Lets get to know each other a little more..........

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2006, 08:27 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
If you could have any job in the word what jov woudl you have[/b]
I keep telling DH that someday I'm going to get sick of my job and learn how to be a brick/stone mason! I just think it would be cool to make things beautiful with bricks or stones, to work outside, not have the stress of the office, etc. Who knows, maybe someday.

If you could make a difference somewhere in the world, where would you do it and why? (you'd have everything you need to make this work)
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
October 4th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Mari13007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This answer is actually a serious one, my DH has always wanted to "give back" to young people, especially kids and adolescents who are refugees. My DH was a refugee himself, he fled from Iran when he was 12 years old and ended up in the streets of Pakistan homeless. After three weeks of living off of candy and any other food he could find, he was taken in at a refugee center. He would go to the US embassy everyday pleading his case to try to enter the US but it was rather difficult since he was a minor. Eventually he made here when he was 16 and was placed with foster parents in Virginia. He has always talked about helping refugee children from around the world and we have talked about opening a non profit organization that would help in this cause if we ever had enough funding. That's what we would do.

If you knew life as we know it was going to end (in other words, the end of the world was coming), what would be your final actions in life and why?

My BFP Chart[/url]
October 4th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Plastic surgery--

A tummy tuck, a butt job, a nose job, an eyelid lift, puff up the lips

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

~~Lisa~~(40) Mommy to Jenna Justine 20 years old and Peyton Keely Born December 28th,2007
October 5th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
If you knew life as we know it was going to end (in other words, the end of the world was coming), what would be your final actions in life and why?[/b]
I would tell everyone I love how much I love them, and then I would find a way to forgive those people who have done me wrong. Then I could move "on" with a clean soul and be prepared for whatever comes after.

Question-

What would you consider an ideal "date night" for you and your SO/DH?

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
October 5th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Quote:
What would you consider an ideal "date night" for you and your SO/DH?[/b]
Anything away from the house! DH prefers quiet nights at home, which is fine for the most part, but I still like to be wined and dined occasionally. So, probably a nice dinner somewhere, no rush to go anywhere else, just sitting to eat and talk as long as we want to, just the two of us.

If you could surprise someone in your life with something they've always wanted, what would it be/what would you do? (and for the purposes of this question, your answer must NOT be baby related)
October 5th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh that's easy...and I've already done it! My parent's had to cancel their wedding because my mom's appendix ruptured 3 days before the wedding and they had to postpone it. Well they managed to get a date a month later but due to short notice, lack of venues, and it was Thanksgiving, it was very small and they never had a honeymoon. Not to mention, my mom was 4 months pg with me!

So for their 25th anniversary I threw them the wedding they never had and it was a complete surprise! I arranged to have the venue where my wedding reception was held and had white glove service complete with hot & cold hor d'oeuvres, and punch bowl with the flowers and their names etched in ice, a wedding cake, a huge floral arch and a minister so they renew their wedding vows, 60 of their closest friends and family, scattered rose petals every where, fresh floral arrangements, a photographer, and a video fo their lives with music from the various decoades. I spent about 6 months planning this in secrecy!!!!

I convinced my dad that my mom would LOVE a diamond ring for their diamond anniversary and he went and bought onee (lilttle did he know my plan)! Then I convinced my parent's that my siblings & I were taking them out for dinner to celebrate and I rented a stretch white limo to pick us up. They were so surprised and excited to see where we were going for dinner. Well, I had the limo go to McDonald's and said that we blew our money on the limo so we were going to have Happy Meals in honour of the Happy Couple! My parent's cracked up laughing and we took their happy meal order and went to get their meals. Then we told them we were going to drive around for the night and spend some family bonding time.

By this time they had no idea what I REALLY had planned and DH was at the venue organizing everybody and welcoming the guests. I also had DH get people to park in another parking lot so the place was empty looking. When we pulled in I said that I had actually arranged to have a quiet and intimate dinner with just the family at O'tellos and had rented the place to ourselves. My parent's were sooo excited and my mom started to cry.

When we walked in everything was quiet and then we all walked into the formal room and there was everybody yelling out SURPRISE! My parent's broke down into tears. I had arranged a bouqet of roses for my mom and a boutinere for my dad and had them walk down a make-shift aisle and gave my dad a little nod that this might be the "perfect" time to give mom her new diamond ring. She was floored when during the service he slipped the diamond ring on her finger.

It was an amazing night. I also had arranged a version of the "Not so Newlywed" gameshow and had 3 other couples in addition to my parent's play the game, complete with prizes.

I look back fondly on that because it's something my mom always wished she had and I could see it when I was planning my wedding 8 years ago. I also sent out formal invitations and indicated that while a gift wasn't required, if they wanted to go in on a group gift we were going to present my parent's with a travel gift certificate. They finally went away on their "Honeymoon" after 25 years. This weekend is their 30th anniversary and when my mom looked at like "What have I got planned" I told her that their big party 5yrs ago tapped me out and they were getting my love this year!

Q. What's your favourite holiday?
October 9th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Question: If you could have been any famous person of the past (any part of the past...it could range from someone who lived yesterday, or someone who lived 1000 years ago), who would you be?[/b]
I would have to say Susan B. Anthony. She did so much for womans rights and got us where we are today. My favorite quote: "Men their rights and nothing more; women their rights and nothing less". I would love to make that kind of a difference in so many lives.

Question:

What was the last movie you saw, the last book you read and the last song you heard?

October 10th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Q. What was the last movie you saw, the last book you read and the last song you heard?

Movie: We rented The Lost City with Andy Garcia, Dustin Hoffman and Bill Murray (set in Havana, Cuba during the revolution with Castro)

Book: The Second Time Around by Mary Higgins Clark

Song: Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order (I love 80's music!!!)

Q. Which do you prefer...classic movies or modern movies?
October 10th, 2006, 03:46 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Q. Which do you prefer...classic movies or modern movies?[/b]
Do I have to choose? I guess I would have to say modern if I have to choose - as I really love some foreign films, art films, documentaries & tehre aren't many "classics" like that. But I am a movie lover - so I love almost any genre'

Q. What would you change about your childhood if you could?

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

October 10th, 2006, 04:43 PM
*Firefly*'s Avatar Girlfriend and Blogger
Quote:
Q. What would you change about your childhood if you could?[/b]
The fact that I was such a serous child if I could go back and change something i would be more carefree and silly, I always acted older than I was.

What would you do if you won the lottery jackpot worth 70 million dollars?
But I’ll be born without a mask
~ Babel, Mumford & Sons

October 11th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Quote:
What would you do if you won the lottery jackpot worth 70 million dollars?[/b]
First, give at least 10% to church. Then pay off all our debt. Then quit work. Then share some with friends and family. Then do whatever we want, whenever we want. Travel, get into some philanthropic endeavors, volunteer, things like that.

If you could go see any sporting event in the world, what would you choose and why?
October 11th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Q. If you could go see any sporting event in the world, what would you choose and why?

A. I'd love to see a summer olympics opening and closing ceremonies, and any other water events (i.e. swimming, diving, relay swim, etc).

Q. Coffee or Tea???
October 12th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Q. Coffee or Tea???[/b]

Hmmmmmmm, Starbucks sells both don't they? I would have to say most of the time it would be tea, unless it's Starbucks and then I say coffee.

Question:

Which of the smiley emoticons best describes you, and which one do you wish you could be more like?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search