a little down tonight

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2006, 08:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was supposed to have my first appt for bloodwork done tomorrow. What I find depressing is that I can't even make it to the first regualr appts before miscarrying. Both times were in the 6-7 week range, which is way before the doctor even sees you, unless something goes wrong. I hated how both times, well meaning nurses kept saying, "Well, you know, you're still very early in your pregnancy." Actually, given the way my pregnancies turn out, I was about 85% through them by the time I even got to the doctor.This is really just a vent. I wish I were on my way to the doctor's office tomorrow morning, instead of going off to work to pretend like I'm fine all day.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

June 21st, 2006, 10:23 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hear you sweetie...the nurse who helped with my procedure did the "oh just 7 weeks, you were early"...like that makes it any better to have lost 4 babies in the 6-8 week range...idiot! Anyway I just wanted you to know I understand and I give you cyber hugs through the computer screen right now!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
June 22nd, 2006, 07:24 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You'd think the people in an OB office would be more sensitive. (((Hugs))) and prayers for you today.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
June 22nd, 2006, 12:17 PM
Sharon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just once, wouldn't it make a difference if an OB nurse put her arm around our shoulder and told that she knew it was early but that she knew it still hurt and she was very sorry. It really would make sense that they, of all people, would understand how hard it is, even early in the pregnancy.

(((HUGS)))
June 22nd, 2006, 05:39 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well said Sharon.

I hate that they jsut don't get it - how can that NOT be some part of training to work in that environment????

I'm also sorry about hte whole U/S thing..too early etc. I have had an U/S - but ONLY in the midst of having an mc - or being told I was going to have one. I wish I could even have jsut experienced a regualr one - one where I actually got good news. I feel jealous of others that they saw something positive on that screen (I know - it really isn't different) it's just hard that whenever we decide to try again - that u/s machine is like my arch enemy - I don't even want to tthink about having to get up on that stupid table & look at what?? more heartbrake? (sigh - LITERALLY). It is hard.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

June 22nd, 2006, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The most encouragement I got was from the lady who did the ultrasound for my first miscarriage--she said very matter-of-factly "Oh, I've been there. I've been right where you are." I don't know why that was so comforting--I guess because I was completely devastated by the first loss because it was so completely unexpected, and it helped to know that I wasn't the only person in the world who'd ever lost a baby and continued to live a (somewhat) normal life.

Other than her, I've heard all the "well, you can always try again...at least it happened early instead of later on (that's true, but I've heard it so many times I could scream)...it's just nature's/God's way of weeding out the bad ones..." etc. etc. etc. A little more sympathy would be nice--I would think nurses would be in the "sympathy business," but I guess even they get toughened up over time.

June 22nd, 2006, 08:33 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't understand how they can have no clue what to say to you, either. With my last loss, I went in for bloodwork several times. The girl that was taking blood was in the room with the nurse. She asked me if I had been in the week before. I told her that I had and that when I was in the previous time it was to see if my HCG levels were rising, and that I was in this time to make sure that they were going back down. All I got was silence. For goodness sakes, it was an OB office, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has ever had a loss.

Quote:
that u/s machine is like my arch enemy - I don't even want to tthink about having to get up on that stupid table & look at what?? more heartbrake?[/b]
I am totally with you on that one. On the last 4 u/s that I have had, there hasn't even been a baby, just an empty sac. If I get p/g again, I worry that there will once again be no baby. Then I wonder what the chances of having another b/o are. I would think that that would be highly unlikely, but then again, I never thought that I would have 2 m/c either.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

June 23rd, 2006, 08:27 AM
I used to get excited about the u/s machine, but lately it's only brought bad news. Thankfully when I went for my post-op appointment they thought to put me in one of the few rooms without an u/s machine, which I appreciated.
June 23rd, 2006, 08:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When I went for my appt. on Tuesday, they put me in a different room too, but then I had to go to the ultrasound room. I wasn't really traumatized by having to go in there, but when I walked in, there on the screen was the previous lady's ultrasound, with a baby head profile and the words "Baby Girl" on the screen. I didn't look again after that, and the lady turned it off, but I almost reached over there and turned off the machine myself because she took so long. Come on people!

June 24th, 2006, 07:45 AM
That was really thoughtless of them. They should know better than that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search