How's everyone doing today?

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2006, 09:14 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm having a pretty good day, which is nice for a change. Really the only thing wrong is that work made us switch from jeans everyday to jeans only on Fridays and business casual the rest of the time. All my bus. casual wardrobe was purchased after months of yoga and before my 2 pg/losses, so I'm really having to suck it in to get my pants fastened. Oh well. Just incentive to get me exercising again, I guess.

So...how are you?
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
July 26th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Veteran
My day is actually going alright, as well.. I have been sleeping basically all morning!! It was raining when I woke up at 8, so I rolled over and just pulled the covers back over my head & slept until about 12:30.. What a nice, lazy day.. Now I've got to get ready for an appointment with my accountant to figure out some legistical expense stuff for my developing Reiki practice, but that's a good thing too! It's starting to feel like things are falling into place for me.. And later this afternoon I have therapy, so I'll get to talk about the things about my losses that are weighing me down a bit.

<span style="font-familyalatino Linotype">"I wish you knew how much you changed all our lives. But I know someday you'll see, if only through heaven's eyes."
I'll always love you, Lori.</span>
</div>
July 26th, 2006, 03:07 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Actually today was alright for me. I didn't sleep good - so I was wayyyyyy pooped this morning & that stuck with me pretty much all day - but my boss was in a good mood. I also have a few very promising leads on sales & it would help EVERYONE at work immensely if I could close these deals - hopefully tomorrow will seal the deal.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

July 26th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not too bad, although I cannot believe it is still Wednesday! Where is the weekend??? Although I am going out of town this weekend for a wedding and I just realized that we leave tomorrow night, so I guess I have to deal with packing and figuring out what to wear and getting a gift, all tonight (ugh!).
In a more general sense, I have started having moments again where I am actually, genuinely really happy. It's kinda nice! I don't think I've had a really good day yet (all day) since mc#2, but I'm sure it's coming.

Beckie - Good luck on closing the sales! We have the same thing at work, trying to get in a few more before the month ends.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

July 26th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well as for me things were good up until yesterday afternoon. DH and I had our reception last Friday night and it was amazing...we've been in newlywed bliss since but then DH had a colonoscopy scheduled today (he's been rather sick to his stomach and dr wants to make sure there are no signs of cancer again)...so he had to do a liquid only diet yesterday which put him in a fabulous mood and had the test this morning. Good news is, no signs of cancer. Bad news is, still in a pissy mood (what having a camera shoved up there will do for ya I suppose). Why is it that men are so awful to deal with when they have a health issue? I know I've had my fair share of moods over these losses and surgeries but if I acted like he has, he sooo would not be letting me live it down. Perhaps I'm not being as empatheitic as I could be. I don't know...
I've started thinking about the babies a lot today. Probably being in the hospital and all, dug up some resdiual feelings. Also with the party over I don't have a whole lot to look forward to. I don't see the Dr. for my check up for over a month. I feel a little teary...maybe it's the stress of Dh and his tests? Who knows...when it rains it pours. hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. For both of us.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
July 26th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck, Norina! I hope it gets better. All that hospital stuff sounds like a lot of added stress.

July 26th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, my Wednesday was actually going pretty well until I got on here and read one of the posts in the pregnancy loss board. I'm in the July DDC with Poetique and had to read that she lost her baby. Now my heart is broken and I can't stop crying. I don't know if it's my hormones or if I just keep thinking that it could have been me. Really, I think you get to know so much about a person here and get so involved in their pregnancies that you feel close to them even though you don't know them IRL. I felt hurt at the beginning, when I was just lurking in the DDC and women would leave due to loss. I even remember when Astrid left and I cried. Now I'm there again, but it hurts more now it seems. Sorry ladies, I guess I just needed to say that.

Otherwise, I had a Dr. appt and he's released me to go back to work so I guess that's a good thing? I finally finished my sons room but I'm too afraid to put him in there at night because I want him where I can hear him breathing. Isn't that funny that I STILL have the fear that I had throughout the whole pregnancy?

