Heartbroken all over again

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This afternoon I heard back from my OB who performed my d&c a couple weeks ago. For those who don't remember, from weeks 6-8, we had a fetus who was measuring about a week behind but with a strong heartbeat, even though we were 100% certain about our dates (because we did IUI with a timed trigger). At 9wks, I had an u/s showing that the baby had died a few days earlier. Well, we sent some tissue for genetic testing, and I was really HOPING they'd find something wrong with the baby. Like, a trisomy that could happen to anyone...something to indicate that this baby was never meant to be, and that it wasn't my fault, but rather that nature was doing what it was supposed to do. Well, the testing was totally normal. The OB said usually when they see a m/c like this, after there was a heartbeat, there's a detected chromosomal abnormality. But in my case everything looked fine. He also told me (after asking me if I wanted to know) that it was a boy. Now I'm upset and heartbroken all over again. I am left wondering why I miscarried what appears to be a perfectly healthy baby boy. I don't know what this means for the future. I just wanted answers, but now I'm left with more sadness.
December 20th, 2012, 05:09 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
*hugs*

I'm so sorry sweetie. Have you been tested for clotting disorders?

MA Cycle #4 - 5 mg Femara. Cd12 Follicle Check/Trigger.
TI w/Instead Cups, Progesterone and Lovonox.
May 6th- bfp @ 10dpo ended in a Chemical Pregnancy May 15th @5w1dMe: Hashi's, PCOS,Multiple miscarriages
Him: MFI low count, low morphology, low motillity Vitamins started August 2nd.

December 20th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was going to ask the same question.

My miscarriages were between 8 & 9 weeks. After my third I was finally tested. I have Lupus Anticoagulant, a blood clotting disorder. My 4th pregnancy I was told to take low dose "baby" aspirin. During the first few weeks I also had a few blood draws to test all my levels. I was put on Prometrium, a progesterone med, thru the 1st trimester. That pregnancy resulted in my rainbow baby.

It doesn't hurt to ask to have these draws done, to see where you stand. In my experience, my OB refused testing until that 3rd loss.

since you were told it was a little boy, do you plan to name him? Some women find it comforting to name their babies.

December 20th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't decided about naming the baby. I haven't talked about that with dh, but I think I will.

My RE didn't think it would be worth testing me, since I've had 2 healthy kids back to back. But I've had 2 m/cs since then, so I don't know if maybe some new problem developed since I had my daughter 2 years ago. I have an appointment with my RE for January, and I will ask him for whatever testing he can do, and we will see what he does. Is something like a clotting disorder something that can just pop up in the last 2 years? What are other types of testing I should ask about?
December 20th, 2012, 07:56 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
I'd personally ask for the full recurrent loss panel.

A doctor saying testing isn't worth it has always felt to me like saying the child's death means nothing. It IS worth it.

I'm not sure about coming on in the last two years, but people have healthy pregnancies and then end up having losses. The losses tend to happen around the time the placenta would kick in, and you were right in that area.

I hope they can get you some answers sweetie. don't let them push it aside.

MA Cycle #4 - 5 mg Femara. Cd12 Follicle Check/Trigger.
TI w/Instead Cups, Progesterone and Lovonox.
May 6th- bfp @ 10dpo ended in a Chemical Pregnancy May 15th @5w1dMe: Hashi's, PCOS,Multiple miscarriages
Him: MFI low count, low morphology, low motillity Vitamins started August 2nd.

December 20th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. All of these recommendations sound good. You made an appt with the RE. I think that's the best first step.
December 22nd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I am so sorry that you lost your son.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search