My eventful day****UPDATED******

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2006, 07:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I only have a few minutes to post. Right now I'm in the hospital and will be here over night. As some of you know I recently had a BFP. Late last night I woke up with severe cramps and was bleeding pretty badly. I assume it was another m/c. My DH brought me to the ER and I explained everything to them. I am a pro you know. I had already taken a percocet for the pain. They gave me a pg test and it came up BFP so they proceeded as if I were m/cing. I went into have a u/s and the tech was acting really strange while she was doing it. I just though it was because she didnt see a h/b. My OB happens to be on call this weekend and he came into the ER to see me. The u/s only showed a placenta, but it was not a normal one and there was nothing else. Because of the bleeding he told me he would have to do a D&C. I was ready for this anyhow because by now I am a pro. I went in and came out fine and I'm now in a room (private thank God). He came in earlier to explain to me what happened. Appearantly I wasn't pg again. My body thought I was pg STILL. My placenta with Nicholas had quite a few accessory lobes to it and when I delivered the placenta, one didn't come out. This condition is quite rare and usually causes hemmorhaging shortly after birth. He said he NEVER heard of it doing what mine did. It continued to grow and produce hormones. That is why I got the BFP and never got my AF. So bizarre. Oh yeah it's called retained placenta and it's very unusual for it to stay in for nearly 3 months. My Dr. said if the u/s machine had been working Thursday he could have discovered it then. So that is how my day went. I'll try to give more info tomorrow.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
September 2nd, 2006, 11:55 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow hun, I don't know what quite to say. I know you were overwhelmed at the prospect of being pg again & at the same time, I am sure part of you was beginning to get used to the idea & may be a bit disappointed at this diagnosis. I am sorry any of this confusing bit has happened to you. I hate that it seems so many variables can take place, it seems that on top of everything else we have dealt with, there is always something new that can happen as well. I wish I had better words of wisdom to offer - but hope you understand it's still meant with the same love...even if not the best of intellect (at this wee hour).

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

September 3rd, 2006, 06:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh hun...I'm at a loss for words right now. Your emotions must be all over the map. I can't believe there was no infection from the retained placenta! I pray that you can begin to heal now. As for the thought of being pg again...I know that threw you for a loop, and I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now.

September 3rd, 2006, 04:48 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow. I am sorry that you are going through this now. I can't even imagine what must be going through your mind right now...just getting used to the idea of being p/g, then to find out that you weren't p/g and still have to have a D&C. I am praying for you.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

September 3rd, 2006, 08:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for all you've been through. I'm glad you're at the hospital now and getting good care. Take care of yourself. We'll be thinking about you.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

September 3rd, 2006, 09:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm home now. I'm still in shock and feeling like this is just a strange dream. I have the hardest time believing it's true. I could wrap my mind around a m/c because it seems logical (although unfair) but I keep thinking this is just impossible. How did it go this far?

I read up on the retained placenta when I got home and it seems like there was no way it could have been that. I just keep thinking there's something they're not telling me. This just proves that I cannot have anymore children because I just cant do anything normal. I totally expected that it was a normal pg and delivery and post partum but I cant even do that right. I guess right now I'm just emotional and need to vent, sorry to take you all on my roller coaster ride that is my life

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
September 3rd, 2006, 11:07 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw hun please don't be sorry. We are all here for you no matter what goes on & no matter how or why. It doesn't matter what hey have found - it matters that you talk about your feelings & get the support you need - and we are here for that. It made me sad to read "and I can't even do that right". THere is nothing wrong with you in this process sweetie...things happen & often without a good explanation of how or why. Unfortunately this looks like one of those things. Please feel free to vent away - to say whatever you want to say & to work through whatever it is you feel about this. I hate htat often we don't even know how we feel - or that our feelings change so quickly - but even in that I still feel the best thing to do in any situation is to put our feelings out there & work through them. Sending you tons of love hun-

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

September 4th, 2006, 09:36 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry you are going through so much right now. It is so sad

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

September 4th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Mari13007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. The only comfort that I can impart to you is know that God is there with you every step of the way and leave your burden upon God. You are not going through this alone, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

My BFP Chart[/url]
September 4th, 2006, 01:17 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow, Rhonda! You've really had a difficult weekend. Like everyone else, I'm at a loss for words. I'm glad that you didn't have any infection from the retained placenta and that your doc took such good care of you. As always, we're here for you while you work through all the emotions.

And I'm really glad that you're safe.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 4th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh sweetie...this is so much to take in at one time. I am so sorry you've had to experience this roller coaster of emotions...I would imagine there is no "relief" in this situation because you were just starting to believe you were pg and now you have to let go of that and accept this diagnosis. It is so cruel sometimes the tricks our bodies play on us. Never apologize for trusting us with your feelings. that is what we are here for. let yourself mourn this experience as well...you deserve that. We are here for you always.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
September 5th, 2006, 09:19 AM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are having to go through this. Just like you and all the ladies...I don't know what to think about this. It's amazing that you didn't have an infection. My heart goes out to you.

Hugs,

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search