How is everyone doing today?

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 10:28 AM
Just keep breathing.
Just sending good thoughts out to all of you. How are you doing?
February 21st, 2013, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am just now realizing that your name has Chicago in it. If you are really from Chicago, I know GREAT RE(if you are looking)

February 21st, 2013, 11:30 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am doing okay. It has been a week since my latest loss. I am hoping that I will be emotionally well enough to enjoy TTC this cycle.

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

February 21st, 2013, 02:17 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
About as good as always.. maybe a little bit worse. I have an EDD coming up on me fast (March 30th) for my first loss with DH... and he won't be here for it
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
February 22nd, 2013, 05:05 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
*hugs* Ashley and Rachel.

I'm doing ok. Realized last night that even with doing mini-cakes, our tradition of cakes on EDD's is going hard to keep this year. (Gwen's EDD 7/8, Aiden's EDD 7/20, FS's bday a few days later, Twins EDD 8/19.)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
February 22nd, 2013, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the good thoughts. I'm hoping to get my final results and plan from RE soon to start trying next cycle. Do you have plans to TTC? Are you gonna take a break?
February 22nd, 2013, 07:51 AM
Just keep breathing.
I'm glad to hear everyone is hanging in there. I'm okay too, kind of up and down. My good friend at work said that if I managed to get out of bed, dress and go to work, that's amazing Thank goodness for low expectations.

Meagan (right?) I am indeed from Chicago, and would love the name of the RE you know. I have an HMO, who says I need to have 3 mcs before going to that step (gee, thanks HMO). But I'm considering making some appointments on my own, just to see what my options are.

I had my 2 week post-cytotec follow up yesterday. My OB is going to run a bunch of tests for blood clotting disorders, vitamin deficiencies and both MTHFR genes.

She said there were no barriers to my trying again next cycle. Most of me REALLY wants to try again right away- I'm 33, and kind of don't want to waste a single opportunity to try. My dh, though, isn't really on board. He's been so overwhelmed by the last few months of back-to-back losses, dealing with me and my grief- the other day he barked that he didn't even want to try again. Then the next day he was joking about handing down recipes to our grandkids. Then the next day it was back to "I don't want to deal with this again". Then back again. Part of me is compassionate to him- he's a guy, after all, and not that emotionally evolved- and the other part of me is furious that he's not more supportive.

I got a referral to a therapist, whom I'm seeing for the first time next week. My OB said it can help to take some of the burden of dealing with the grief out of the home. I know he'd be thrilled if we had a healthy pregnancy and baby. I think I'm just going to back off for a few months, most likely NTNP, and then go from there.
February 22nd, 2013, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelChicago View Post
I'm glad to hear everyone is hanging in there. I'm okay too, kind of up and down. My good friend at work said that if I managed to get out of bed, dress and go to work, that's amazing Thank goodness for low expectations.

Meagan (right?) I am indeed from Chicago, and would love the name of the RE you know. I have an HMO, who says I need to have 3 mcs before going to that step (gee, thanks HMO). But I'm considering making some appointments on my own, just to see what my options are.

I had my 2 week post-cytotec follow up yesterday. My OB is going to run a bunch of tests for blood clotting disorders, vitamin deficiencies and both MTHFR genes.

She said there were no barriers to my trying again next cycle. Most of me REALLY wants to try again right away- I'm 33, and kind of don't want to waste a single opportunity to try. My dh, though, isn't really on board. He's been so overwhelmed by the last few months of back-to-back losses, dealing with me and my grief- the other day he barked that he didn't even want to try again. Then the next day he was joking about handing down recipes to our grandkids. Then the next day it was back to "I don't want to deal with this again". Then back again. Part of me is compassionate to him- he's a guy, after all, and not that emotionally evolved- and the other part of me is furious that he's not more supportive.

I got a referral to a therapist, whom I'm seeing for the first time next week. My OB said it can help to take some of the burden of dealing with the grief out of the home. I know he'd be thrilled if we had a healthy pregnancy and baby. I think I'm just going to back off for a few months, most likely NTNP, and then go from there.
It is wonderful your OB is going to do some testing. Most Dr's wait until a woman has has 3 losses before they will start doing any testing. BS.

The Dr's name: Mary Stephenson she is at the University of Chicago. Her nurse(Debra) was amazing. She is so sweet. Doc herself can come off rude, but she is very knowledgeable.

February 22nd, 2013, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HMO is a bunch if crap. Some definitions of RPL say after two losses. Some base things on age. I'm 33 as well and hear you. I found an RE that I can see "out of network" and get some fees reimbursed. All I am seeking is testing at this point. If they find something then I plan to reevaluate and consider an in-network provider. You have a right to be tested and evaluated. It's just a consult. ((Hugs))
February 23rd, 2013, 08:28 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search