REALLY embarrassing TMI question

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2006, 12:25 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK, I don't know whether this is because of the d&c or just because I got bronchitis after the surgery, but it's driving me crazy. When I get into coughing fits from the bronchitis, it's causing minor incontinence!! I'm so embarrassed! Is this a result of the d&c or just because the d&c was so recent (3.5 weeks ago)? I mean, am I stuck with this or as I heal will it go away? I'm not very good at kegels, so that's not helping much. Anyone with similar experiences or any knowledge - please help!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
June 28th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm...I'm not sure. If I cough really hard when I have to urinate that will happen to me too. Since it just started after the d and c I'd at least go in and mention it to the dr. See what he/she says. Ugh the pangs of being women huh?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
June 28th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Ugh the pangs of being women huh?[/b]
Absolutely!! LOL!

Thanks. If it's still going on after vacation, I'll call it in. Till then, keeping my legs crossed for improvement!
June 28th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Gosh golly...our bodies sure do odd things, don't they!?! I would ask the dr as well. My best friend developed the same thing after she had her first baby. She has the weakest bladder control and I feel for her, but for her it was a heireditary thing in that all of the women in her family developed that same thing after their 1st baby.

Perhaps it's just related to the bronchitis. I get the same thing when I have coughing fits (I'm asthmatic and cough when I have an attack). Oh...and don't feel embarassed by asking anything. We're here to support each other and can completely relate!
June 28th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Me, too - asthma plus d&c surgery equals bronchitis. Fun, fun. I'm really hoping it will stop as my bronchitis improves. I didn't have this problem after DS was born, so hopefully it's only temporary.

Thanks ladies!
June 28th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I believe it has to do with the D&C. They put a catheter into your urethra after they put you under anesthesia and I think that is what makes it weaker. It gets better over time. Just wait until you have your babies............and I know you will.........

Stress incontinance is truly the worst. I still cant hold anything back and I had my son nearly 3 weeks ago.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search