Back from my new doctor's appointment

Forum: Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Recurrent Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Running Queen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So...after a year of not being happy with my OB/GYN, I went to see a new doctor this morning to discuss my m/c's and options.

First of all...he's pretty cute (yes, I'm married but I can still look ) and he was totally sensitive to my feelings/losses. He first told me how sorry he was for me. Then we started talking about my medical history with TTC, m/c, Clomid, progesterone, etc. He said that he wanted me to try to get pregnant naturally for the next three months and if nothing happens, then we'll try the Clomid again. He said that with Clomid it makes the lining of your uterus thinner and thinner as you use it month after month and that can cause m/c. Since our main goal is to not m/c anymore, he thought it'd be a good idea to track my ovulation with OPK's and BBT's and try to get preggo that way (since I have gotten pregnant on my own last year without Clomid).

He also said that if I do get pregnant that he wants me to take progesterone asap. He thinks it will help (or just help me not be so nervous). I am also taking a baby aspirin because he said it won't hurt and could help. He also had me take a HPT and it was negative so all the HCG is out of my body.

Finally, he did three bloodwork tests: He is checking my thyroid, blood clotting and immune disorders (the ones that could attack the baby). I'll have the results on Wednesday or Thursday. So I guess we'll go from there. If all my tests are ok then we'll probably get DH's "boys" checked out in December along with a uterus scan (the one with the dye).

Oh....and I took an OPK today...It's finally POSITIVE! So, if I don't reply to any posts, you know I'll be busy ...Thanks for listening girls!!!

Jen
October 9th, 2006, 12:27 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so happy for you that you've found a doc you like! Sounds like he's got a good plan in mind for you and is doing all he can to help you have a successful pg. That's got to be a relief for you! Please keep us posted on your test results.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
October 9th, 2006, 04:30 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad you had a good appt. It makes ALL the difference in the world to have confidence in your Dr & feel comfortable with them. It's amazing how hard that is to find. I wish you all kinds of good luck tonight & I hope I don't see you on here posting later or I'll have to kick your butt!

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

October 11th, 2006, 11:13 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, since you're officially TTC, make sure you join our subforum! Norina and Candace and several other familiar faces are up there waiting for you.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
October 11th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad things are starting to sound positive. Good luck with the next few months hun! Hope to see you in the TTC portion of this board.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search