Endometrial Biopsy

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Regular
I am going for one on Saturday morning? Has anyone had this before. If so what was it like. What was it like after?

Thanks

Marsha
September 28th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had one 6 years ago and I have another one on Oct 16. I would HIGHLY recommend that you take a couple of Advil 2 hours before the appointment and 2 Extra Strength Tylenol 30 minutes before your appointment. That's what my RE suggested and I was soooo thankful for the heads up.

I didn't find it too bad. I'm glad I took the meds though. It felt like an ackward pap. They use a speculim and open your cervix and insert something so they can get a sample of your uterus lining. They was some cramping (like AF cramps) for a few minutes and then it was all done. I spotted a bit that day but that was it and I felt fine. I took the day off work because I wasn't sure how I would feel after, so I indulged in shopping therapy.

Good luck on Saturday.
September 28th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Super Mommy
I'm really not trying to scare you at all.

I seriously recommend taking some sort of pain medication before you go in there. I had an EB and I'm not really sure what my doctor did up there, but it was awful. They had to give me fruit juice and make me lie down after because I was really light headed and nauseous. The nurse made fun of me.

When I sat up on the table blood poured out everywhere. I bled through my pad and my jeans before I got home. I cramped pretty bad the rest of the day and bled for about a week after.

No one gave me the heads up about the meds. I had no idea. The doc said I probably wouldn't feel a thing. I'm probably just an odd case.

And, of course, the test came back normal.
September 29th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Rylee'sMommy03's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Rylee'sMommy03
I just had one last month and I'm having another one next Tuesday. Take a couple of Motrin and you should be fine. I took an anaprox, so if you can get some of that, do. It was nothing. It was a little uncomfortable, but it didn't hurt at all. I was holding my husbands hand and taking a deep breath and clenching down to get ready for it, and my doctor asked what I'd say if he said that he was done. It was a breeze, and I didn't feel a thing. Good luck sweetie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search