Looks like I'm over here now...

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a 2nd miscarriage..Actually the baby is still in me...it stopped growing at 6 weeks and 4 days..I should be 9 weeks and 1 day today..

I am waiting for it to pass..I DO NOT want a d&c..so hopefully this will take place soon...Can anyone tell me if they have gone through this waiting until it passes? What should I expect?

Thanks so much..

~Lisa

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

~~Lisa~~(40) Mommy to Jenna Justine 20 years old and Peyton Keely Born December 28th,2007
September 16th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Super Mommy
Lisa,
First, I am so sorry for your loss. I too had a 'silent' miscarriage. We went for an early u/s to establish dates, and according to my calculations, I would have been 9 w 6 d. My little bean was only measuring at
6 w 3 d. There was no 'fetal pole' and definately no heardbeat.
Shortly after, I started to have brown spotting, and 2 days after discovering that our bean wasn't with us anymore, I started bleeding and cramping.

I wish you strength - and that if at all possible you do everything naturally, and that all of the tissue passes. If you have any retention of tissue, you may very well have to have a D&C.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Hugs
Michelle

Good things come to those who wait

Low and slow betas (possible blighted ovum)
July 4: BFP - EDD March 9/09
July 7: 538
July 11: 1134
July 14: 1782
u/s July 21 @ 2:15 pm - blighted ovum, d&c to be scheduled
September 16th, 2006, 05:01 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lisa - I am so sorry to see you here & sorry for your loss hun. I waited about 4 weeks for my last mc to occur - and it was hard - but I also don't regret choosing to not have a D&C. I agree that going natural you do run some risk htat you may need a D&C anyway - but I have also seen several women on the boards that have had a 2nd D&C be needed - so there are no guarantees no matter what you choose. I don't know what to tell you as far as what to expect. I am not certain if you had a natural mc last time... For me it started with spotting for about 24 hrs gradually coming into cramping & heavier bleeding & then moving onto to heavier cramps...and it took about 3 days for me to pass the baby. I tried to use the time before the mc happened to try & make peace with everything & to say good-bye to the baby. Take very very good care of yourself - make sure you are eating as well as you can, drinking plenty of fluids, taking vitamins, etc. It is important to keep yourself as healthy as you can right now. I hope it starts soon so that you aren't left in limbo too long. If there is anything I can do - or any othe rquestions you have - feel free to PM me anytime. Sending you love & prayers-

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

September 16th, 2006, 05:29 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry for your loss. Like Beckie, I had to wait 4 weeks after I found out for my last m/c to take place. I had a b/o (where no baby ever developed), though, so I'm not sure how it would have been different if I had actually passed a baby. I know it is hard to wait. One thing that seems to help is if you are active, it seems to help move things along. I realized that both of my m/c's have occurred on Mondays....the only two days I work are Saturdays and Sundays and I am on my feet constantly moving while I am at work. So I think work was a trigger for my m/c's to start.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

September 16th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have to wait with either of mine (by the time I found out I was already bleeding), so I don't know how long it might take. It seems like 4wks has been the longest for the ladies here. I just wanted to say again how sorry I am for your losses. This is a great board, but we hate to have to welcome anyone here.
Take care of yourself.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

September 17th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Veteran
Lisa

So sorry to hear about your loss. A big hug for you and I hope you will find the strength you need to cope.

Re the D&C issue, I am totally with you in wanting to have a natural miscarriage. I have tried it and it seems to work OK with early losses, but not so OK when I have been more than 9 weeks. With my 2nd miscarriage in particular, I was determined not to have a D&C but at the end the natural option proved too much. The bleeding went on for way too long so at the end I was actually grateful that I could have a D&C and start getting better. So, it is really hard to predict how it is going to be for you - but D&C or no D&C the main thing is to take care of yourself and do whatever you need to minimise the physical and emotional impact of the miscarriage.

Good luck

Paula
September 17th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I too wish you strength and peace Lisa...I'm always here for you.
Hugs,
N-

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
September 17th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for your loss. With my first misscarraige I started beeding and knew I was losing the baby. With the second I was bleeding off and on for a while then I bleed heavily one night and lost my baby.

September 17th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls! It feels like I am a bit crampy now..my lower back...I REALLY do not want a D&C!! If I end up having one I guess thats the way it goes...I really just want to find out what is causing these miscarriages...I hope it is something they can fix. (if they can even find a cause) I am feeling kind of numb today...Mostly scared though.

~~Lisa~~(40) Mommy to Jenna Justine 20 years old and Peyton Keely Born December 28th,2007
September 18th, 2006, 08:18 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lisa, I'm so so sorry you have to join us. I hope things move along quickly for you so you can get past the physical part of the loss without having to wait too long. We're here for you anytime.

Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 19th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Super Mommy
With my second m/c my hcg levels didn't increase, so I know it was coming. It took about a month for the bleeding to start. It was like a really heavy period.

With this m/c I also lost it at 6w4d. I opted for pills misoprostol that you insert vaginally. I started bleeding within 12 hours. It wasn't bad.

The pills are an alternative to the D&C. My doc said she recommends those over the D&C. It's easier on the body.

Have you been back in for another ultrasound to see if the bleeding is going to start?

I'm sorry for your loss.
September 19th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I passed everything last night..I am bleeding a little bit now...

September 21st, 2006, 06:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry hun.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search