Johns Hopkins delivery

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Veteran
I am JUST starting to look at my birthing options. If I were to go with the "best hospital" around my area, it would be johns hopkins. Does anyone have any expererience with their l&d?
May 7th, 2008, 10:29 AM
noworries
Sorry, I don't have any experience there. Hope someone is able to answer. Just wanted to wish you success.
May 7th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Alyssa3857
I don't have experience with them, but beginner-mom in the May DDC delivered there (just yesterday or today I believe). Hope that helps.

May 7th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Mirandabelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Mirandabelle
Alyssa got in first! I was about to let you know a MayDDC mommy has just had a baby arrive at JH, from the sound of it her care and experience were fantastic.

May 8th, 2008, 12:03 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I hope you get to connect with someone directly to answer some of your questions. Another thing to do is research their stats regarding C-Sections, Episiotomy etc.

I wonder if maybe you can go to the northeast mommies board and ask there?

If you are looking for a med free birth, you might want to consider a smaller more natural birth friendly place, which is what I went for. It was still a hospital, but much quieter and flexible regarding what I could and could not do during labor. They let you walk around and that kind of thing. I chose that over a local hospital with the highest level neo-natal unit, with terrible reviews regarding their one on one interaction with moms and friendliness towards med free birth.

Just a thought though. Everyone's comfort level is different. I wasn't afraid of things going wrong the way some people are.
May 10th, 2008, 02:03 PM
audreyburn06's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to audreyburn06
Do you mean Bayview? That is where I'm supposed to deliver - and I am fairly new to the area, so I don't have any connection to my doctors, so that made me a little nervous (AND, I thought that it would be one of 4 or 5 docs from the practice I go to, but I just learned that there are others, so it will be one of 11 or so!!) HOWEVER, they are a high-risk hospital, so I guess I feel like god forbid something go wrong, I would be in good hands... and from what the nurse at my office said, because they are the high risk hospital for the greater areas, it makes sense that their percentages for med intervention would be naturally higher.

So I had considered switching to the birthing center in annapolis, but I just feel like it's too far away, and given that this is my first, I do feel like I might feel a little more comfortable being in a hospital... just in case.... ok, so I don't really feel like I'm answering your question - but this is just how I felt about the idea of delivering there - I like the idea of the security of a hospital that can deal with anything, but on the flip side, I'm going to do hypnobabies classes (found out there is one coming up in July in Catonsville)! AND I just hired a doula who I REALLY like, so I feel like I will be getting the best of both worlds. I'm really excited - hoping to have a great experience, and a natural birth, but feel secure in knowing they're supposed to be a great hospital if something were to come up. (also liked reading in their website, the rooms sound really nice, and the encourage you to keep the baby in the room with you).

Sorry if that didn't really answer your question, but since I haven't delivered yet, I can't give you a first hand account - would love to hear if you hear anything about them!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search