Found the courage...

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I did it...I found the courage to have my blood tests done. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm having 25 tests run but they only needed 15 vials of blood instead of 25 (can you tell I'm trying to find the silver lining???). DH is having his blood work done this afternoon. So that's out of the way. Now we wait for AF so I can schedule the rest of the tests on CD 3, 9-15 and the sonohystogram around CD 5.

I thought it was going to be pricey but so far only 1 blood test wasn't covered by my issurance and I only had to pay $55. I'm praying the rest is covered though.
August 16th, 2006, 02:22 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!! I'm glad you're making progress. Holy cow - 15 vials is a LOT!! I'm glad DH is doing his part as well. I hope they can figure out what's going on. And I'm excited for you that your out of pocket is low so far. I hope it stays that way!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 16th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The nurse was shocked at how many vials it was and said it was equal to a blood donation and to take it easy for the day.

DH has been great. After his blood work today he's got 1 SA to give this week and then he's done. He's willing to do whatever he can to assist and I'm so thankful for that. He's been going to all of the doctor appointments with me as well and said that we're in this together. I've got myself a real sweetie...even if he doesn drive me nuts!!!
August 16th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear your DH is so supportive. And I thought 5 vials was bad!!!

Need Breastfeeding Support?

August 16th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had 12 vials and was surprised it wasn't that bad either...I told the nurse not to go and clone me with all that DNA in his possession!
Nykol- I am so glad you are going through with the testing. your DH is a sweetheart for being so great about his portion too...I know some men get kinda weird about the SA sample...he sounds like a very loving and committed man!
I'm proud of you!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
August 16th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He is a great guy and I'm blessed to be with him. He can drive me nuts sometimes but there's an unconditional love between us that transcends words. He HATES having to do a SA but he figures that since I'm going through so many invasive procedures this is the least he can do.

These past few months I've really seen how much he wants to be a father. It eats him up when guys at work announce that their wives are expecting or when people make off-handed comments about kids, babies, pg or having a family. He once told me that he only had 4 goals in his life: marry me, buy a house, have children, and live happily ever after. So far 3 out of hte 4 goals have been met and the last one seems within reach but so far from our grasp and comprehention right now.
August 17th, 2006, 09:21 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
He once told me that he only had 4 goals in his life: marry me, buy a house, have children, and live happily ever after. So far 3 out of hte 4 goals have been met and the last one seems within reach but so far from our grasp and comprehention right now.[/b]
I think that is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search