Lets get to know each other a little more..........

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Both of my playrooms are doing this right now as a way of learning more about each other and it's working quite well. There are a few new ladies here now and I thought it would be good for us to get to know each other. How it works is you ask a question and the next person to post answers the question and posts another question and so on. I hope no one minds me starting this.......

First question:

How did you meet your SO/DH?

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
September 17th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
How did you meet your SO/DH?[/b]
In my freshman year of college almost eight years ago, but I can't for the life of me remember how we actually met. I promise I was sober!

Need Breastfeeding Support?

September 17th, 2006, 08:36 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
How did you meet your SO/DH?[/b]
In my freshman year of college almost eight years ago, but I can't for the life of me remember how we actually met. I promise I was sober!
[/b][/quote]

Okay since Sara forgot to ask a question.... I will ask one....

How many hair colors have you had?

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

September 17th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
How many hair colors have you had?[/b]
I'm kinda boring, only 3. Blonde, brown and red. I honestly couldn't tell you what my natural color is now

What do you like on your pizza?

September 18th, 2006, 08:11 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awesome topic, Rhonda! Thanks for starting it.

My favorite pizza is pineapple, mandarin oranges, and cheddar cheese, with the regular sauce and mozzerella cheese. A local pizza place makes it and it's the BEST!

What's your favorite thing to shop for?
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 18th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh...that's a tough one. Home decor followed by a close 2nd of shoes and purses!

Q. If you could travel anywhere in the world...where would it be?
September 18th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Oh...that's a tough one. Home decor followed by a close 2nd of shoes and purses!

Q. If you could travel anywhere in the world...where would it be?[/b]

OMG Nicole, I love shoes!! My feet are 1/2 size bigger since being pg so I either have to get all new pairs or squeeze my tootsies into the old ones. Of course I'm getting new ones

We had planned to take a "Pub" tour of Ireland before Nicholas came along. I still want to do this, it's just going to be delayed for a few years. It's actually quite cool, you start in Dublin and tour across the country to the western coast and stay at different pubs along the way.

If you could choose any other profession besides the one you are doing now, what would it be?

September 18th, 2006, 01:41 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
If you could choose any other profession besides the one you are doing now, what would it be?[/b]
That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out! I like what I do, but I'm getting burned out. I'd love to be a SAHM, but that's not gonna happen unless we win the lottery, so...ideas anyone?

ETA: Oops, forgot my real question.

What is your favorite junk food (or foods)?
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 18th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I'd love to be a SAHM, but that's not gonna happen unless we win the lottery, so...ideas anyone?

ETA: Oops, forgot my real question.

What is your favorite junk food (or foods)?[/b]
I would so love to be a SAHM also. I missed out on so much with Brandon and I don't want to make that mistake with Nicholas.

So, I have to actually pick one that is my favorite? I have so many........Krispy Kreme doughnuts, Starbucks frapps, and Fritos with bean dip are at the top of my list but it's a reallllllly long list.

How did you find JM?

September 18th, 2006, 06:05 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I found JM when I was searching for a m/c board.

What is your favorite fast food restaurant?

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

September 18th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Quote:
I found JM when I was searching for a m/c board.[/b]
Me TOO!!! Well kind of - I was looking for support to TTC after mc.
Quote:
What is your favorite fast food restaurant?[/b]
I think Arby's...I really like the Chicken Cordon Bleu & Jamocha Shakes...

What is your very first memory that you know of?

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

September 18th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I think Arby's...I really like the Chicken Cordon Bleu & Jamocha Shakes...[/b]
have you ever had their chicken salad sandwich? I could eat them every day.

Quote:
What is your very first memory that you know of?[/b]
I know it sounds strange but I remember something from when I was just a few months old. Actually, the memory came to me in a dream, does that count? My brother Jeff comitted suicide in 1997. I hadn't spoken to him in 6 years because I had dis-owned him (he was a drug addict and a thief and I decided it was the best decision to make for my family). I didn't really grieve right away because I was still angry. The night before I had to go to CA to attend his funeral I had a dream that I was a baby in a baby seat and Jeff as he looked when he was 8 years old was standing over me with a smile on his face and he said,"You're my little sister and I love you". Needless to say I woke up crying for him and didn't stop for a week. I told my mother and she said she remembers him doing that one day when I was 4 months old and it stuck in her memory because she thought it was so sweet. I like to think it was a memory, but I guess it could have been a message.

What would be the first thing you would do if you hit the lottery?

