Lets get to know each other a little more..........

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2006, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
What is your all time favorite boy and girl baby name? (if you have kids, it's ok to pick the kid's names too )...Oh, and what do they mean?[/b]
I love BOTH of my sons names. My oldest is Brandon William and Brandon means "sword" and William means "resolute guardian" and it's so strange that his name has that meaning because to me that would symbolize a warrior. Brandon plans to join th Marines next year. My youngest is Nicholas Ryan. Nicholas means "Victorious people" and Ryan means "little ruler". I really hope that doesn't mean he's going to be a politician . For a girl I have always liked the name Caitlyn which means "pure" and if I were to have a girl anytime in the future that would be her first name and her middle name would be Lillianne because my grandmothers name was Lillian and that means "pure, innocence".

BTW, CeCe, I am all for the boob job here!

Q-
What other websites do you visit daily (besides JM) and why?

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
September 21st, 2006, 02:04 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
What other websites do you visit daily (besides JM) and why?[/b]
There are other sites??? JK

I go to msnbc.com for news every morning (well M-F) and to my church website for their daily devotional. I go to my Avon site for processing orders and such a couple of times a week. But mostly, JM.

What is your all time favorite movie (you can choose one per type if you can't choose just one favorite - comedy, drama, etc.)?
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 21st, 2006, 09:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
What is your all time favorite movie (you can choose one per type if you can't choose just one favorite - comedy, drama, etc.)?[/b]
Ok, I HAVE to answer this question, because I just got done watching a GREAT movie.....

I have 2 favorites per category!! Sorry!!! I CAN'T choose!!!!

Top Movies (in no particular order)

Vanilla Sky - Drama/Romance
Crash <--just got done watching it...and while there are a few aspects that I really didn't like, overall, it is an EXCELLENT movie. - Urban Drama?
The Jacket - Psychological Thriller
Road Trip (What can I say? I am partial to stupid idiotic and completely moronic men like Tom Green ) - Humor
Freddie Got Fingered (another CLASSIC ) - Humor
A Beautiful Life <-----MY GOD, is this the MOST BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY OF ALLLLLLL TIME....TOTAL TEAR-JERKER!!!!!!!!! - Drama/Romance......BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
[/b][/quote]

Cece, have you ever seen Harold and Kumar go to Whitecastle?

Quote:
Q. - If you could live ANYWHERE, where would you live?[/b]
Right on the beach in Diamond Head, Hawaii. I wanna live my life on island time. Slow and easy, watching palms sway in the breezy (I'm a poet and didn't know it )! I want to have a garden full of plumeria, gardenia, tuberose, birds of paradise, and antheriums. I want to swim every morning in the warm, clean pacific waters and lay on the beach under the sun eating fresh pinapple and mangos. Okay that's it, I better hit the lottery soon!

Q-
A good looking poor man or rich man that is not so pleasing to the eye, which would you rather have?

September 22nd, 2006, 07:33 AM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A good looking poor man or rich man that is not so pleasing to the eye, which would you rather have?

Okay...I have to answer this one! I've made this decision in reality, not just in this game. I married the one with money and stability who I was not attracted to and tried to stick it out for ten years. Didn't work!

Now I'm married to the one who is very pleasing to my eye (plus mind, body & spirit!) but I've lost a lot of the financial security that I had. And it's worth it! Though I do still stress about things like health insurance.

My question....

Imagine that you could pick an activity or place where all of US could meet and get to know each other in Reality! Money is no object....where should we all get together and what would we do?

September 24th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Q. - If you could live ANYWHERE, where would you live?[/b]
Quote:
Right on the beach in Diamond Head, Hawaii. I wanna live my life on island time. Slow and easy, watching palms sway in the breezy (I'm a poet and didn't know it )! I want to have a garden full of plumeria, gardenia, tuberose, birds of paradise, and antheriums. I want to swim every morning in the warm, clean pacific waters and lay on the beach under the sun eating fresh pinapple and mangos. Okay that's it, I better hit the lottery soon![/b]

Quote:
My question....

Imagine that you could pick an activity or place where all of US could meet and get to know each other in Reality! Money is no object....where should we all get together and what would we do?[/b]
My answer to this question is the same as my answer to the top question. I think that would be a great thing for us to do. Lay around on the beach, eat fresh fruit and swim in the warm ocean.

My Question-
If you could go back in time 10 years and do things differently, what would you change (if anything)?

September 24th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Running Queen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you could go back in time 10 years and do things differently, what would you change (if anything)?

I wouldn't have dated those stupid boys in high school who only wanted one thing....(yeah, you know what!). I would have loved myself more and treated my body better (I had a really bad eating disorder).

Question: If you could meet one person who is already dead, who would it be and why?

Jen
September 27th, 2006, 03:46 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Question: If you could meet one person who is already dead, who would it be and why?[/b]
Geez - could you pick a harder question? lol

I guess I would have to say Ghandi - I find him incredibly interesting...

If you could relive on day over in your life - what day would you pick?
editted to add - you can't change anything about hte day - just relive it....

