i am going crazy

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Regular
i had a chemical pregnancy at the end of july, on the 26th 3 positive hpt then - blood the 28th and 31st. I had light spotting all old and no tissue that came every 12-16 hours for a few days but that was it. I figured my body absorbed the pregnancy since there was so little amount of bleeding. so here i sit awaiting my af which i dont think she is ever going to come. this was my 4th loss so i know how these things go, but in the past everything happened when the drs said it would other then with my 3rd loss it took 8w 2d after my d&c for af to show, but it took 4 weeks for my levels to get back to normal so it wasn't really off at all. when in the world is af suppose to show? i figured my cycles would return back to somewhat normal like in the past. ahhh this is driving me insaine!
August 28th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I hate to ask, but are you sure it was a chemical? From what you described, you could have light spotting and still be pg. Unless I'm not reading your post right and you said "three positives and then a negative". I wasn't sure what the dash was.
If it was a chemical pg, then I think it will be another regular cycle before af comes, but I don't actually know. Hopefully some of the other ladies on the board can answer your question better.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

August 28th, 2006, 07:48 PM
EricaInOhio's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to EricaInOhio
I'm confused too..... have you tested since all the spotting? In any event....if you did have a chemical pg I believe it can take as long as 8 wks for af to show just like with a m/c, but I can't say for sure. I've been lucky that my m/c's haven't screwed up af too badly, but many of the women on here and TTC after loss have lots of irregularities with their cycles after m/c. I don't see why a chemical couldn't cause the same problems, but I can't say for sure. do you have an OB/GYN you could call?

Are you aware of the benefits of babywearing? Visit me at www.carrymemama.com to learn more. "BABIES, BORN TO BE WORN!"

Part time Micro prof., full-time breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing WAHM of 2.
August 29th, 2006, 06:02 AM
Veteran
I'm so sorry you're going through this, so sorry to hear of your losses. But I agree with the other ladies.. Have you tested since the spotting? Or do you have a doctor you can go to, just to be sure??

We're here for you hun.. Please keep us posted.

<span style="font-familyalatino Linotype">"I wish you knew how much you changed all our lives. But I know someday you'll see, if only through heaven's eyes."
I'll always love you, Lori.</span>
</div>
August 29th, 2006, 08:03 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If it was a chemical or other m/c, at the end of July, you're only 4 weeks out. It can take 5-7 (or more) weeks for AF to return. Might not hurt to call your doc, if nothing else than to give you some peace of mind.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
August 29th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Regular
sorry about the confusion! yes i had 2 negative blood tests after my 3 positive hpts. I have tested since then on a hpt and it was negative also, that was a few weeks ago. i thought it took so long after a miscarriage to get your period again was bc your hcg levels had to reach 0 before you can ovulate, and my hcg levels were at less then 2 on the 28th of July. thank you very much for the help ladies! i am going to buy another hpt tomorrow, just to see what it says.
August 30th, 2006, 07:23 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree mostly whith what everyone else has said. I also think that it would be normal for it to take the same amount of time for af to come back. Your body may be using hte spotting as an af & with some extra hormomes thrown in the mix - 4 wks isn't all that long for it to take for af to still not be here. I am sorry you have suffered so many losses. I am glad you found this board. It is hard when you have gone through this over & over & get to a point where you think you might have some understanding of your body & then your body does something you don't expect. With my 1st 2 mc's my af came back 28 days later, the next loss af was another week later than that though - and I found even that 1 extra week frustrating. I hope everything regulates for you soon. It is hard enough to deal with the losses, let alone your own bodies irregular schedule.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

August 30th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Regular
ty ladies for the replies. i took a hpt today, for fun, well i think it's positive. It is one of the dollar tree tests, but it was the 4$ one(+/-) instead of the 1$ bc they were out of the 1$ ones... the line came up after 3 minutes id say, but it is really faint and i have not seen an evap line on these tests before, but i can't rule that out. i've had evap lines come up after 1 minute on the 1$ ones so wouldnt surprise me on this test if that is all it is. i will test again either tomorrow or the day after and keep you ladies updated.
September 1st, 2006, 08:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Let us know what happens... we're thinking about you.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search