It's UPDATE time!

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2006, 02:23 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's been a while since we had a thread for everyone to provide updates, so now's your chance! Let us know what's going well and what you're struggling with. Anything goes, whether related to your losses or not, we want to know how you're doing.

--------------------------------------------------------

Things are going pretty well for me right now, overall. I'm 11 weeks pg after two losses this year and this one is working so far. Doc's keeping a close eye on me and I pray a lot. DH is getting kind of moody (very PMS), but it's probably because he's not getting as much as he'd like. I do what I can when I have the energy, but that's less then he'd like and it makes him cranky.

DS started kindergarten and thinks he's big stuff. He's learning to read and gets to sit next to his favorite girl from pre-K. My Avon business is picking up, which will help with Christmas. We got our second car paid off and now spend that money fixing mine. So far we've replaced the A/C and the radiator. Hoping that's all for a while.

Our little kitty (OK, he's like 9 pounds but hasn't had a birthday yet) is adjusting to life without Kirby. Now he's my little orange shadow from the time I get home till bedtime. Then he sleeps with DS and greets me when I get up in the morning to be my shadow until I leave for work. If he's really feeling neglected, he'll run ahead, get up on the furniture and jump into my arms as I walk by.

I guess that's about it for me (as everyone cheers - yay she finally quit typing/talking!).
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 21st, 2006, 03:23 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not a whole lot to report here. Everything with the pg seems to be going fine - although I am sooooo tired I am seldom here. I have another EDD next month & strangely I am feeling sad about it already. I think being pg for me has made it almost harder - as I think I should be delivering next month - and nothing fixes that.

My niece has been staying here (thus why I have been more absent this week). On a good note - I didn't have to go on the road this week so I have been home, but have been so tired we haven't spent nearly the time to gether I would have liked to. Because of my commute & long hours I am gone 12 hrs a day even without being on the road - so it's not much better...and I am exhausted when I get hoem - so things around here are piling up pretty bad. She is doing well though. He stitches are all out - scar is starting to really improve & she is eating very well & getting around quite well & completely off the pain meds. I am actually incredibly proud of her.

I guess that is all I have that's of any interest right now.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

September 21st, 2006, 10:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Things have been going pretty well for me. Lately I haven't found a lot to be unhappy about. I had a rough month of August and I'm glad that September has been so much better. We still miss Boomer every day. Each morning we say hi to him and tell him how much we miss him. We sent his stuffed toys to the creamatory with him so that they would always be with him but we couldn't find one, his first one we ever bought for him. It was a little red stuffed dog with a sqeeker inside, but the squeeker stopped working about 5 years ago. The day we brought him home for good, we found the puppy and placed it next to his urn. The other day Nicholas and I were saying good morning and Nicholas reached towards the red dog. He had never really reached for anything ever before, that was something new for him. I washed the dog and gave it to Nicholas and believe it or not, the squeeker works now. He lays in his bed and plays with it and talks to it and it squeeks for him. It makes me happy.
My DS Brandon just got a new job and is excited to start that because it pays $2 and hour more than he's making now. He's a Senior this year and can't wait to graduate.
I'm healing pretty well from my D&C to remove the retained placenta, but I still haven't had AF. The last time I had AF was September 27, 2005 can you believe that!
DH and I have decided we might want to try to have another baby before I turn 40. I'm glad it's not before he turns 40 (next July). I think I could handle one more pg, but I don't know if I could handle one more m/c and it's never a guarantee so I'm still not so sure. I don't have a problem getting pg, fertility is not an issue, it's just carrying a baby to term. Then I get scared about the "advanced maternal age" issue. There are so many things that can go wrong just because of my age I don't know if I want to push my luck.
That's it for me (I'm sure you're all thinking "Thank God"!)

