My story of recurrent loss

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Hello everyone, I promised I would post this. I may need to stop periodically and take a break and add more later. If I do, I will be sure to mark what part is updated so you do not get confused. Please bear with me, as this newest one is still so fresh in my mind. I am sure you all understand.
I am going to start with the current one, as I have found something interesting out about the possible cause of it.
This last Monday 7-3 (my wedding anniversary) my DH was working his normal 24 hour shift. I was having a normal day home with the kids and in the late afternoon I noticed a little bit of blood when I wiped. Then I started having a little bit of cramping. It went on/off and I called and talked to the midwife in the doc's office. She basically told me if I could hold out until Wed., after the holiday, they would get me in for labwork and an u/s. I told her I would try. Then I started having some right-side pain so I posted something in the general pregnancy loss about the possibility of an ectopic. Beckie responded to me right away and we talked on IM for a good long time. She helped keep me calm. The bleeding was still on/off till I went to bed sometime after 4am. I woke up the next morning and was covered in blood. So I cleaned myself up and told DH I needed to go to the ER. He took me and dropped me off since we had all 3 kids so he took them home. They did a urine test, bloddwork and an u/s. The beta showed I was pregnant but the doctor said the numbers were so low to be 6w4d gestation. For the life of me, I can't remember the number and he told me. In the u/s they saw my little bean but no heartbeat.
They gave me the option of either having a D&C the next day or going home and letting nature take its course. I opted to go home and be with my family. That night I started having wicked cramps and passing tissue and clots.
I talked to my OB doctor. He said the theory is that there was an excessive amount of fluid around my ovary, indicating I had a huge cyst rupture. It caused an infection. I have never heard of this. He said obviously I had the cyst for quite a while. He said there was nothing I could do to prevent this, nothing I did wrong.
My DH & best friend are soooo upset right now. When I called the doctors office a couple of weeks ago to schedule my 1st appointment, they said they couldn't get me in till the 13th. I had explained to the receptionist that I am usually high-risk but she told me if something was going to happen, there was nothing the doctor could have done about it anyways. I also asked her if they wanted to send me for any labs before the appt. but she said no, they always wait till after the appt. DH & my best friend feel if they got me in sooner, especially for an u/s, they might have caught the cyst and could have done something about it sooner. I don't know. Maybe things would be different, maybe not.
It has now been almost 5 days and the bleeding has slowed down but not stopped. The cramping has stopped and I am no longer having tissue and clots come out. I still have my appt. for the 13th and he is going to send me for a repeat beta and u/s to make sure everything happened naturally.

I am going to stop here because I am really upset right now. I will post the rest real soon. If you have any opinions, please let me know.

July 8th, 2006, 10:22 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Holly- again I am so sorry for your loss & all you've been through. I wasn't aware they had found that cyst...I have a history of cysts myself. From the research I have done (don't know if tis helps) - I don't think there is much they can do to treat an ovarian cyst safely while pg without risk of inducing a mc. The major problem is that cysts effect hormones & your ovaries as you now produce your hormones..or at least some of your hormones. Anytime you do something to your ovaries, it will effect your hormones, at least temporarily - so I am not certain what can be done during a pg. I hope you are able to get more answers & I am sorry that this happened at all. Take good care of yourself & just update us when you feel up to it. ((Hugs))

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

July 8th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I feel the same way but y DH & best friend keep dwelling on the what if's. I don't want to do that because if I do I am going to get really upset and right now with hurting emotionally as bad as I am, being angry at anyone right now is not going to help.

The cyst caught us by total surprise because even though I have a history of them, I have not had one like this in about 4-5 years. So even on Monday when I was describing the right side pain, that thought never even occured to me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search