I'm sorry you have had so much loss in your family.My mom and I both conceived triplets (two of hers survived), but we were both doing IUI.

I would do it all again though just to get my banana-man.

October 20th, 2010, 05:20 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
That is a great story of hope.
Rebecca thanks for sharing. Grant is a cutie .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 20th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Thank you for sharing your story, Rebecca...I'm so sorry for all you have been through but your story brings such hope to us RPL girls who are still waiting for our rainbow baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search