Back from my check up

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2011, 02:15 PM
Kayla0308's Avatar Veteran
Well I had my post miscarriage check up this morning. I guess it went okay. They did tell me that there is still a sac measuring at 4w4d, and there is still some fluid in there as well. She said I may have to have a D&C done and I'm kinda scared cause with both of my previous miscarriages I didnt have to have that. What happens if I choose not to go in? I can wait it out she said and see if anything happens on its own, but if nothing by monday she wants me to call her and I would assume set up the D&C at the hospital I'm worried cause i've never done it before, i dont even know what it is they do in that or how much pain i'm gonna be in or anything like that.

Mark and Kayla
Jasmine-7, Eamon-4, Zaylee-1
November 22nd, 2011, 06:58 PM
sandel07's Avatar Veteran
I honestly would rather have a D & C than to wait it out.
With my first loss I had extremely heavy bleeding, went to the ER and an emergency D & C. With the second loss I had bleeding for 4 weeks before my doctor decided to do the D & C. For me the procedure is very simple, they put me under I wake within in what seems like minutes and it is over, I had absolutely no pain and a lil spotting afterward, thats it and it was over.
With these last 3 losses my doctors have decided to just monitor my levels back to 'normal', less than 5. Losses 3 and 4 took 4 months + to get back to normal, this one is probably going to take 3 months.
Miracle baby Ella arrived Mar 22, 2013
6 losses at 4 to 7 weeks (feb 05, July 10, Oct 10, April 11, Oct 11 Feb 2012)

No explanation for losses

November 23rd, 2011, 05:22 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
I've never had a d&c My body has always taken care of it on it's own. But I know that some women prefer the d&c because it's over faster.

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

November 23rd, 2011, 06:40 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I've never had a D&C. I think it differs emotionally though. Like Elizabeth said, some women prefer it while others find it harder emotionally.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
November 23rd, 2011, 06:43 AM
Addaboy's Avatar Veteran
I know the scared feeling. If I have another m/c, the dr wants to do a d&c so he can run tests on it. You would think after having 2 c-sections that any procedure would be easy for me but I have a hard time thinking of what may come. ((HUGS))
November 23rd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Kayla0308's Avatar Veteran
Thanks girls - I think I may just call the dr and see if she can schedule a d&c for friday

Mark and Kayla
Jasmine-7, Eamon-4, Zaylee-1
November 23rd, 2011, 01:00 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Sorry sweetie

I had a D&C with m/c #3. It was by choice since I wanted a karyotype. The doctors and nurses were REALLY nice, and the entire experience was actually positive, since everyone knew I'd had a miscarriage and was very sensitive and kind. I'll never forget the conversation I had with one of the nurses, who's dad had just died. I'm sure my baby and his dad are good friends in Heaven now. The RE who performed the procedure was the same RE who had done my IUIs, so it was nice that I didn't get a stranger, but even if I had I'm sure he/she would have been well informed of the situation just like all the rest of the strangers working on me during the procedure.

Please don't worry about the D&C. They give you medication to relax you (conscious sedation), and you'll barely even remember the procedure. I don't remember any pain, just some mild cramping like menstrual cramps prior to the procedure starting when they dilated my cervix. If it comes to a D&C, you'll be just fine, I promise!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

November 23rd, 2011, 05:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search