feeling sorry for myself

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, DH and I have a new, non mc related reason to feel sorry for ourselves. On Saturday, both of our cars broke down on the same day (I'm not sure what the odds are on that), and I realized at 2am last night that our air conditioning is broken too! I suppose this is the rainy day we're supposed to be saving up for...
DH is out in the yard now playing with the ac unit, and I hope he can fix it, because we live in North Carolina and it is hot!

Need Breastfeeding Support?

July 10th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Veteran
How frustrating!! I hope the ac gets fixed, because I can't even begin to imagine what I would do without my ac this summer.. And the cars getting fixed would be good, too.. Although possibly less important if it means some time off from work *sigh* If only it were that easy, huh?!

Good luck, sweetie!

<span style="font-familyalatino Linotype">"I wish you knew how much you changed all our lives. But I know someday you'll see, if only through heaven's eyes."
I'll always love you, Lori.</span>
</div>
July 10th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My air isn't working too well either so I'm sweatring right with ya...I live in LA...Pasadena more specifically and it's hot hot hot here...Blah! I feel sorry for all us too LOL!
Hope things get fixed for you soon and you have less hassles in your life. I know when things go wrong I sometimes get into a whole "I lost my baby, now I stubbed my toe" kinda a feeling (as if these two things are anywhere comparable) and loose it completely. hugs to you

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
July 10th, 2006, 08:10 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh how frustrating! My car's in the shop again to get the A/C fixed (a must in OK). DH's cousin is a mechanic and tried to get us by with the cheap ($400) fix first. Yeah, that lasted 18 hours - only 3 hours of actual driving time. Now we're on the $1000+ fix to replace the whole compressor.

Moving to Colorado is sounding better and better...
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
July 10th, 2006, 10:06 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate that crap! Especially when it all seems to happen at once. Sorry it's turning out to be such a tough week & it's only just starting.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

July 11th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone for venting with me! The ac is still broken (and it was 89 degrees in the house when we got home tonight), but DH's car is fixed ($300), and mine got towed to the mechanic today (thankfully covered under AAA). I'm a bit worried about my car because we think it's a gas leak, and I have no idea how much it costs to fix. My car is only worth about $1500, so if it's even close to that I guess I might think about getting a new car, which would be fun but I don't want to have a car payment again just yet. To top it all off, I'm going out of town on Friday for a family thing, and since I just took off last week for vacation, my boss asked if I could work 4 ten hour days this week instead of taking off Friday.
Thw work thing is not quite working out due to the car/ac situation, but I realized today that it's really going to be okay, and I'm not going to stress out about it. I think having two mcs in six months has really given me some perspective. It's just a job, and just a car, and just an ac system. It's certainly not life and death.

But that doesn't mean I can't complain anyway...

July 12th, 2006, 02:49 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I think having two mcs in six months has really given me some perspective. It's just a job, and just a car, and just an ac system. It's certainly not life and death.

But that doesn't mean I can't complain anyway...[/b]
Absolutely!! It's all about perspective. Glad things are improving, even if it's a slow process. One fix done, one in progress, and only one left to go.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
July 13th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, we had one more thing come up, but things are slowly improving. The doctor's office called yesterday and said that the lab messed up part of my testing bloodwork, and I had to go back in again today to get it done. Between two trips to the mechanic and one to the doctor, and taking most of tomorrow off to visit my parents, I have completely given up working 40 hours this week. Oh well... it's nice to have the break.

July 13th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Well, we had one more thing come up, but things are slowly improving. The doctor's office called yesterday and said that the lab messed up part of my testing bloodwork, and I had to go back in again today to get it done. Between two trips to the mechanic and one to the doctor, and taking most of tomorrow off to visit my parents, I have completely given up working 40 hours this week. Oh well... it's nice to have the break.[/b]
Sorry the break doesn't seem to really qualify as a "break" from anything other than work.. It really sucks when it seems like one stressor is removed, even temporarily, and then like 4 different things come up to replace it.. I feel your pain, hun!

Hope things get a little easier for you, and that everything with the bloodwork comes back okay.

<span style="font-familyalatino Linotype">"I wish you knew how much you changed all our lives. But I know someday you'll see, if only through heaven's eyes."
I'll always love you, Lori.</span>
</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search