What is your favorite way to indulge yourself?

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2006, 12:38 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My absolute favorite way to indulge myself is to curl up in the recliner with a quilt and a good book (Harry Potter or anything by Janet Evanovich) and some dark chocolate and/or cashews. Ahhhhh...
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 18th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Mom 2 Avery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mom 2 Avery Send a message via Yahoo to Mom 2 Avery
I've become an Evanovich addict!!!! How far have you gotten in her series? I am so crazy about Ranger it's not funny....he sounds so FINE!!!!

My indulgence has carried over from the pregnancy. I crochet. I've made several blankies and am finishing my third afghan!!!

Enjoy the books and the chocolate!!!
Hugs!
Dawna
August 18th, 2006, 01:24 PM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Unfortunately, my favorite indulgence is eating at a nice restaurant. My thighs and checking account do NOT thank me for this. LOL

Second favorite is to read in the bathtub and have a snack of cereal or icecream. (involves food---just like the first!)

August 18th, 2006, 01:42 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Food's all good, Candace! I love to eat!!

Dawna - I've never had a crush on a fictional character until I "met" Ranger. OMG - Hottie!! I've read through book Ten in the numbered series and all of the "Full" series (Max is hot, too, but still not up to Ranger's standard).
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 18th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I like to go eat sushi. There's a place here that has rice, fish, and veggies all in a bowl for lunch, and it's actually cheaper and more food than the regular sushi rolls. I am already missing that.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

August 18th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love sushi also! Dh proposed at our favorite sushi place.

I also love Starbucks...I get whip cream on my frappacino when I really want to indulge myself.

Buying a new pair of cute shoes or purse always lifts my spirits.

A nice glass of wine can usually relax me when I'm feeling high strung.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
August 18th, 2006, 05:02 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
A snack of cereal or icecream.[/b]
Have you ever tried cereal AND ice-cream - I LOVE IT!!!!!

Especially the Special K with Red berries - woweeeeee - I am telling you -Peanut Butter Cap N' Crunch is pretty good too - especially with chocolate ice-cream.

My favorite indulgence by far is to sleep & I take it to almost an art form. I bought a large sheep-skin rug (the fluffy kind - like alpaca - not the nubby kind. And if I am feeling especially indulgent I take out hte rug (packed away) and lay it on my bed & sleep naked on it. I know yikes! But I am telling you - it is sooooo relaxing....and Joel thinks it is soooo funny. I won't let him get near me with a 10 ft pole around that rug - it is a prized "nap" possession & I tell him he won't be ruining it or it's intention. I also own a collection of PJ's to rival Imelda Marco's shoe collection & I adore great pair of pj's. That is by far my greatest indulgance - perhaps because when I stress - sleep can be so elusive - I feel I must own stuff that encourages it - lol...I really don't know.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

August 20th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Veteran
LMAO!! Beckie, you absolutely crack me up! I may have to give some cereal and ice cream combinations a try!

For me, lighting candles and/or incense & listening to some Celtic relaxation music, is really comforting.. It's a definite indulgence, because once I start, I could easily go two hours just sitting there meditating.

And if I don't have enough time for that, just give me some sushi or bring me to a store that sells Vera Bradley that I can add to my collection, and I am in heaven!!!

<span style="font-familyalatino Linotype">"I wish you knew how much you changed all our lives. But I know someday you'll see, if only through heaven's eyes."
I'll always love you, Lori.</span>
</div>
August 21st, 2006, 11:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG I LOVE cereal and ice cream!!!!! Food is one of my weaknesses and I have the body to prove it

It is my weakness but it's not my indulgance.........

SINCE I do live in Las Vegas, I would have to say gambling is my indulgance. I really enjoy doing it and at one time I actually had a problem. Though an addict is never cured, I have control of it and I can say no. So yeah, gambling had to be my indulgance.

Now if we were talking about favorite things to do, it has to be sleeping, eating and DTD.....LOL......well maybe just sleeping and eating now that baby is here and there is no time to DTD.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
August 27th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Veteran
I love to grab a Starbucks frappacino like norina1028 said!
And I like to draw... sketch and ink some random thoughts in my mind. It's calming when it comes out right and changes you perspective a bit
If I'm in the right mood, I'll write a song or even just a pretty guitar piece! I'm into those creative things I guess
August 29th, 2006, 05:33 PM
EricaInOhio's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to EricaInOhio
Never got around to answering this so here goes....
Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby

Are you aware of the benefits of babywearing? Visit me at www.carrymemama.com to learn more. "BABIES, BORN TO BE WORN!"

Part time Micro prof., full-time breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing WAHM of 2.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search