September 19th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
What would be the first thing you would do if you hit the lottery?[/b]
Oh good question. QUIT my job!!! That way I could spend my time volunteering. I would buy a larger house, but not too much larger. Buy a new car (decently priced and nothing fancy). I would pay off my parent's & inlaws mrtgages. Travel the world. set up education funds for my niece & nephew, and one for our child to be. Make donations to various organizations that we support and invest.

Gee...can you tell I've given this some thought!

Q. What's the oddest thing to have ever happend to you and people have a hard time believing it?
September 19th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Q. What's the oddest thing to have ever happend to you and people have a hard time believing it?[/b]
I was robbed at knife point while working as a program coordinator in a bank. The guy actually grabbed me & spun me around so my back was to him & had the knife to my throat...it was pretty freaky & happened not in one of our big city branches....(as I often had to go to) but in a rinky dink small town...on a day with a TOTAL blizzard (schools were closed, etc). The only reason I was at that brach that day was the blizzard & they didn't want me to drive too far from home..LOL

That man is in prison today..this happened in 1998 - he was convicted in 1999 - he had to serve 4 yrs on other charges first & then was sentenced to minimum of 10 yrs for this robbery & no possibility of early parole...so he won't be out until 2013. Sometimes I think about visiting him in prison. Just can't ever quite sort out if I want to or not.

-------------------------------------

What is the one thing you have done, or thought, etc...and would NEVER tell Dh?

September 19th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
What is the one thing you have done, or thought, etc...and would NEVER tell Dh?[/b]
I won a pretty large amount of money last month (over $8000 in total) by gambling. I dont tell him when I win and I also dont tell him when I lose . I don't want to be dishonest with him so if I don't tell him I won then I don't have to lie to him about how much

What is your favorite season, (winter, spring, summer or fall) and why?

September 20th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rhonda that memory/dream you had is amazing!!!! And you crack me up at your winnings...I gotta know, so do you just keep it in cash and not deposit it anywhere? LOL!!

I love the winter because of both Christmas and my birthday are in that season I live in CA so we don't have a whole lot of season changes ehre so Winter is really the only time you get to wear your cute sweaters and stuff...I like the rain since it's so hot here most of the time...it feels good to cuddle up in. I love all the holiday decorations at the stores for Christmas and actually enjoy X-mas shopping, crowds pr not.

Q- What men are on your "list" ???(This is from a Friends episode: you can name 5 celebrities on your list that you are "allowed" to sleep with if you ever get the opportunity) LOL!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
September 20th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Rhonda that memory/dream you had is amazing!!!! And you crack me up at your winnings...I gotta know, so do you just keep it in cash and not deposit it anywhere? LOL!![/b]
My DH and I don't have a joint checking account so I can put my $ away without him knowing about it. It had been pretty much depleted since I was off work for 2 months but now I seem to be set

Quote:
Q- What men are on your "list" ???(This is from a Friends episode: you can name 5 celebrities on your list that you are "allowed" to sleep with if you ever get the opportunity) LOL![/b]
I don't really have a list because if I had the opportunity I'd just do it I think that little Mario Lopez is a pretty hot tamale. Of course Brad Pitt is definitely do-able. Christian Bale in his Batman costume (I'd make him wear it too!). I could round out my list with a couple of more mature guys, Kevin Spacey and Ed Harris.

Q-
In the event of a disaster, you have to evacuate your home. What items do you take with you?

September 21st, 2006, 06:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Q-
In the event of a disaster, you have to evacuate your home. What items do you take with you?[/b]
After making sure that DH, and our furbabies are safe I would hope to save our computer, photos, and if it's in the middle of the night I would try to save my wedding band and my engagement ring since I don't sleep with them on. The rest is just stuff that can be replaced but the other items mean a lot to me and our computer has so much data and personal info I'm lost without it (i.e. addresses, photos, etc.).

Q. Read the book or see the movie? Which do you prefer to do first?
September 21st, 2006, 09:38 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I don't really have a list because if I had the opportunity I'd just do it I think that little Mario Lopez is a pretty hot tamale. Of course Brad Pitt is definitely do-able. Christian Bale in his Batman costume (I'd make him wear it too!). I could round out my list with a couple of more mature guys, Kevin Spacey and Ed Harris.[/b]
Rhonda you crack me up!! Mario Lopez is a hottie I must agree...

I prefer to read the book first. Reason being is that I like to create my own inmages in my head of the character's a scenary...if I see the movie first then I'm biased and start seeing things in the bookas the producer of the movie portrayed it. It's also fun after reading the book to see if the producer/director have the same visions as you do of the characters and also to see what they pull out of the book in order to give a true sense of the story.

If you could have plastic surgery for free would you get it and where?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search