Anyhow.............so sorry for being such a downer. I really try to be as positive as I can most of the time and I really do thank God everyday for all that I have but sometimes I just get a little depressed.

Norina, I hope your DH feels better. If it's anything like my house, if DH aint happy aint NOBODY happy.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
July 27th, 2006, 12:12 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
VegasMom, no worries on being a downer. I posed the question for everyone to post how they genuinely felt and if you're down, that's OK. Hugs!!

Norina, maybe you aren't too empathetic to DH because you've been poked and prodded and pried open in that same general vicinity so many times! I'm sure I'd be more sarcastic to my DH than sympathetic in a "welcome to my world" sort of view. But getting back to your post, I'm sorry you're feeling teary. Hugs!! OH, and you so have to post about your reception. I remember a bit of turmoil about relatives bringing kids, but don't remember reading about the event itself. I'd love to hear about it!

Beckie, good luck closing the deals!

Sara, hope you have a good trip and thoroughly enjoy yourselves at the wedding!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
July 27th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Kathryn,
you are so right...you know the last time I had surgery and was coming out of anesthsia my Dh called me from the store and asked me to transfer money from one bank account to another...I was like "WHAT??!!" Thank goodness I had the capacity to know I was in no shape to do such a thing! men i swear sometimes they are so clueless and then it happens to them and it's the end of the world!
Thankfully he was much better today. We went to our therapy appt which kind of set the mood right for the day, had breakfast, saw a movie, exchanged some gifts and bought some stuff with gift cards, and went grocery shopping ! Not one arguement...
I'll post about my reception when i get the pics ok?! But overall it went fabulously and we had the time of our lives! Thanks for asking and remembering!!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
July 28th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Because this thread is still here...

I am exhausted. Our flight that was supposed to get in at 9:20pm got in at 1:30am, and by the time we got baggage, etc., and got to our hotel it was 2:30. Then today we had another 4hr drive to the town where my sister lives for the wedding. I absolutely could not sleep last night because I had just gotten the results of my bloodwork yesterday morning, and my mind was racing all night. Then after I finally dozed off, my father woke us up at 8:30am to get in the car, when we had no plans until dinner and didn't have to leave the hotel unitl noon. When I asked why we had to leave so early, he said, "So we can take a nap when we get there." ***? I think he wanted to go because he got up at 5am to pick up my other sister at the airport, and he was bored by 8am.

So anyhow, I never got that nap, because I still couldn't sleep this afternoon, but I had a big cry tonight so hopefully I can relax tonight. I hope so, because I've got more family showing up tomorrow, and most of them know about this most recent mc, and honestly I don't want to deal with any of them, and I haven't told anyone about the blood test results yet, because we're at a wedding, and there just doesn't seem to be a good time to bring it up.

July 28th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Because this thread is still here...

I am exhausted. Our flight that was supposed to get in at 9:20pm got in at 1:30am, and by the time we got baggage, etc., and got to our hotel it was 2:30. Then today we had another 4hr drive to the town where my sister lives for the wedding. I absolutely could not sleep last night because I had just gotten the results of my bloodwork yesterday morning, and my mind was racing all night. Then after I finally dozed off, my father woke us up at 8:30am to get in the car, when we had no plans until dinner and didn't have to leave the hotel unitl noon. When I asked why we had to leave so early, he said, "So we can take a nap when we get there." ***? I think he wanted to go because he got up at 5am to pick up my other sister at the airport, and he was bored by 8am.

So anyhow, I never got that nap, because I still couldn't sleep this afternoon, but I had a big cry tonight so hopefully I can relax tonight. I hope so, because I've got more family showing up tomorrow, and most of them know about this most recent mc, and honestly I don't want to deal with any of them, and I haven't told anyone about the blood test results yet, because we're at a wedding, and there just doesn't seem to be a good time to bring it up.[/b]
honey...I hope you get some rest. Being exhausted really makes emotionas feel all over the place.

July 29th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
honey...I hope you get some rest. Being exhausted really makes emotionas feel all over the place.[/b]
I did get some sleep last night, and it does help. I might just take another snooze while I'm at it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search