anyone taken misoprostol?

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Super Mommy
i went to the dr. today for my prenatal ultrasound. i should have been around 8 weeks pregnant. there was a sac and no baby.

the doctor gave me misoprostol to insert to start the miscarriage process.

has anyone else used this? if so, what experiences have you had? i started it at 2:30 and so far nothing. i am not sure how long it takes for it to work. i'm scared it's going to hurt.

this is my third miscarriage and i'm devastated. i have a 17-month old son and i am so grateful for him. i'm not sure what was different so i could carry him to full term.
September 12th, 2006, 05:57 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry for your loss. I don't have any experience with misoprostol, though. I have had 2 natural m/c's and have waited both times for it to happen. I did a search, though, and this is what it came up with (hope the link works). You might also want to try your question over on the p/g loss board (there is a link in my siggy), there are more women over there and someone might be better able to answer your question.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

September 12th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have never taken it, but I wanted to say that I am so sorry for all of your losses. I would encourage you to stick around here if you would like to talk. The ladies here are very supportive.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

September 12th, 2006, 07:38 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Darn hun - I haven't taken it either. I would not only post this question at the pg loss board....I think I would also search that word on that board - it will likely come up with posts from previous women. I did a search & it came up with this ...but I am not sure how well the link will work...(I hope it does). It seems to have varying degrees of effectiveness. srs/Sara & I both had a similar diagnosis to yours & for her & I (I hope you don't mind me saying Sara) we waited it out for hte mc to happen naturally. Whatever happens - I hope it is as painless as possile & that you come here to get hte love & support you need right now. Loss is so hard - and often harder yet to have to deal with over & over. I am glad you were able to have your son & it is puzzling that so many ladies have a healthy pg & go on to have losses. I wish the answers were easier to find. I wish you all the best & will be keeping you in my thoughts. I am glad you have come here to talk & welcome you to the group.

Much love-

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

September 12th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have taken this drug but it was given to me the night before my dand c...what it does is dialtes your cervix...for me the dr wanted to do this in order to not have to use an instrument to manually dialte me. however for my 2nd m/c with the twins, i beleive it began the m/c process before I ever got to the hospital. There was a lot of blood and tissue...i also had a lot of what i thought were cramps ...very painful but looking back i now believe it was 'labor". I took 800mg Ibuprofen and it helped. if you bleed more than soaking a pad an hour go to the ER. Otherwise bleeding is normal and will be uncomfortable but shoudl slow done after the inital process gets started.
i am sorry for your loss and that you ahve to go thru any of this. We are here for you. Many hugs,

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
September 12th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
this is my third miscarriage and i'm devastated. i have a 17-month old son and i am so grateful for him. i'm not sure what was different so i could carry him to full term.[/b]
I have never used the meds for a m/c. I have always started mine naturally.

I'm so sorry you have gone through this. I have a 17 year old DS and a 3 month old DS and lost 7 babies in between. I know how heartbreaking it is. I personally felt like a failure. Keep the faith and don't give up.
You'll find you can come here and find comfort and understanding with these ladies and knowlege if you need it. I'll keep you in my prayers.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
September 13th, 2006, 04:01 AM
Tigger's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Popping in from pg loss board I took that however it didn't work for me my doc said it will work for about 90% of patients did they give you anything for pain my doc along with misporstol prescribed me motrin 800's to help with any cramping it can take a few days to work so give it time Unfortunatly I ended up having a D&C anyways lots of to you feel free to PM me anytime about it.
September 13th, 2006, 08:09 AM
sweetpea13's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetpea13
i started both of my m/c's naturally but with this last one i needed help.my hcg levels weren't dropping.i took misoprostol and methergine.at first it started out a little painful but then it evened out kinda like a period.probably a couple days after i took it i finally passed what had been holding me up and my levels have been dropping now.i will know more next week about my levels.all in all i had a decent experience with the med's.good luck and God bless,Lisa

p.s.if you need anything just holler at me.

ME-28,DD#1-7,DD#2-5,DD#3-4 months Born on 2/26/08 @ 3:44pm 9lbs 2.7oz,2 Angels in Heaven

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search