rough Monday

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2006, 08:50 AM
StephLS's Avatar Super Mommy
Well, I completely lost it Monday night. We'd gone to a family get together (dh's family - cousins, aunts, uncles etc). There were 3 babies there, all 7 mos and younger. We found out that another cousin is due to have a baby in December (in addition to her sister who is due in Oct). It was really hard to hear this. Basically dh and I are the last ones not pg or have any children. Then of course one of the cousins handed the youngest baby to me to hold. I tried to say no but she insisted. Its not her fault that she didn't realize that this particular baby was born about 2 wks prior to when my first EDD was, that this baby was the closest in age to what our child should have been. Also, while I was there, my first a/f since the m/c showed and AND it got even better as I was noticing that a/f was here I noticed a magazine in the bathroom with 5 pg celebrities on the cover. It was like I couldn't get away from pregancy-related stuff! I wish I could just forget about it for just a little while. I'm beginning to think that life can be pretty darn cruel.

I kept up a good front the whole time until we were heading home. I couldn't handle it any longer. DH tried to calm me down etc.. but here it is a few days later and I still feel crap.

Soo now I feel like I can't stand it anymore, I wanna know why!?! What is wrong with me?! I called the doctor and I'm going in friday so they can do some blood tests. I know, they may not ever find anything, but I can't hardly stand this. The sad thing is that the only positive thing right now is that a/f is here.

Married to Eric since June 25, 2005
mom to
3 Angel babies and Ryan and Rachel
Ryan born 6-18-08
Rachel born 3-20-10
Baby boy due on 2-24-14

Everything Good comes on time - we just don't know when that time is.
July 19th, 2006, 10:37 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you had such a rough time Stephanie. I hate that things seem to pile on like that. I've about decided that a convent (one that doesn't care for teen mothers) is about the only pg-free place in the world!

I'm glad your doc could get you in so quickly. Hopefully they can get you some answers.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
July 19th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Mari13007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean, just when you feel like you have gotten away from it all for a while, it comes back to haunt you some how. At work yesterday, everyone that came in to the store was either pg or holding a baby a few months old. I had such mixed feelings, happy for them but at the same time wondering whats wrong with me. I hope the dr. can give you some answers. God Bless. Marilyn

My BFP Chart[/url]
July 19th, 2006, 11:31 AM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that you had such a rough time. You were much stronger than I would have been. I don't think I would have been able to stay the entire time with all of the reminders there. It really doesn't help when people don't remember our dates and it is sad to say that most don't. Hopefully your doctor's appointment brings you some answers.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

July 19th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That sounds really rough. I can't believe you hung in there as long as you did. I hope you get some answers, and you start feeling better. That must have been a horrible day.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

July 19th, 2006, 05:33 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's funny you mention it. I have been dreading (probably not going) to Dh's family reunion this weekend. Last year, I had just had another loss & Dh's cousin who is VERY young..was there with her brand new little one (her third). He was tiny & having some sort of problem (tube up his nose & electrodes with wires that went to a device...and there she is, holding him, feeding him a bottle & smoking. He is doing great now from what I understand...but it felt soooo wrong to have that happening..right there & I happened to be dealing with cramping & bleeding from 1st af after...and it was more than I could take. I ended up telling Joel I wasn't feeling well & we need to leave. He was cool about it. It's jsut too much. There were other babies there, but I managed to avoid them...but this particular cousin like me for some reason, so I couldn't seem to get away. I remember too that I got the birth announcement for that baby the day after I mc'd..talk about timing. I opened it becasue I hadn't even been told she was pg again & I wasn't sure what it was.

Anywhooo
I think you did far better than I could have. I know what you mean though about not being able to get away from baby suff/pg stuff - it is everywhere. I feel like every other week I hear someone new had a baby or is going to.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

July 19th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Quote:
I remember too that I got the birth announcement for that baby the day after I mc'd..talk about timing. I opened it becasue I hadn't even been told she was pg again & I wasn't sure what it was. [/b]
Ok that settles it, to receive a birth announcement the day after your m/c, life is definitely cruel!

mom to
Ryan born 6-18-08
Rachel born 3-20-10
Baby boy due on 2-24-14

July 19th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry you had such a rough time Stephanie. I hate that things seem to pile on like that. I've about decided that a convent (one that doesn't care for teen mothers) is about the only pg-free place in the world!

I'm glad your doc could get you in so quickly. Hopefully they can get you some answers.[/b]
Hmm a convent, now I hadn't thought of that. Its definitely a baby-free/pregnant woman- free environment! Heck I even have an aunt that is a nun at one.. Maybe I need to take a vacation to the convent and go visit her.

Anyhow, thanks, I really hope the doc can come with some answers, I'm tired of hearing the "oh it was probably just bad luck or there was something wrong with the baby so its better off blah blah blah.

mom to
Ryan born 6-18-08
Rachel born 3-20-10
Baby boy due on 2-24-14

July 22nd, 2006, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Where's the convent? Sign me up! At least until I get past my first EDD.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search