Surrogacy

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Halloween81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone considered or tried gestational surrogacy (using your own embryos)? Dh and I have been discussing this route, we were also thinking of adoption but Dh really wants to try for a genetic child. I asked the recurrent miscarriage dr about it in passing and she said that it might not work because our problem might be a genetic one (one that doesn't show up through karyotyping). Overall, it's a tough decision because of the fact that we don't know what's causing my RPL and we don't know if taking my body out of the picture will help. I just feel like we need to try something different.
Chemical pregnancy - January 9, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - April 21, 2010
Miscarriage at 7 weeks - October 22, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - May 14, 2011
Miscarriage at 17 weeks - December 7, 2011 (My sweet little Joshua had Achondrogenesis type 2)
Miscarriage at 5 weeks - June 5, 2013

All test results normal. Reason for RPL unknown.

May 4th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Leffew's Avatar is baking!
I'm not sure I could justify spending the money on surrogacy. However, I may feel differently if we didn't have a biological child already. Adoption is in my future. Not so near future. And it really doesn't matter to me if we get an infant, toddler, child, or anything. I just want to eventually add more to my family. Since my body won't do it, I'm happy to welcome any child into my family that needs a home.

<--- again!
May 5th, 2011, 07:21 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was never something I strongly considered, though I do think it's a beautiful thing. For me it was a little heartbreaking to imagine someone else carrying my child. It's not for everyone, but again it's a beautiful thing for those that are comfortable with it.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
May 5th, 2011, 08:03 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I haven't because carrying the pregnancy hasn't been an issue for me. But I think I agree I think it's a beautiful thing for those who do need/ do it.

May 5th, 2011, 01:57 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
not yet, but we'll see what the future holds. I did offer to be a surrogate to a family member who had multiple miscarriages when I was 19, but the age requirement is much higher where I lived (28+).
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
May 5th, 2011, 05:04 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
We have never considered it but then we had/have two children before our losses. I am not sure if I could/would do that before adoption. I think it is a beautiful gift of life and have thought if I had an easier time with pregnancy it would be wonderful to help others. I hope it works out for you one way or the other.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 5th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Addaboy's Avatar Veteran
It's in the back of our minds. We have a couple of offers to be one for us. So, we won't have to pay an agency. Just do some simple legal work & what not.
May 5th, 2011, 06:19 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I would be a surrogate if I could, but I don't think I would have gone that route. There is an amazing thing with it. I love that the option is there! I am also a potential egg donor. My SIL offered it to me when we were having issues so it is something that I thought of, but found it wasn't for us.

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

May 6th, 2011, 05:48 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
We've also had a couple of people offer to be a surrogate for us. But like you we don't have a cause. In fact, we've been told it's likely a genetic issue that didn't show up on karyotyping. Therefore, we've decided that it's not for us. That and the fact that I would have a hard time trusting anyone else to carry my baby and care for it the way I would during those 9 months.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
May 6th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have thought of it, but the only person who I would trust to carry my baby (my sister) already told me she would never do it. It definitely is a great thing that the option is available for people.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

May 8th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I would do it, and I have considered it.

I adopted older children and that was a wild ride and if I knew then what I was really getting into I think I would have passed on the oppertunity. Andrew was 5 1/2 when I got him and Tyler was 2 1/2. I didn't get them at the same time.

If you do have an oppertunity to adopted older children keep in mind that a child who has had a stable consistant bad parent for the first four years is better than a toddler who has been passed around.

May 11th, 2011, 06:50 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
It is very expensive to get a surrogate, but I believe that it is up to each individual. Be prepared for a lot of ups and downs, and make sure you trust your surrogate. Good luck!

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
May 11th, 2011, 08:01 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I would for sure use one... One of my good friends that currently lives with us, that I have known for years, and was my maid of honor at my wedding offered to surrogate after she has her first child (she isn't married or TTC yet so probably a couple years) I am gonna do EVERYTHING I can do first... I will see many RE and and have more miscarriages before I'll just let her carry my child... But yes if I can never carry to term I would take her up on her offer. That's what friends are for.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search