A secret about me...

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2006, 09:55 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Another get to know you kind of game, just for something fun to do.

I used to be a competitive figure skater. Not only do I know what a double salchow (sounds like sow-cow) is, I used to be able to do one!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
October 3rd, 2006, 12:54 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was in the USAF and learned Korean.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

October 3rd, 2006, 01:25 PM
Cool, Laura!
October 3rd, 2006, 02:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
In May 1996 I went to England for a month by myself, after my first year of university, and travelled around.

That's so cool that you were a figure skater Kathryn!
October 3rd, 2006, 07:54 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fun idea!

Hmmm...ok I use to be a cheerleader for the Angels (professional baseball) and for the Mighty Ducks (Professional hockey...and it required skating although i know I was not half as good as you Kathryn!)... I also made it to the final cut of Laker girl try outs but didn't make it (from 750 girls down to the last 50)

Now I'm too old although I was watching the Dallas Cowboy cheerleader try outs on the country music channel on Friday and told Dh "I want to do that!!!"...LOL!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
October 4th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Wow! I'd never have known about everyone's cool adventures if I hadn't asked.

Nykoal - I'm jealous that you got to spend a month in England! I got to play college soccer there for two weeks before my first year of college, but didn't just get to wander a whole lot. It's so beautiful over there.

Norina - WOW! That's way cool. I tried the cheerleader thing one basketball season at college and let's just say it wasn't my thing! I'm way impressed!
October 4th, 2006, 07:22 AM
Mari13007's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
While I was in college I was enrolled in a NROTC program and was training to become a Marine Corp Officer. I got to do some fun things during my summer training sessions. For one of my summer sessions I spent a full month on board an amphibious ship, we went from San Diego to Portland, Oregon, had an admirals reception there, came back down and did some amphib training with marines off the shores of California that were on board the ship at the time. It was super fun having fun in the mud lol but unfortunately for medical reasons I was not able to proceed with the program but it oks. I can only imagine what my life would have been like if I stayed and continued.

My BFP Chart[/url]
October 4th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Running Queen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love getting to know everyone! You ladies are so cool...

I ran cross country and track for the University of Utah. Last weekend while in California I sat arcoss the seat from the Goo Goo Dolls (the band) at the airport...it was awesome!

I have a sister who is mentally handicapped and I love her more than my own life. She keeps me humble/sane.

Jen
October 4th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Veteran
Jen, you're so lucky! I love the Goo Goo Dolls Lol I'd marry John if he wasn't several times my age...

As for me... I'm not all that exciting. I can't think of anything at the moment, but I'll get back to you!
October 4th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, let's see... I once won an award in high school for weightlifting. I wasn't particularly good, but there weren't all that many girls to choose from and they had to pick a girl and a boy. My mom was always totally pissed that I never won anything academic, but I think that award probably helped me get into college just as much, since it was just so random. I don't look the type at all (I'm 5'5", and pre-pg I weighted about 130lbs).

Need Breastfeeding Support?

October 4th, 2006, 07:29 PM
EricaInOhio's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to EricaInOhio
Unfortunately I don't have anything very cool to share since I've been doing nothing except college since 1998. I think most people know I'm a graduate student and should (if the experiments get done) graduate with a Ph.D. in biomedical science in the spring. What you may not know is that I have a B.S. in microbiology, I have studied a virus called Cytomegalvirus (CMV) and I am currently studying how the DNA protein complex that make up our chromosomes is assembled using a yeast model. So I can grow human cells, clone genes in bacterial and alter the yeast genome and lots of other weird things like that (belive me it is nothing like on TV, much less exciting). It all really just boild down to the fact that I'm a Science Geek. I wish I had something cooler to share like the rest of you.

Oh, and I am obcessed with babywearing (but you already know that from my sig).

Are you aware of the benefits of babywearing? Visit me at www.carrymemama.com to learn more. "BABIES, BORN TO BE WORN!"

Part time Micro prof., full-time breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing WAHM of 2.
October 11th, 2006, 11:35 AM
OK, I know there are more women on our board, so quit being shy and tell us something about you! I love hearing what everyone has done, I guess because we're such good friends even though we're also so very different.
October 11th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love how everybody is sooo different and LOVE hearing about all the neat things.

Erica....you're a brainiac!!! WOW!!!

Sara...weightlifting!!! Wow...so many females are intimidating by trying to venture into that area, but that's impressive!

Jen...that's neat that you got to see a famous band. I've yet to add that to my list of things in life.

Norina...WOW! That's amazing
October 11th, 2006, 08:23 PM
MrsMandy
I know i don't post here often, i can leave if you want.

The only thing that pops into my mind right now is when i met the Backstreet Boys right before they got huge. I have all kinds of crazy pictures with them. I know... lame.
October 12th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I bought my 17 year old a tattoo for his birthday. I figured I had them so if he wanted one then what was I going to say. He got a dragon on his left shoulder. Dragon is his Chinese birth sign and it's really a cool tattoo. I personally have 2. One on my lower back of dolphins swimming around a yin yang sign and it's in really cool turquoise and black. Then one on my back on the left side by the shoulder of a sun with my boys' initials in the design and the words "You are my sunshine over it because that is what I sang to both of my babies.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
October 13th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Awww.....I sing a "personalized" version of you are my sunshine to each one of my babies (sometimes the original too)...

You are my "devi", my only "devi"
You make me happy, when skies are gray...
You'll never know just how much I love you,
Oh please don't take, my "devi" away....
You are my way.

^For my middle baby

Then "fatta" with my oldest and "mama's girl" with my youngest.

So sweet...brings tears to my eyes...(I'm such a wuss!).[/b]
It's such a sweet song to sing to babies. I sang it to my 17 year old when he was a baby and then I sing it now to Nicholas. A couple of months ago I walked by the baby room and my 17 year old was rocking his brother and singing it to him and I started crying.

visit my blog Rhondas random thoughts
October 14th, 2006, 12:38 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wanted to answer this for a while, but wasn't sure even what you all don't know about me already.....

I was once our local festival queen (which is WAY not like me) - I have my nose pierced - I have always been a bit unpredicatable, I was voted most unique in my senior class & yet I was on pom-pom & homecoming court and my high school boyfriend was a total hard core skater & expelled the last 2 years . I someday plan to run for city council & eventually the mayor. I am also working on doing some paintings about loss - and working to get a showing.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

October 16th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Well, Beckie, I definitely didn't know any of that about you! Very cool. We have such an interesting group on here!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search