Something my 17 year old said to me..........

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2006, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a teenage son who is 17. He works for Vons, bagging groceries. Since the baby came in June, he's been taking in pictures of the baby to show his co-workers and has been asking me to bring him in so he could show him around. He's quite proud of his little brother. I picked him up from work yesterday and he asked if he could ask me a question. Someone at work wanted to know why we waited 17 years to have another baby. "You know what happened" I told him, "not really, I'm not quite sure" he told me. That really made me think. In all those years, had I never sat down and explained it all to him? I just assumed he knew what I knew because he never asked about the m/c's. So I told him everything. Then he said the greatest thing to me.

"Wow, I guess that means that Nick and I are special. You and Dad wanted us really bad. We were the lucky ones"

When I got home I went in my room and cried. My DH asked me why and I told him what Brandon said and he cried too. Then he said the sweetest thing too, "Nick and Brandon aren't the lucky ones, WE are."

It makes me cry to think about it but I had to share that with someone.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
July 22nd, 2006, 05:08 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is so incredibly sweet. You are very lucky to have those 3 men in your life. (((hugs)))

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

July 22nd, 2006, 08:29 PM
Veteran
That is so sweet.. I have to tell you that I'm crying right now.. I'm so touched that there is such profound understanding from a 17-year old.. And as Beckie said, you are so lucky to have these men in your life.

Thank you for sharing.

<span style="font-familyalatino Linotype">"I wish you knew how much you changed all our lives. But I know someday you'll see, if only through heaven's eyes."
I'll always love you, Lori.</span>
</div>
July 22nd, 2006, 09:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
That is so sweet.. I have to tell you that I'm crying right now.. I'm so touched that there is such profound understanding from a 17-year old.. And as Beckie said, you are so lucky to have these men in your life.

Thank you for sharing. [/b]
I have to say my 17 year old has turned into an incredible young man and I'm so proud of him. Sometimes he says things that just amaze me. Christmas of 2004 was pretty tight for us and I felt bad that I couldn't give him the things that his friends were getting for gifts. It really broke my heart because at the time he was my only son and I wanted only the best for him. After he opened his gifts, he seemed really happy with them and I apologized because I couldn't get him more and promised to make it up to him. He told me not to worry about it, gifts are just material and the important thing is that we were all together for Christmas and family is what matters most. Of course you know that made me cry too. I don't know how I managed to raise such a great kid.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
July 22nd, 2006, 09:18 PM
Heather1628's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Heather1628 Send a message via Yahoo to Heather1628
I was browsing JM and i saw this and had to respond, that is so sweet. I got chills when I read it. You have a real sweetheart there. When he finds a girl she is going to be so lucky to have such a great man in her life.
July 23rd, 2006, 02:03 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Vegasmom- that is such an incredibly wonderful thing your son said! Thank you for sharing that with us. He and his brother are special...as are you and DH for bringing up such a senstive and caring son...Nick has such an incredible life to look forward to being raised by all of you!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
July 23rd, 2006, 07:55 AM
Rylee&#39;sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee&#39;sMommy03
That is so sweet. It made me cry.
July 23rd, 2006, 12:06 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! What an amazing insight. You are truly blessed, which you already know. Thanks for sharing your story!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search