Does anyone else do this...

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It seems everytime I get bad news...ie m/c's, surgery,most recently needing another surgery, my first inclination or desire rather is to quit my job? I like what I do for a living. I have always been a hard worker. I've had a job and worked everyday of my life since I was 16....what's with that being the first thing I want to do? I know I am suspectable to depression...and feel myself fighting that off even as I type, so i think it's realted. If I could lay in bed all day I guess I would...so maybe I answered my own question ? I don't know...any feedback or thoughts?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
June 26th, 2006, 07:30 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've done the same thing with both of my m/c's. I lose all interest in going to work and if it wasn't for the mortgage, I'd probably quit. Never thought to ask if anyone else felt that way, so I'm glad to know it's not just me. I think, for me, the m/c's focused me in on what's most important in my life and work just wasn't anywhere in the top of my list of priorities. Unfortunately, without work there is no house or groceries, so here I sit at work talking to my friends at JM! Guess I really should go get something done...
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
June 26th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can so relate to that. I would love to quit my job but my bills and mortgage tell me otherwise. I find I blame my job for interupting my time to grieve and allowing time to be alone. I too tend to battle mild depression at times and I'm scared to head down that road.

I don't even want to get up in the morning to go to work. I could find a 100 better things to do with my time. It's like business as usual at my office and I'm still stuck in time and hurting.
June 26th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Quote:
It's like business as usual at my office and I'm still stuck in time and hurting.[/b]
Yep, that describes it perfectly.
June 26th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
It's like business as usual at my office and I'm still stuck in time and hurting.[/b]
Yep, that describes it perfectly.
[/b][/quote]

I third that notion...it's how I feel exactly.

And yes I feel like work takes away from my grieving or google research time, or even just to get my energies in order to feel better when TTC time comes. Sounds silly to some but it feels needed. I too can't afford to quit...which then makes me more resentful and irritable at work. I've noticed I feel annoyed when someone interrupts me when I'm on here blabbing to ask me a work related question!

Thanks for normalizing me girls....

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
June 26th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Quote:
I've noticed I feel annoyed when someone interrupts me when I'm on here blabbing to ask me a work related question![/b]
LOL! I'm laughing with you, not at you, because I think I need a 12 step program for JM. I'm sooooo addicted to posting and checking on everyone and do that probably more than I should while at work. Glad I'm not the only one.
June 26th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm adicted too! I take my laptop into board meetings sometimes and I actually was posting once while in a board meeting! Everybody just thought I was really dedicated and interested in the meeting, but little did they know...
June 26th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A funny thing happened to me with work. After the first mc, I wanted to quit, and I almost did. This time, I'm finding that I actually want to work again. Who knows, maybe I'm avoiding things, but part of me wants to be that motivated, hard worker I was before my first mc, and not the sluggish, irritable sad sack that I became after it. Having said that, I did just change positions in my company, because I really did want to quit the job I had. I was also looking outside the company a bit before that, and I haven't ruled out doing it again if things don't work out in the new job.
I know what you mean about the depression. After both mcs, I have found my attention wandering back to all the painkillers I could take to just zone out (I get migraines, so I have no shortage of them). It takes all my willpower to not just self medicate my way into feeling better.
Good luck!

Need Breastfeeding Support?

June 26th, 2006, 07:43 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No of course Norina it is just you...

You are asking the wrong girl here. I did quit my job with 2 mc's. Granted it took a couple months & I didn't quit until I had another job...but I did quit. And I can PROMISE you the 2nd job I quit was ABSOLUTELY related to the mc - it was too high pressure & not enough compassion. I don't know how I ever would have healed had I remained there. This is the only time I didn't quit & I have thought of it nearly daily since the last mc. I don't think I would have totally even pieced it together without your post.

I know I do want to be home all day - writing, reading...healing, and figuring this all out. I think I would make myself insaneif I did probably. But is is what I want to do with my time & when I am driving for these trips - I would have someone reading the boards to me over the phones if I thought they would do it for me. Any takers? - lol

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

June 26th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Hmmm...now that I think about it, I did switch positions after my latest loss...i think I think a change of pace will make me feel better but the reality is NOTHING can make it better. I switched [positions and now I'm bored again, irritable, and online alot like a lot of you. I actually went to a hiring fair for therapists at a prison (I know I know, talk about high stress) and the first thing I thought of was "I wonder fi they allow internet access in here" because they don't allow cell phones LOL! You know every job I ever apply for that will be the first thing I research on the work conditions
Thanks as always for helping me not feel so alone in what I sometimes see as my own little crazy world.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search