Hello~

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I read that somewhere about baby boys too.....

I am scared..Now I am starting to worry..before I got pregnant my last 2 periods were really light..only lasting about a day...I told my doctor this and he said consider yourself lucky..I am not bleeding much either since I passed everything Monday night..should I be bleeding more?? I have hardly any blood coming out..mainly little clots and a little brown blood ....The doctor told me as soon as the blood stops start taking a baby aspirin a day. I wonder if that will help with my periods...I guess I am just rambling..Thanks to anyone that has read this far..

~L

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

~~Lisa~~(40) Mommy to Jenna Justine 20 years old and Peyton Keely Born December 28th,2007
September 20th, 2006, 10:21 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
From my first m/c and what I've read about some others' experiences, once you've passed everything, the bleeding subsides fairly quickly, though everyone is different. If you haven't already, you might check out the natural m/c subforum. There are lots of descriptions of what different women have experienced. That might help.

I can't take aspirin, so I'm no help for you on that question. Sorry.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 20th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lisa,
i don't like you're dr's answer 'consider yourself lucky"...are you able to see another OB for a second opinion? A one day light AF doens't seem ok to me...I'm no Dr but we women sometimes have a better sense of our bodies then they do. don't let them brush you off. You deserve real answers...

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
September 20th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had one light one like that right after my first mc, but I never told the doctor, so I don't know if that's considered normal or not. I am taking a baby aspirin now too, but I started it the month I got pg, so I never had an af with it.

Sorry I can't be of any help, but I hope you get some answers from your doc (or a new doc), and that someone here can help you out.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

September 21st, 2006, 06:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It can vary. With my 3rd m/c it was natural and I started out spotting for half a day and then it got really heavy for a few days and then it stopped. I was fine for about a week and then I spotted for 3 weeks. Some women don't have a lot of bleeding and some women have lots of bleeding. There's no realy clear cut answer. I agree with the ladies though...I would get a 2nd opinion.

As for the baby aspirin, I've been taking it daily now for 5 weeks and I had my 1st AF after my m/c while I was taking it. I didn't really noticed a difference in flow but I did notice less blood clots. AF lasted the same amount of time (around 4 days) but nothing else stood out.
September 21st, 2006, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Did you doctor tell you to take the aspirin? When will you stop taking it? Do you have a blood clotting issue? Will they put you on a RX for blood clotting when you get pregnant again??

Sorry for all the questions LOL!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

~~Lisa~~(40) Mommy to Jenna Justine 20 years old and Peyton Keely Born December 28th,2007
September 21st, 2006, 01:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't apologize for the questions...that's what we're here for!

My RE suggested that I start taking it. So the day after all of my blood work I started it (I didn't want it to affect any results). As for stopping it...don't think I will until I'm told to. I do know that when your pg they suggest you stop all blood thining treatment a few weeks prior to your DD to reduce the risk of bleeding.

I get my test results next Monday and there's a chance that I have a blood clotting disorder and if that's the case I'll stay on the LD aspirin and might possibly need to be on a daily shot like heprin once I get pg again, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

My RE said that it can't do any harm and I've already seen good results in the sense that my blood pressure is normal again (I suffer from "white coat" syndrome when my blood pressure is taken), I had no clots during AF last month, and I no longer have pins & needles in my arms and legs.

ETA: I can't spell or type to save my life today!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search