This many m/c normal????

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Hi, ladies. I'm new to this forum. I was looking for a forum specifically for women who have experienced recurrent pregnancy loss and stumbled upon this group. I have had 9 miscarriages and managed to have 2 kids in there as well. So I have 2 children out of 111 pregnancies. Am I the only one with this low of a success rate with my pregnancies? I'm starting to feel like such a loner because I feel like I've surpassed everyone I know in number of miscarriages.
After my last miscarriage on January 2nd, I'm feeling desperate for more answers on why this is happening to me. I was diagnosed with Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome after my 4th consecutive miscarriage. I then went on to have my son with heparin treatment and baby aspirin. But since I've started this treatment, I've still lost 5 babies and given birth to 2. I've also taken progesterone suppositories upon a positive pregnancy test and also foltx (extra folic acid, B6 and B12). My miscarriages are all first trimester. A couple have been after we've seen a heartbeat on ultrasound, but the rest have been super early to where my beta hcg levels either didn't go up or went up slightly only to start decreasing shortly thereafter.
Thanks for any input you have.
Kelsea
February 5th, 2014, 12:20 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
I'm sorry for all your losses. I've not yet had my rainbow baby, so I don't really have any advice especially since you've had testing.

You could ask to be tested for Natural Killer cells. This is something new that's being seen, where after enough miscarriages, your body just automatically attacks any foreign cells (the baby).

I'm sorry for all your losses. I've not yet had my rainbow baby, so I don't really have any advice especially since you've had testing.

You could ask to be tested for Natural Killer cells. This is something new that's being seen, where after enough miscarriages, your body just automatically attacks any foreign cells (the baby).
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
February 5th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Halloween81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry for your losses. I have been pregnant 9 times and have had 8 miscarriages - it looks like this pregnancy is going to finally give me my take-home-baby. I know exactly how you feel about a high number of miscarriages not feeling normal. I went to a recurrent pregnancy loss clinic and the dr there (who has seen many women with RPL) said I was not completely unusual. I have also seen other women on the board with a high number of losses.
I was always told that my best bet at getting a healthy baby was to keep trying. Unfortunately, it's the only option I have with today's technology because they can't find a reason for my losses. I'm sorry not to be much of a help but I hope you feel reassured to know that you are not alone.
Chemical pregnancy - January 9, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - April 21, 2010
Miscarriage at 7 weeks - October 22, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - May 14, 2011
Miscarriage at 17 weeks - December 7, 2011 (My sweet little Joshua had Achondrogenesis type 2)
Miscarriage at 5 weeks - June 5, 2013

All test results normal. Reason for RPL unknown.

February 5th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Wow, Halloween 81! So excited for a healthy pregnancy for you now Did you do anything different this time as far as treatment is concerned?
February 6th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Halloween81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you. I didn't do anything different. I have tried different things in the past (baby aspirin, progesterone, etc) but because they never worked I didn't continue with them. As I said, the reason for my losses is unknown so I can't take anything specific. DH and I have been blessed by this pregnancy.
Chemical pregnancy - January 9, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - April 21, 2010
Miscarriage at 7 weeks - October 22, 2010
Miscarriage at 10 weeks - May 14, 2011
Miscarriage at 17 weeks - December 7, 2011 (My sweet little Joshua had Achondrogenesis type 2)
Miscarriage at 5 weeks - June 5, 2013

All test results normal. Reason for RPL unknown.

February 6th, 2014, 08:47 AM
*JenJen*'s Avatar impatiently waiting
I'm sorry for your losses. I'd second the NK cells testing and maybe look into reprductive immunology testing too.

I have no other advice since I still have not gotten my take home baby after numerous losses.

My Blog
2006-2013 6+ years of NTNP, TTC, TTCMA, Losses, Surgeries, and Diagnoses.
RPL and Genetic Tests came back 100% normal | Endo, PCOS, severe MFI
Multiple early losses between 3 and 8 weeks.

Broken in heart, mind, and body. On a break until Summer 2014

February 6th, 2014, 02:25 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I have been pregnant 10 times and will hopefully have 2 babies at home in April. Some of the treatments you have done are what keep me pregnant. I had to take baby aspirin and progesterone to get my daughter where only the progesterone was needed to sustain this pregnancy. I don't have any advice, but I wanted to tell you that you are definitely not alone in this. I wish none of us had to go through this.

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

February 8th, 2014, 11:03 AM
sandel07's Avatar Veteran
I had 2 children, 6 losses then my 3rd child. I too have no explanation for my losses. Like Rachael said, unfortunately your not alone.
Miracle baby Ella arrived Mar 22, 2013
6 losses at 4 to 7 weeks (feb 05, July 10, Oct 10, April 11, Oct 11 Feb 2012)

No explanation for losses

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search