How long?

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2010, 10:18 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How long have you been on your RPL journey? How long ago was your first loss?

I started my journey in March of 2005 and lost that baby in May.

Had my second loss at 16 weeks in May 06.

Had my 3rd loss September 06.

Had my rainbow baby in January 09.

Almost 4 years of pain and emptiness, but the reward was awesome.

What's your story?

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
October 20th, 2010, 11:21 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I had my first loss August 2006. We were just learning NFP and didn't follow the rules the way we should have. Lost him/her at 8 weeks.

My second loss was August 2008. Had a barrier failure. Lost him/her at 6 weeks.

My third loss was this last cycle. We were TTC. We lost him/her at 4 weeks.

Now we are waiting to see if I am pregnant and what the outcome will be! Taking baby aspirin and progesterone.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 20th, 2010, 11:49 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Our first loss was Feb 2, 2007. He was a surprise baby.

We started ttc Oct 2007 and got pregnant that month! On Jan 30th, we lost her.

Got pg Oct 2008 and lost him Nov 10, 2008.

Took a break for a year. Started ttc again Oct 2009.

Got pg Jan 2010 only to start m/c the same day I got my BFP.

Now here we are on meds because now, I don't even O most of the time.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
October 21st, 2010, 07:11 AM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Boy, gonna make me think, huh?

We started TTC in July 08' had our first loss August 08'

Clomid induced second loss was January 09' (11.5 weeks)

Third loss was natural which we lost March 09'

Our last loss was May 09'. (Clomid induced)

Been trying ever since & can't seem to get pregnant again.
October 21st, 2010, 08:32 AM
RinkMom's Avatar Super Hockey Mom
After 3 successful pregnancies, I was very surpriseto learn on Oct 13, 2006 that our baby didn't have a heartbeat. I went into labour and delivered him at home the next day at 16 weeks. Got Pregnant the next cycle and had our rainbow baby in Aug 2007. Started TTC in April 2009 (after AF finally returned). Got an early Christmas present on December 2009 with a BFP. Started bleeding on Feb 23 and delivered him on Feb 24 (14 weeks). Started TTC the end of April and got pregnant right away. Found out his heart stopped beating around 14 weeks and had a D&C on August 11 at 15w1d.

I don't think I can do it again so we are done.
October 21st, 2010, 09:35 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess all in all it has been 13 years or so. But I took quite a few breaks in there, and had one live birth.

First loss was September of 1997.
October 21st, 2010, 11:24 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
We had our first loss at 15 weeks Feb 2009.
We had our second loss at 12 weeks Feb 2010.

I think our journey is at an end .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 21st, 2010, 01:28 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry to hear that Jess. I hope you find some peace no matter what you ultimately decide.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
October 21st, 2010, 08:41 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jess, i'm going to keep hounding you to get some more blood tests done

I started my TTC journey for our 5th (and last) child in March 2008...It took me a year to get my husband to agree (in that year, I was TTC on my own, but it didn't work lol)...So he agreed and we started TTC in March 2009...3 cycles later I was pregnant...Ella was stillborn at 22 weeks on October 14, 2009...We got pregnant and found out 3 months after Ella's birth...I found out on April 2nd at almost 15 weeks pregnant that our baby didn't have a heartbeat, and had a D&C on April 6th...Got pregnant again in June 2010, and had a miscarriage at 9 weeks August 3, 2010....I'm going on 3 years since my baby fever hit, almost 2 years since we started TTC...1 year since we started TTCAL.

and I wanted to add that i'm sick of TTC. lol

October 22nd, 2010, 07:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I struggled with infertility from 1998 until 2005. Never used any birth control and was told we'd never conceive. Got the shock of my life when I found out I was pg in Oct 2005.

Oct 31, 2005 - Found our miracle baby was ectopic and I was rushed in for emergency surgery. My tube was saved and I found out all of my medical conditions that caused my infertility were gone. I was healed!

May 26, 2006 - I had a D&C for a missed m/c. I was given the all clear to TTC after 1 cycle and I got pg again March 2006 and at 11 weeks found out there was no heartbeart.

July 17, 2006 - 3 weeks after my D&C DH & I were on vacation in Cuba and I came home pg. I had a m/c at 6 weeks.

I got pg with my rainbow baby Makenna with clomid and cycle monitoring and when she was 11 months old I got pg again on my own. I thought my days of RPL were behind me. Makenna was born August 2007 and Madison was born May 2009.

June 2010 - I figured out I had a m/c 2 days after DH's vasectomy. I suspected I was pg but the lines were so faint and then a few days later I had the worse AF ever with 10 days of bleeding and horrible cramping. I looked at the tests again and realized it wasn't a wonky cycle but a m/c. By then DH had gone through the vasectomy and I realized I wanted another baby. We were using condoms and weren't TTC'ing but it created a huge desire for me to have baby #3.

So next weeks marks 5yrs of my RPL journey.
October 23rd, 2010, 03:46 AM
Lex&angels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We stopped the bc pill in May 09
BFP on March 1 2010
Miscarriage #1 on March 5 2010

BFP on May 12 2010
Miscarriage #2 on May 15 2010

BFP on July 22 2010
Miscarriage #3 on September 1 2010

So all in all, our journey is pretty short, but intensely miserable. And I still don't see the end of it.
It could all go very fast... I could get pregnant with my RE's help and have a Christmas 2011 baby, with an uneventful (but scary!) pregnancy.
Or we could TTC for a long time, not get pregnant (it did take awhile the first time) for several cycles, I could miscarry AGAIN, agonize over the decision to stop, maybe try once more against my better judgement, or not... We could then start the adoption process... (for a newborn the waiting list is approximately 5 years long here)
We could be parents before the end of 2011 or we might not be until 2017 or 2018... and anytime in between.
We could have another loss, or never have another loss. We could even have 2 if we decide to TTC #5 (which I hope that we won't, but I don't know if I can rule it out just yet)

October 23rd, 2010, 07:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lost my first Nov 1995, second Feb 1996(chemical), then Dr put me on dexametazone and clomid conceived twins in May lost them in Sept due to a car accident at 16 weeks, took a break for the rest of 1996, had 3 more chemicals by the end of 1999. My ex husband and I split up. Met DH(Fred) we married Dec 2000. We figured we wouldn't be able to have kids, so I went on BC, on my first depo shot in Dec 2002 we conceived didn't test until Feb. she died at 12 weeks(we had testing done she had Trisomy 18). We then decided to start trying and Nick was concieved Dec 23,2003.
My first rainbow baby was born August 13,2004
Jon was born Oct 10,2005
then in May 2007 we decided we wanted to try for another. I didn't get pregnant again until 2007 which was another chemical and 3 more chemicals and a loss at 8 weeks. Finally we had our last rainbow baby Sept. 30,2009...I was finally ready for a girl. Since I lost three known girls I was terrified I would never have a baby girl.

So never give up hope...

http://stitchingthroughlife.blogspot.com/ my cross stitch blog, my outlet.
http://chriscrossdesigns.blogspot.com/ my Cross Stitch Designs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search