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
September 22nd, 2006, 05:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Things have been steady for me lately. We are impatiently waiting to schedule the next step of the adoption process. The wait is killing me, but it is necessary. DH is dragging his feet on completing his autobiography and is starting to make me angry. I can only nag him so much! LOL

I go in next week to have my 4 month routine pap to make sure that my cancer has not returned. I'm not feeling really confident. I've been crampy and have been feeling pully in the are of my cervix. I've also been having some wierd cm (sorry tmi). If, in deed, the cancer is back, we will schedule a hysterectomy. Part of me wishes they would just do it, so that I don't have to worry about the cancer any more!

that's about it.

September 22nd, 2006, 07:17 AM
candacesoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's hard to say how I am right now. I've definitely been down lately. I mean the kind of down where you don't even take a shower for 3 days in a row. I'd have stayed in bed those days if I had the choice, too. But, I'm trying to drag myself out of that pit again. I DID shower the last two days! LOL And I put on decent clothes and make-up.

Tomorrow is Delaney's due date and I still haven't let myself dwell on that. I feel an overwhelming need to do "something" to honor him tomorrow but I don't know what.

The chemical pregnancy I had this month really knocked me for a loop. Talk about an emotional roller coaster. The joy and terror of seeing a BFP and then the devastation of shortly knowing it wasn't going to happen...no matter how badly I wanted it too. I think one of the hardest things was that I could feel that I was pregnant. Not phantom symptoms this time...real pregnancy symptoms.

I can say that I'm feeling a little better and I haven't given up hope yet. (About TTC or anything else in my life.)

Love,

September 22nd, 2006, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's been a tough month emotionally. My job is getting unbearable and the new President is horrible. We're a consulting firm and clients pay around $2000/day for us to come in an help with their management issues. Do you think we can practice what we preach???

I had a job interview this week and I would LOVE to get the job. It's got great benefits, a flexible schedule, and starts with 3 weeks of paid vacation in the 1st year. I did my best in the interview and now it's out of my hands. I'm working on my trust issues and putting my faith in God.

I find that things always get worse before they get better, and in life I can't expect to live on the mountain top. It's in the valley that we do our most growing and where the most life is found.

Last week I finished my Investigative Cycle with the RE and all of my tests were finished. This Monday at 2:30pm DH & I go for our Results Appointment where we find out what's going on. I can't believe I'm typing this...but I'm actually looking forward to seeing the doctor and finding out what's caused the 3 m/c this past year. I feel like I might get some closure. If we're healthy and have no issues, then I'm okay with that too. At least we'll know what we're dealing with.

That's me in a nut shell this week.
September 22nd, 2006, 02:09 PM
Running Queen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm kind of new here but I wanted to post.

I m/c for the second time this past Sunday. The bleeding is really slowing down (thank goodness). With my first m/c I bleed for at least a week and a half and it was heavy. So I'm grateful for the decrease of bleeding. I have an appointment with my OB/GYN October 9 and I'm really excited to talk about my options from here.

It's been really cold here so I've been trying to stay warm! I miss the summer already...dang, do I really have to wait another 9 months for it to return? Oh well...

I'm a big runner so I've been running everyday to keep my mind off things. I started crying today as I running down a beautiful trail with trees around me...I thought about my m/c and I felt sad. I'm glad there was no one around or else they probably would have thought I was in physical pain or something from running! I'm grateful for the peace I've felt this time around.

Ok, I'm done now. Thanks for reading ladies...

