Answers?!

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2006, 07:57 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
did anyone have any tests ran after their reccurent losses and actually have some answers??

My dr. did a bunch of tests and one came out positive...i think she said i had elevated protein c levels...i was supposed to see the high risk dr. today but had to cancel..i go the 14th..anyone know what i can expect to be told??
July 31st, 2006, 08:10 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My losses were from chromosomal issues with the babies, so can't help you on the tests for you. Sorry you had to cancel your appointment today. The 14th isn't very far away.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
July 31st, 2006, 09:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have an appointment with an RE on August 15th and will probably get some preliminary blood work done and set up a schedule for other testing. Sorry...since I'm new to the whole testing thing I can't really offer any insight, but I wish you all the best.

I hate having to cancel appointments. It's like prolonging the process and makes it stale for a bit. (Then again...I'm just an impatient person!)
July 31st, 2006, 09:31 AM
yeah..from what i read its a blood clotting disorder so im scared of stroke or something, ya know? Im hoping its just pregnancy related and they can give me something to reverse it..i heard it might take injections but im willing to do anything. good luck at your appointment nicole..its a day after me..we can count down together
July 31st, 2006, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's teh beauty of JM...We're never alone! Let the counting begin!
July 31st, 2006, 07:21 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There is a little on blood clotting disorders in the stickie. I admit I need to research that more so that we have more thorough info.

I once tested high on prolactin - but that was only 2 wks after the mc. Later I tested normal. Eventually they found that Dh has a balanced translocation chromosomal abnormality. So they did find an answer - just not a very good one.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

July 31st, 2006, 09:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Danielle, I'm in the same situation - my blood clotting tests came back abnormal, and I have to go back this Wednesday to get the results confirmed. From what I found on the internet, blood thickens during pg due to estrogen, and in some people (us) it thickens too much, which can cause clots in the placenta and disrupt the flow of nutrients to the baby (my dr. told me the last part). Anyhow, I would think since it is an estrogen related thing that you would be okay when not pg, but I have also had the same worry about random blood clots. The nurse did tell me that if it is confirmed that I have a problem, then I will most likely never be able to take any medication with estrogen in it, so no estrogen containing birth control pills or hormone relacement therapy. As for the injections, it's something called heparin, which I do not know much about. My doctor also told me to take a baby aspirin every day if and when I become pg. I've been taking one daily anyway just in case, although there seems to be some difference of opinion on that (my doctor told me not to, but just about everything else I've read said to do that).

Anyway, good luck to you, and hopefully we can support each other as we learn more. I'm sorry that we're stuck in this situation.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

August 1st, 2006, 07:20 AM
thanks for replying ladies! i am just so anxious to get answers and set up a routine of whatever it need be if i become pregnant again. I honestly cant wait to see the high risk dr. and as much as i worry about the clots, i am at ease that i will be having someone follow my pregnancy with me..much more than i would with my regular ob and montly check ups...good luck everyone..in the end it will be all worth it!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search