RE appointment update

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well...after weeks of waiting and hoping, the day finally arrived. I've got mixed feelings about it and missing a lot of results still. It turns out that the nurse forgot to tell me that I was supposed to have an Endometrial Biopsy and a 3D U/S on CD21 so not only am I not done with testing, but we can't TTC this month. So because the dr was missing this info she didn't want to give any info on the proposed moving forward strategy.

So I'll break up the results that I did get into good news and bad news.

Good News:
- my blood tests ALL came back normal. So there's no blood clotting issues, my thyroid is fine, my hormone levels are fine, and my prolatin levels are fine
- my body O'd on CD 14 and AF showed up 14 days later so I had a 28 day cycle
- they did daily u/s and checked the blood supply to my uterus and it was good
- DH's blood tests all came back normal

Bad News:
- my estrogen levels were a little low so it could impact my egg quality but I'm stil O'ing and it can be helped with Clomid (my levels were around 650 and she likes to see them around 800 so they weren't way off)
- DH's SA revealed that while his sperm count and motility was great and above average, his morphology is only 13% (morphology is the shape of the sperm (i.e. bent tail, double head, etc) and they lilke to see it at least 20%)

So on Oct 16 I have my Endo Biopsy and 3D U/S and DH has to do another SA before then and we'll get all of the "official" results that day as well. I'm thinking I'll have to go on Clomid and we'll have to do IUI so they can seperate DH's good sperm from the abnormal ones. I don't know much about male fertility so I don't know if they can cause m/c. We don't have our chromosone results back yet so we're still waiting on that too.

The RE was glad to find the scar tissue and once again confirmed that was most likely the cause of the 3rd m/c but we still don't know about the 1st 2 losses. So I guess our story has turned into a saga and...

To Be Continued...
September 26th, 2006, 10:01 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll start by saying that every saga I've ever watched had a good ending, so continuing to keep you in my prayers.

That really bites that the nurse messed up. Hopefully this will give all the other results time to come in, though I know you hate having to wait another cycle to start ttc. I'm very glad that you had so much good news! And it sounds like they can deal with the not so good news bits, which in itself is a good thing.

You're a strong woman and you can get through this. You've got tons of support here so lean on us when you need to.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 26th, 2006, 11:28 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yuck, trust me I know how much the waiting sucks. But on getting SOME anwers! I know this months seems like it will be terribly long, but just think, after that you can try again and know you'll be TTCing armed with knowledge. I'm praying for you Nykoal...

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
September 26th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Can't they just give you estrogen?

How come you had to take baby aspirin if you have no blood clotting issues?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

~~Lisa~~(40) Mommy to Jenna Justine 20 years old and Peyton Keely Born December 28th,2007
September 26th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nykol,
i am so proud of you! You are doing so well and keeping such a positve outlook. I admire your strength immensely!
As for DH's sperm...yes indeed sperm abnormalties can cause m/c...but typically an abnormal sperm usually doesn't fertilize the egg because a stronger, healthier one gets there first...however it can happen. We had to look into DH's sperm closely because of his hx of chemo and bone marrow transplant. i was so scared all his sperm was jacked up but thankfully since sperm regenerates all the time, his is VERy low but not too bad in terms of health. they usually count about half of whatever # he has as healthy.
I am sorry the nurse set you back a month in ttc again but I am glad you are getting such a wonderful throuogh work up.
Please continue to keep us updated. You are in my prayers always.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
September 27th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
As always...thanks for the support. DH & I were really bummed out on Monday (DH's ego is a little bruised, but I kindly told him to suck it up and deal with it...it's not the end of the world and such an easy thing to over come). Heck...we can get pg easily enough, and the other numbers were so good and I know that sperm regenerates every 3 months so we'll be just fine. I'm more so disappointed that we've lost a TTC month and I have to go for 2 more invasive procedures. I feel like a cirrus freak show and like I should be charging admission!

As for your questions Lisa...

Clomid is given to those with low estrogen when they are TTC, while estrogen therapy is normally given to those who are menopausal. The med works by tricking your body into thinking that it's not producing enough estrogen so the hypothalamus is tricked and tells the ovary producing the follicle to keep working at making estrogen. That's why you're usually only on it from CD3-7 or CD5-9. Since I produce estrogen and my ovaries are in good shape, I don't have a deficiency perday, butI'm just a little low and my body needs a bit of a boost. She said that low estogen can impact egg quality.

As for the baby aspirin...there's many views on aspirin therapy and some studies have shown that it helps with unexplained recurrent m/c, helps to make the lining of the uterus thicker and better for implantation, and eliminates potential blood clots that can occur without warning (even if you don't have a blood clotting issue). My RE said it doesn't hurt and it's helped with my blood pressure so continue with it.
September 27th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Interesting stuff

Thank you *Kiliki* for my awesome siggy!

~~Lisa~~(40) Mommy to Jenna Justine 20 years old and Peyton Keely Born December 28th,2007
September 27th, 2006, 03:35 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nicole - can you copy & paste your clomid/aspirin info into the testing stickie? I think it's great info...

On the actual topic - I am glad you got soem answers & sorry your nurse screwed up. It stinks to be stuck waiting again - and I wish I had some great thing to say about it - but it just stinks. Ther eisn't much you can do but wait & I am sure when you have that healthy pg - the wait will seem so small compared to everything else you went through to get there - that it really won't matter. <<< okay - I guess that was best "cheery" line on waiting.

Love ya girl - hang in there! It wil all be worth it in the end...I swear! (at least that's what I tell myself).

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search