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

September 27th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
If you could relive on day over in your life - what day would you pick?
editted to add - you can't change anything about hte day - just relive it....[/b]
Believe it or not, I would love to relive the last day I was pg with Nicholas. That would include everything right up to labor and delivery. Every last movement he made, every hiccup every kick and punch. The heartburn, achey back, insomnia. Then the 12 hours of labor and delivery. I would got through it all again just to see him for the first time all over again and to know how badly I wanted him and how much I went through to get him here. All that just to hear his first whispy little cry and look into his little face and know that God meant for me to have him.

Which "group" did you belong to in High School (jock/cheerleader, band geek, av geek, stoner, brain, etc) and what was your favorite activity?

September 27th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Veteran
I'm in highschool now... so I guess that's a good question! Our school doesn't have many cliques, it's just the clubs that set people apart. I don't do any school sports anymore, so cross out "jock". I'm pretty sure I'd fall most into both geek catergories. I'm really into music, I play a lot but not with school band, with my own band. So that's cool. But the AV geek... Hahaha I'm on our school's robotics team! Hahaha yes, we built robots. You may have seen this on Discovery Channel, it's called FIRST Robotics. It's really cool... I design all the artistic stuff, jerseys, logos, you know... and I do pictures and video and also website. So that's my favourite activity.
Oh, some people call me a "brain". I have a pretty good photographic memory, and I'm good with sequence so I can memorize like crazy. I'm not really uber smart, though. Dang labels! Lol

QUESTION: What's the first occupation/career you remember wanting or obsessing about?!
(You know, little kids... firemen, astronauts, etc. =P)
September 27th, 2006, 07:03 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
QUESTION: What's the first occupation/career you remember wanting or obsessing about?![/b]
While I have considered many occupations since I was little, the only 'job' that I have ever REALLY wanted to do was to be a Mom. I keep thinking that I should go back to school sometime, but my heart really isn't in it because being a Mom is the only occupation I really want.

Question: If you could meet one person from this board IRL, who would it be and why?

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

September 28th, 2006, 08:07 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Question: If you could meet one person from this board IRL, who would it be and why?[/b]
I can't answer that!! I want to meet everyone, because everybody has something different that makes them so special to the board. I'll defer back to the question/answer about meeting everyone IRL in Hawaii!!

If you could design your own house, including the land/area around it, what features would you absolutely have to have? (obviously you'll have bathrooms and a kitchen, etc., I'm looking for those special touches/features that make it yours)
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 28th, 2006, 08:24 AM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
I really want a porch and a decked area out the back with a swingset for any kids i might have, I'd want an attic and a gabled roof, a mailbox (we don't have them in the UK) and a catflap in the back door a red front door with a big shiney brass knocker and a nice lawn out the front of the house and a brcked up driveway a white picket fence

If you could live anywhere where would you live
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

September 30th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Veteran
"If you could live anywhere where would you live?"

I think I would like the chance to live in different countries and move every two or three years (say, a few years in Italy, then a few years in France, etc). It would be a great way to learn languages and enjoy the best each country has to offer - of course this is assuming that I don't need to work and there are unlimited funds at my disposal......yeah, that would be very nice too.

So, this is my question: favourite TV show at the moment?
September 30th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
So, this is my question: favourite TV show at the moment?[/b]
It has to be "House". I love him! That has to be my favorite, but I have a few shows I really like watching every day. I'm a big fan of all of the "court" shows, Peoples Court, Judge Mathis, Judge Joe Brown, Texas Justice, Judge Alex, and now I have been watching a new one, Judge Maria Lopez. It's kinda sad to see the petty things people will sue over. But I am hooked.

My question:

If you found a genie in a lamp and were granted 3 wishes, what would they be?

September 30th, 2006, 09:07 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
If you found a genie in a lamp and were granted 3 wishes, what would they be?[/b]
I would wish everyone here would have as many healthy & happy pg's as they ever desired....

I would wish that all of my loved ones would live, long, healthy lives......

I would wish that Dh & I had enough money to live comfortably without working for the rest of our lives, so we could have as much time as we wanted to enjoy our kids, take lots of trips, spend time together, & pursue our true passions without having to consider income.

If you could live one day over again & be able to do it differently...what day would you choose?

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

October 3rd, 2006, 12:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Question: If you could have any number of kids...How many would you have, and how many of each gender? (sorry, really two questions! ).[/b]
I think my answer 15 years ago and my answer today are completely different. 15 years ago I would have said 4, 2 boys and 2 girls. Then I went through all my losses and struggles and now I have to say I'm really happy with my 2 boys. Of course if it were guaranteed that I wouldn't lose another I would try to have 2 girls but as with everything in life, there are no guarantees.

Q-

If you met God face to face and he/she gave you the opportunity to ask one question, what would it be?

October 3rd, 2006, 09:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Q-If you met God face to face and he/she gave you the opportunity to ask one question, what would it be?[/b]
I would ask why do people suffer and so randomly that it doesn't make any sense? (i.e. Why are people starving in countries, and why do we have 3rd world countries while other nations are rich beyond comprehension. Why do people loss their babies and other people abort their's, or kill them once born, or abuse them?)

Q. What's your happiest childhood memory?
October 3rd, 2006, 02:56 PM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Sitting dads lap when I was about five drinking my night time bottle because it was the onyl way id drink milk and when mum would sing to me when i had a bad dream..
Gilly Gilly on the sea she used to sing

If you could have any job in the word what jov woudl you have
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search