Jen
September 22nd, 2006, 04:39 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love these threads...I really enjoy getting updated on everyone. Kathryn and Rhonda I was not at all tired when I read your posts...instead quite the contrary!
Kathryn-I totally laughed at picturing the sight of your baby kitten jumping into your arms as you walk by! They are so silly those cats! This morning I gave Bailey a bath. SOmetimes he's cool with it but this morning you would have thought I was butchering him with a machete...seriously I have never heard a cat scream meow so loud in my life! LOL!
Rhonda, you are so connected in lifeand love that I swear so many miracles happen all around you...that sqeek toy working for Nicolas totally hade me in tears...Boomer is so with you you all...what an angel!
Mlgteach-I pray that the cancer has not returned and that you are healed soon. I also wish you all the best in adopting next year. What a beautiful and amzing gift to share with a child...your family becoming his/her own!
Nykol-I will pray that if this job is where you are suppose to be that it comes to flourishen for you soon. I am looking forward to your dr's appt on Monday too...please let us know what happens!
Running Queen-I have cried while running many a time...running is a freeing experience. When I was in better cardio health (I just started running again this week after being lazy for a month or so) it was so easy to start crying...I think it has to do with the quiet...it's just me and my thoughts and feelings...
So as for me...well I really want to get pg again. I found out last night an 8th person I know is pregnant. She's in our fellowship group so i will be seeing her every week. She's a sweet girl, totally deserves motherhood...yet there's me with my grief ya know?
So I had what i thought was a really light AF and according to past cycles should be Oing tomorrow or Sunday...we will see...my strips as of yesterday haven't indicated anything and today I ran out of the house w/o one to take at lunch time.
Escrow on our new home is suppose to close next Friday and we'll be moving probably the weekend after because I want to paint the interior of the house (well hire someone), clean it really good, and get the carpets shampooed. I'm excited t0o start decorating.
The new job is going well. However I had done the testing process for the corrections dept months ago and they just sent me a letter for an interview in 2 weeks. I'm gonna go ahead and go to the interview just to see what it's like. I have this strange fascination with the criminal mind and kinda always wanted to do forensic therapy so I can't pass up at least looking into it ya know what I mean?
Well I guess that's all the update for now. Take care everyone, I pray for you every night!
Love,

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
September 24th, 2006, 11:28 AM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I have been thinking about death lately...mainly my own....NOT that I am suicidal, NO, I WANT to live...but something deep inside me is just terrified that my time here is short.....

My SIL has told me to go to a cardiologist to get an ultrasound done on my heart, but I am just too terrified to do it...I am scared that they are going to rush me into open heart surgery that day.....

I had a dream last night, but I can't remember what it was....I just remember it was so soooo sad, but also really really "relieving" and "beautiful beyond words".....I dunno....It's so weird because I can't quite remember it....

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of sleep, because I have "forgotten" to breathe....I wake up gasping for air....Scary.

Jude's due date is in 5.5 weeks, so hopefully all of this is just due to anxiety?

I dropped one of my classes this week, because, I suck at Algebra (I had taken it 3 times in high school and failed miserably all three times, but my third time around the teacher felt bad for me and gave me a passing grade of "D-")....I was really good at Geometry....Of course, that isn't one of my requirements that I have to meet for my nursing program....Yea, and to think that just last spring, I could've gotten into the program WITHOUT this new Algebra requirement.

On the bright side, I had 2 tests this week and "A"-ced both of them...(to one of my teachers dismay He just assumes that I am stupid because I am a young mother of 3).

So that is my update.[/b]
Cece- I think you really should see a Dr about your symptoms hun. Most likely they are truly anxiety - with everything you have been through & if by some chance it is your heart - denying it is the worst thing you can do sweetie. It is always better to know when it comes to your health. It is your best chance at maintaining health for as long as possible. As far as waking up forgetting to breathe - that could be apnea - but I do that sometimes & when upset I seem to do it more often - I think that may be an anxiety reflex as well.

Good job on the tests you Aced & don't sweat the Algebra - it wasn't my strong area either by any stretch.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

September 25th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
As far as waking up forgetting to breathe - that could be apnea - but I do that sometimes & when upset I seem to do it more often - I think that may be an anxiety reflex as well.[/b]
Thanks Beckie...That makes me feel a little bit better knowing that I am not the only one who has ever experienced this....It really scares me....But I feel a little more relieved knowing that it could be just anxiety induced.

