Do these symptoms sound familiar to you??

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2006, 06:19 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, I'm 22 and have had 2 miscarriages in a year. My first miscarriage ended really early, the second one ended at 16 weeks. It was a missed miscarriage, or a fetal demise because my body gave me no signs of m/c. I bled during the first trimester on and off, but it it thought to have been unrelated to the m/c. Both the baby and I were tested for chromosomal abnormalities, my placenta and cervix were checked, but everything seemed normal. The autopsy showed nothing abnormal either. Fast forward to this, my 3rd pregnancy. I'm bleeding again and have an appointment tomorrow. If I lose this one as well, I don't even know what I'm going to do. What could possibly be wrong with me?? I was tested for progesterone this time around and it's VERY low, like less than 2, which seems impossible to me. But the advice nurse didn't seem concerned. She said it's highly unlikley I have low progesterone because I carried one baby to 16 weeks, and because when I charted my luteal phase was normal length and my temps were always way above the cover line. What else could it be?? Pleae help, I'm scared to death of losing another baby.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
August 16th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh sweetie...I can hear the fear and desperation in your post. i remember posting similar threads when i have been scared too...please, please do me one favor first. breathe....stop..take a deep breath, exhale at least 3 times...doing this will in fact calm you down. i know it sounds small and silly but there is actually a neurological shift that takes place in the brain when we do this.
Ok...now that we're a bit calmer, let's get out of our heart and into our head...just for a moment. Ok...you there? Now logically we know that there is nothing we can do at this spce and time to stop our bodies from doing somehting we want/don't want. But you love your baby...there's no doubt. I think you need to place a call to your OB, even if it's after hours...ask that they call in a Rx for progesterone (it needs to be over 10...I don't know why this nurse told you it was nothing to be concernd about), and then have someone go pick it up for you...is there anyone who can help you right now? Next you need to lay down, feet elevated and drink some water. As had as it may be, try and remain calm...keep using the breathing techniques as needed. know we are praying for you and your baby. Please pm me if you'd like to pass the time chatting.
I wish you only the best. let us know how you are.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
August 16th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are going through all of this. I wish I had some answers for you, but I don't know anything about progesterone levels. Norina's advice sounds good. We're here for you.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

August 16th, 2006, 07:44 PM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh honey... I second everything that Norina said. Just know that we are here for you no matter anytime. Please keep us posted as to what your doc says. You and your little one are in my prayers.

Love,

August 16th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What a scary time this is for you. Norina's right...please call your doctor. 2 isn't an acceptable number considering the medical profession doesn't consider anything under 5 as a sign of O'ing in the first place. You're in my prayers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search