Having a yucky day...

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know quite what it is... I guess a combination of things. I now officially have 5 friends who are close to me who are pg and one who announced last night she has gone off the pill and she and her DH are trying to have a baby.
I am still on the estrogen and have not had an AF in 2 months...the estrogen does this to me. I have a whole lot of PMS symptoms though...irritability and fatigue being the most fun ones
Usually shopping helps but we're a little tight on money being that we're trying to buy a house so i can't really go indulge that way.
I feel fat so I'm trying not to eat bad stuff (my other indulgance).
I am emotionally checked out of my job (I'm in the process of finding a new one...actually am hoping to hear from a place I interviewed at next week) so i hate the office environment right now...if I hear one more announcement that volunteers are needed for the "fun force" (planning committee for birthdays, going aways, etc) or if my stapler gets stolen one more time I am seriously gonna go postal .
I feel like there's a whole lot of work I'm putting out and have put out but no reward yet ie no house yet, no baby yet, etc..
My appt with the RE is coming up on the 29th and I'm nervouse...afraid something else will be wrong.
i got into a fight with an old lady at the gas station yesterday (she totally cut in front of me while I was waiting to pull in and get gas...I rolled down my window and yelled at her, she yelled back, obsenitices flew...*** is wrong with me???).
I need to take Benedryl to sleep or else I don't.
I guess I just needed to vent. tahnks for listening.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
August 18th, 2006, 04:02 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ohhhhh honey. I think you hve every reason to feel all these things & more. You have been through the ringer & then some. It is normal to feel out of control when you have literally been - out-of-control in so many aspects of your life. It's enough to drive a crazy person sane.

I say you need some time to be good to you - a bubble bath, a walk in a lovely park, something special to pamper yourself in the way you pamper those you love. We all get down, even when nothing major has happened & you've had more than your fair share of major. I love ya & I have an ear that is ALWAYS open - anytime.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

August 18th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ditto what Beck said. It really sucks that things have been so tough, and in a lot of different parts of your life. Here to hoping that the clouds lift soon.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

August 18th, 2006, 06:18 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor Norina! I hate when everything crashes down all at once. Your appointment will be here before you know it, hopefully bringing with it good news. And with your strong faith you know that everything will work out the way it's intended and just when it should. Praying for good things for you sweetie!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 18th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Veteran
Aww sweetie!! I am so sorry you're having such a rough time!! But just as Beckie said, you have more than enough reason to be feeling this way.. I know the house search is stressful, and even though you're trying not to get your heart set on any particular house you've made an offer on, that's almost impossible to do.. If you've made an offer on it, of course it means that you love it. And even though I know, just as I believe you do, that you will find the house that is perfect for you, it doesn't make it any less hard to be waiting around while the fate of where you're going to live is in someone else's hands..

The job thing makes perfect sense too.. And I can understand why you're feeling so short and snappy with your coworkers.. From what I understand, it has never really been a great environment, and it's a tough business to be in in the first place.. So especially since you've got one foot out the door, it makes sense that you have little tolerance for the bs.

I also know that this is much easier said than done, but try to think positive thoughts about your appointment coming up at the end of this month.. I understand how stressful it is, and I also know just how much strength you have. Even if the worst case scenario happens, I know you'll get through it.. But that's not going to be the case.. I'm sending you positive energy each and every day. And I really think with all of my heart and soul that this is going to work out for you..

I know we've talked about this feeling of being punished for things in our pasts.. And I sensed a trace of that thinking in your post.. I know you're putting your heart and soul into everything you do, putting so much work into life.. And you're right, you don't have your house, or your new job, or your baby.. But I think the most important thing to realize in that is that you don't YET!! You deserve all of those things and more, sweetie.. And I know that you will have them.. Things will be okay..

I hope I haven't been overbearing in the things I've said, hun.. I guess the bottom line is: Give yourself some pamper time, and don't be afraid to come here to vent.. Please PM me, IM me, anything.. But don't be a stranger.. And don't try to do this yourself.. You deserve support, and we're all here for you..

Hugs & Love always, sweetheart.

<span style="font-familyalatino Linotype">"I wish you knew how much you changed all our lives. But I know someday you'll see, if only through heaven's eyes."
I'll always love you, Lori.</span>
</div>
August 19th, 2006, 09:22 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's amazing how everything can just feel like it's crashing down on you all at once. It can get so overwhelming...I don't think there's much I can say to make you feel better except that you're not alone and everything you're feeling is 100% normal. Hang in there, it will get better, little bits at a time. Just make sure you allow yourself to laugh, or at least smile every once in a while, it can do wonders for your spirits.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
August 19th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you everyone for your kinds words of support. I woke up feeling a bit better today.
Last night DH and I went to sushi...after he went home and I wandered aimlessly around the mall...I just needed some veg time. I ended up buying a beautiful red shirt. The color red reminds me of passion...the way i see life.
I grabbed some ice cream (despite the diet) and came home and watched this very funny twisted show that we discovered on HBO...it's called "Lucky Louie" ever heard of it? It is hilarious! I laughed and laughed...aburroughs you were right. Smiling and laughing does wonders for the spirit.
Thank you 68rn for being so candid and heartfelt in your post (and IM to me). I thought a lot about your words. You have an amazing spirit.
So I'm here to say the idea that "this too shall pass"....I am living proof of. DH and I agree my hormones are completely out of whack and he has been trying to help out...made me my favorite coffee this morning in hopes of starting the day oof right!
I am blessed to have all of you in my life. Thank you!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
August 21st, 2006, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Norina...I'm catching up on the posts and saw yours. How are you feeling? How was your weekend? I hate how life crashes at the same time and we feel overwelmed and out of control. We love ya and we're all here for ya hun!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search