OT: I love my bank

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2011, 06:51 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Less than 24 hours after filing a fraud complaint we have 100% of our money and all fees refunded. They have been very helpful and understanding. (It probably helps that hundreds in the Shenandoah Valley were hit. The FBI is still working on tracking down the source.)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
September 15th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you guys were able to get all of your money back. How scary.

September 15th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Addaboy's Avatar Veteran
Oh no! I'm sorry that happened. But man, that's great on how fast they replaced it. I know when someone got into my account, years ago, it took them over a month to replace my money. However, new bank & just recently, there was a $750 transaction pending in my account for days, I was on vacation & didn't know about it until it was in pending for several days, they took that right off & credited me right away. But I wasn't sure if that was because it was still "pending" or what. It was a purchase in Germany. And I still have no idea how they got DH's card #. He never used it online. They would have had to actually get his actual card & copy the number unless there is some other way they could have got it. Weird because I use my card ALL THE TIME online- you would think they had easier access to my card. Then, we had to pay $7.50 for a new card. Which I was miffed about.
September 15th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
There are lots of ways it can be grabbed aside from online. This appears to be someone that has hit several local businesses. Our bank replaced both of our cards for free. (Mine was a precautionary replacement.)

Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
September 15th, 2011, 10:28 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am glad that they were so good about it and proactive!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 15th, 2011, 11:16 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
YAY!

You know, it's actually sort of sad that they got it done that fast. But I say that because it's now happening so often they can do the process in a few minutes and get people set back to rights. Amazing how easy our money and identity can be come not ours.

September 15th, 2011, 11:38 AM
It helps speed that hundreds in our area have been stolen in the past couple of weeks. Our small credit union has had dozens of customers affected already.

September 15th, 2011, 11:46 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
that's entirely too freaky. Have they been able to come up with how the ppl did it?

i was just telling df about pin scanners and how they're used and work. If the swipe slot is not literally right against the POS pad, do not use it!!!!

that's my psa for the day

but I'm super glad they fixed it for you that quickly. This is one of the major downfalls to the debit/credit bank cards, you can't do this with a Canadian Card, they don't work out of country and they aren't credit compatable.

September 15th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Not yet. I do know it appears that they managed to compromise several businesses. One of the businesses at least has stated they are working closely with authorities and have redone their security measures.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search