I am gonna see if I can find the strength to go and make the appointment for the heart ultrasound.....:::shivers:::
[/b][/quote]

Cece- I agree with BEck it is most likely anxiety but best to see a dr just in case. I use to have really bad attacks like that when I was 18-21 ish and had every test under the sun performed to rule out it being my heart. I had a slight murmer so they wanted to make sure that wasn't it. It wasn't...anxiety attacks can mimic heartattacks...a few key symptoms to look for is pain in the arm. If you don't have that it's most likely anxiety...
At 21 I started getting them under control. i remember having a really bad one at 22 but it only happened once. I have this little approach I use that helps me calm down. It relaly helps to feel in control of these things...and you can control it. Just believe in yourself. For me it's little "pep talks" that help me ...positive self talk where I tell myself I am ok, everything is ok, and worrying or allowing myself to get worked up will nto solve the problem...i tell myself I can get through this without having an anxiety attack., That with deep breathing and drinking some water usually curbs it. I ahve to catch them really early on though or sometimes it's too late in the attack to stop it. You'll start to notice how your body responds and should be able to pick up on those primary signals.
So go to the Dr and have your heart checked just to be on the safe side. In the meantime try a few of these techniques to see if they help at all. The key is to develop confidence that you can handle this...you are capable...it's like shooing the negativity out of your energy.
Take care.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
September 25th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
We're a consulting firm and clients pay around $2000/day for us to come in an help with their management issues. Do you think we can practice what we preach???[/b]
LMAO! I'm sorry your job is so horrible, but I have always wondered that about those types of firms.

I'm doing okay. I've starting telling close friends and family that there is no guarantee on my mental health. I think I'm probably a lot worse off than everyone IRL assumes, but on the other hand, I'm actually probably better than I have been in awhile. I keep thinking I should go see a therapist, because it would probably help, but I've been too lazy to take that first step.
I think a lot of my problem right now is that I feel like everyone IRL thinks I must be fine because I am pg again, but really I'm still having quite a lot of grief from my losses, ad I spend more of my time being anxious about being pg or trying to ignore it than actually being excited. I think I'll get to a point when I feel better, and things have been getting better, but I'm not there yet.
Sorry to be such a downer. I really should stress again that things are improving. It's just taking awhile.

Need Breastfeeding Support?

September 25th, 2006, 07:02 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I spend more of my time being anxious about being pg or trying to ignore it than actually being excited. I think I'll get to a point when I feel better, and things have been getting better, but I'm not there yet.[/b]
I know just how you feel. I tell DH almost every day that I am worried. I thought that I would feel much better after I had an u/s that showed a baby with a h/b. I got that u/s and it didn't make me feel much better at all. DH was completely relieved and isn't worried at all, but I just can't shake that feeling that something will go wrong. I think I am afraid to be excited because I am afraid that the moment I get excited will be the moment that something will go wrong. It sometimes seems like this p/g is taking over my life. If I think about what has happened in my life in the past month, I can't really think of anything (except DS's second birthday). Maybe that is how it would have been anyway, since life seems to be moving so quickly, I don't know.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

September 25th, 2006, 07:29 PM
EricaInOhio's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to EricaInOhio
I guess for an update on me you can check out my ever growing thread on the TTC after recurrent loss forum. Not sure why I put it there as TTc is going to be out of the question for a while I'm afraid. I'm experiencing horrible bleeding and contraction-like cramps and if the Provera I'm on now doesn't fix it in 5 days I'll be going back for another D&C. Emotionally I'm a wreck. I feel so helpless. I wonder if I'll ever be able to go about daily life again let alone TTC. I won't bore you here, but that's the summary.

mommie of 3 you might want to read up on Mitral Valve prolapse. I have a MVP and it can cause chest pain, a feeling like you can't breath and heart palpatations. Depending on how disfunctional the vale is in a MVP can be serious or not serious at all. In my case, the only thing I have to watch out for is that if it prolapses as I stand up i can will pass out. I'm not at any increased risk of heart attack. Either way you should see a doctor.

Are you aware of the benefits of babywearing? Visit me at www.carrymemama.com to learn more. "BABIES, BORN TO BE WORN!"

Part time Micro prof., full-time breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing WAHM of 2.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search