how long to get back to normal?

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2006, 07:06 AM
sweetpea13's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetpea13
i don't know if anyone remembers me but i had my 2nd m/c on aug 3rd.i have seen my doc sooo many times it isn't funny.and it's only been to make sure my levels are coming down.they dropped from 4,200 to 805 this past tuesday.this coming wednesday i have to do lab hopefully one more time,just to make sure they are dropping even more.my doc says i shouldn't get af for at least 5 more weeks.what is everyones own personal experience,etc??i want to get pg again but i wanted to do have my cycle checked first when i got my first af.tia,lisa

ME-28,DD#1-7,DD#2-5,DD#3-4 months Born on 2/26/08 @ 3:44pm 9lbs 2.7oz,2 Angels in Heaven

</div>
September 8th, 2006, 07:19 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Of course I remember you, we're both from OK. In general, docs say 5-8 weeks after your hcg level drops to 0 (less than 5, really) is when your first AF will show. We've seen a wide variety on the loss boards, though. Until your level drops below 5, you will not ovulate because your body still thinks it's pg. It is possible to conceive between the time your level drops below 5 and when AF should start, but docs generally prefer you to get AF at least once before ttc again. This makes sure your body is cycling again and gives the doc a good date to go on for the next pg.

I hope your levels finish dropping soon so you can get back on track. Mine took exactly 5 weeks after my d&c.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 10th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine have taken four and five weeks, but like Kathryn said there is a lot of variation. Good luck, and I'm sorry for your losses.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

September 12th, 2006, 06:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a similar situation to you. In July I went for blood work to confirm the pg and my HCG levels were checked again 48hrs later. Instead of doubling they dropped from 650 to 600. My doctor said that since I was supposed to be around 6 weeks and the numbers were low and dropping I was most likely going to m/c.

So she had me go for weekly blood work. I started to have a natural m/c on July 17th and went for blood work that day and my numbers were still around 500. It took 6 weeks for my levels to drop back to 0 and they weren't high to begin with. When all was said and done, I was at the lab for weekly blood work for 6 weeks. I was on a first name basis with everybody!

I started temping the day that I started to m/c because I wanted to know what was going on with my body and I O'd in the middle of Aug when my levels were still around 50 and 14 days later AF showed up. So it is possible to O with trace amounts of HCG in your system and doctor's usually say to expect AF 4-8 weeks after a m/c.

I got pg right after my 2nd m/c but that also ended in m/c but was due to adhesion tissue from my D&C and not because of my previous m/c. This time we waited until AF to TTC again. I guess it all depends on you and what you feel you can handle, and when you feel ready.

Good luck hun.

September 12th, 2006, 07:42 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the other ladies have pretty much covered the medical stuff. I jsut wanted to say I know it is frustrating when you are not only dealing with a broken heart, but a mixed up body too. Hang in there - it sounds like they are taking good medical care of you & I am sure af will be back soon & you will be hating her as much as ever. Wishing you a quick trip back to 0...

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

September 12th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Thanks so much ladies!!!I had to change my lab for next wednesday instead of tomorrow.My 4 yr old had to have her tonsils and adnoids out today and i am not going to drag her around.Plus she has to see her dr tomorrow also.My poor baby she is such a trooper.I am so proud of how well she handled the surgery but i am having such a hard time getting her to eat a little and drink.Well thanks to everyone who gave me advise/your personal experiences.I can't wait to get af actually.I am anxious to test my hormones and such even if I don't find anything out.Please keep my baby in your prayers.Take care and God bless,Lisa

ME-28,DD#1-7,DD#2-5,DD#3-4 months Born on 2/26/08 @ 3:44pm 9lbs 2.7oz,2 Angels in Heaven

</div>
September 12th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lisa- I just wanted to tell you something that might give you a little hope. I m/c the second of twins on August 25,2005 then had AF on September 27, 2005. By October 31, 2005 I was pg with my baby boy and had a healthy pg with relatively no complications. I hope it goes this well for you too.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
September 13th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Thanks vegasMom~That does make me feel better.Last time I started birth control to "try" to regulate me and instead it took forever to get pg again.Don't know if it played a part or not but this time no bc.If it takes forever again then fine but i have a BETTER Dr this time around.So I have hope.It's a start.Thanks again,Lisa

</div>
September 13th, 2006, 09:19 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope your daughter has a quick recovery. My son had his adenoids out last year (age 4 then) and it made a world of difference for him! He'd had 6 sinus infections from Feb to Aug, and more the years before that. He hasn't had one, nor any asthma flare ups, since the surgery. It also improved his attitude, now that he feels good all the time. I hope your daughter has good results, too!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search