can someone help here please

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2006, 04:22 AM
Regular
hi

im new here

my name is karen and im 37,i have a 16 year old daughter and miscarriaged a baby boy when i was 33.i recently found out that i was pregnant again and was overjoyed,i took 3 pregnancy tests and all 3 came back positive,and ive had all the symptoms.i was going to go to the doctors on friday(2days) to get it confirmed for definate but last night i had slight backache and this morning some bleeding.im very worried as my husband and myself and also my daighter are very excited about this baby.im scared that im going to lose the baby,my daughter keeps convincing me that everything will be okay but im very worried as ive had a miscarriage before i think this is happening again now.does this sound like a miscarriage to you?i cant get a doctors apointment sooner than friday so i cant even check it out sooner.im so very scared.can anyone help?
August 23rd, 2006, 06:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Karen...I'm sorry that what is supposed to be an exciting time has turned into fear yet again for you. I can understand the fear that you have. There's no real way to know if you're m/c until it happens. Many women cramp and spot throughout their pg and are fine, and others don't. For some a m/c starts out as your describing and for others it doesn't. For my 2nd loss I had no idea anything was wrong and found out during an u/s when I was 11 weeks. I had no cramping, no spotting and all of my pg symptoms. For my 3rd loss I had my beta HCG levels tested and they went down instead of doubled and I prepared myself for a m/c and it happened a week later.

I know this isn't giving you a lot to go on, but I guess what I'm trying to say is take a deep breath and regroup. If you're really concerned would you be able to go to a walk-in clinic or even an ER at the hospital? They could check you out to ease your concerns or confirm things for you.

Take it easy these next few days. Make sure you drink lots of water (because dehydration can cause cramps) and rest. I know how scary it can be and unfortunately...it's out of our hands. In situations like this, our bodies are in control. I'll be thinking of you and keep us posted.

August 23rd, 2006, 08:07 AM
EricaInOhio's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to EricaInOhio
Unfortunately, she's right. It is very hard to tell something very normal from something that's going wrong. One way that your doctor should have offered is to check your HCG levels now and in 2 days. If they double, then things are probably OK. I say probably because when the nurse called to tell me everything was OK I was in the process of m/c ing naturally and had to tell her to the contrary things were most definately not OK. I think MOST of the time if your numbers double you can relax and feel asured that everything is OK, but everyone here that's had a m/c knows relaxing is not an easy thing to do. I think the most reassuring thing I was told when I was wondering if I would m/c was that there really isn't anything you can do to cause it or prevent it. If it is going to happen, then there is something wrong with the pregnancy and you can't stop it or really do anything wrong to cause it.

I would call back and ask for the blood test immediately and also ask them to do a progesterone as low progesterone can be a cause for m/c.

Hope that helps.

Are you aware of the benefits of babywearing? Visit me at www.carrymemama.com to learn more. "BABIES, BORN TO BE WORN!"

Part time Micro prof., full-time breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing WAHM of 2.
August 23rd, 2006, 08:34 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the ladies have covered everything. I'm sorry you are worried, but knowing what we do it's hard not to. Please keep us posted. I'll keep you in my prayers for a good outcome.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 23rd, 2006, 09:06 AM
Veteran
Hi Karen,

Sweetie, I think all of the other ladies have covered everything there is.. I just wanted to encourage you to take a deep breath, rest, and call your doctor if pain or bleeding gets worse.. And, as Nicole said, don't hesitate to go to the ER or a walk-in clinic if you need care sooner than Friday.

I'll be thinking of you, hun.. Please take good care of yourself, and keep us posted.

<span style="font-familyalatino Linotype">"I wish you knew how much you changed all our lives. But I know someday you'll see, if only through heaven's eyes."
I'll always love you, Lori.</span>
</div>
August 23rd, 2006, 11:20 AM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry that you are going through this. Everything has pretty much been covered by the other ladies. I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you. Please let us know how everything goes.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

August 23rd, 2006, 04:12 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish there was some way to know anything for sure. It is possible to have things looks TERRIBLE & turn out okay & things can look great & turn out terrible. I would not assume you are mcing unless you have passed tissue. Although cramping & bleeding are not a good sign...they can be caused by other factors (like fibroids, etc). I hope that you can try to relax & find some peace until Friday. I do have to ask if you might want to consider a new Dr if even when bleeding they can't work you in before Friday. I actually overslept once for my appointment (as I had been up all night cramping/bleeding & the Dr knew that). I called the Dr in the morning teary & upset that I had missed the appointment. They said the Dr had to go out of town for the afternoon & was leaving soon so she couldn't see me now. I said I understood - but needed them to ask her what she wanted me to do now..since I missed the appointment. The nurse came back & said the Dr wanted me in ASAP to give me a check before she left town & it was fine that I overslept - she would wait for me. That really is the kind of Dr you need to find hun. After a loss - it's almost emotionally unbearable to deal with someone who won't help you ease your mind or at least get a definite answer... I am sooooo sorry you are going through this stress. If there is anything I can do - PM me anytime.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

August 23rd, 2006, 05:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Like everyone said, you really can't tell for sure until it happens, but I thought it might ease your mind to know that I have some spotting right in the beginning of this pg, about a week ago, and things seem to be fine now. I'm not out of the woods by any measure, but it does go to show that not all bleeding means a mc right away.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

August 23rd, 2006, 05:52 PM
EricaInOhio's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to EricaInOhio
Good point about the doctor Beckie. I thought that was odd that they wouldn't see you until friday, but forgot to mention anything. When I called about bleeding with my 1st m/c they said it was too early to see anything with u/s, but to come in for the HCG and to call them immediately if it became bright red/heavy/or severe cramping. You need a supportive doctor. If you don't feel they are being attentive to your needs I'd look elsewhere for a doctor.

Are you aware of the benefits of babywearing? Visit me at www.carrymemama.com to learn more. "BABIES, BORN TO BE WORN!"

Part time Micro prof., full-time breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing WAHM of 2.
August 24th, 2006, 03:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Beckie and Erica have a point about the Dr. If this one can't make time for you during this critical moment then you need one who will. My OB has been with me through 5 of my 6 m/c's and he makes room for me when I need him. The relationship you have with your Dr. is very important.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
August 25th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Regular
thank you all for your replies.went to the doctor today and she confirmed that i had suffered another miscarriage.she checked me for infections and asked me to speak to a counselor.my husband and i,and also my daughter are completely gutted.our worst fears were confirmed.thank you al for your support with my question
August 25th, 2006, 10:41 AM
sweetpea13's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetpea13
i am so sorry to hear of your loss.try to get some rest and take it easy.i know easier said than done.i will say a prayer for you and your family.again i am sorry.God Bless,Lisa

ME-28,DD#1-7,DD#2-5,DD#3-4 months Born on 2/26/08 @ 3:44pm 9lbs 2.7oz,2 Angels in Heaven

</div>
August 25th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry hun. I was hoping for a good outcome for you.

August 25th, 2006, 02:19 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry! I was hoping for better news. Please use us to vent, cry, whatever you need to do. We've been through it and we'll help you.

Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 25th, 2006, 04:12 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sweetie - I am so sorry. Please know that we are here for you & feel free to express whatever you want. I am sending you much love & prayers for peace in your heart.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

August 25th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for you and your family.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search