Considering Hypnobabies - any BTDTs with advice??

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2008, 08:00 AM
audreyburn06's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to audreyburn06
Hello!

I've heard great things about Hypnobabies, and I'm leaning in that direction. The doula that I'd like to use teaches the classes. Anyway, I just have to admit being hypnotized freaks me out a little. She told me that "you can't be made to do anything you really don't want to do" when you're hypnotized - but I mean is there any way you can accidentally think something that make you do something strange or weird when you come out of it, etc? I don't know if that makes any sense, or if I'm being ridiculous... but I'm just very unfamiliar with hypnosis.

Does anyone have any experiences (good or bad, I guess) with it they could share?

Thank you!!

May 9th, 2008, 08:25 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Hey there, welcome!

I don't know that much about it, but I didn't think it was the same kind of thing as when you see people being hypnotized on TV by magicians or in therapy. I read a book on and it seemed to be more about visualization and concentrating and not actual hypnosis, but I know there are a few different types.

However, I could be wrong, luckily there are ladies here that have done it with great results so they will be able to help you out more.

I had my classes with my Doula in her home (general birth class) and it was fantastic! So intimate and it gave DH and I a chance to really get to know her ahead of time. It was perfect.
May 9th, 2008, 12:08 PM
noworries
I did hypnobirthing and I loved it. It's not hypnosis like you would think of it. It really is just learning complete relaxation and visualization. I've heard hypnobabies is even better than hypnobirthing. I would highly recommend it. I was wary at first too but it is great.
May 9th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Quote:
I did hypnobirthing and I loved it. It's not hypnosis like you would think of it. It really is just learning complete relaxation and visualization. I've heard hypnobabies is even better than hypnobirthing. I would highly recommend it. I was wary at first too but it is great.[/b]
I second everything she said. I would definitely recommend it!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

May 10th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks for all the input, everyone! I think I'm going to go for it! I've been hearing nothing but good things

May 11th, 2008, 08:00 AM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
Let me know how it goes, I'm interested! It's too late for me and I don't even know if there's any of that in my area but I wish I could do it!

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com
May 11th, 2008, 02:38 PM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am taking a hypno birthing class and love it. It really isnt like being "hypnotized" more about being deeply relaxed. The real message for me was that it is about being so relaxed that you let your body do what it needs to do and dont fight against contractions!

Give it a shot I think you will like it!

May 12th, 2008, 10:08 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
good luck! I hope you stick around our forum, you seem like a real sweetie!
May 12th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Quote:
good luck! I hope you stick around our forum, you seem like a real sweetie![/b]
Aw, thanks! I will! And I will let you all know how the classes are going once they start!

May 12th, 2008, 10:57 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan to do the home course of Hypnobabies. I did something similar when I was a teenager and had horrible spells (doc called it intestinal migraines) right around my period. My mother, who had chronic pain and tried everything to manage it, taught me bio-feedback to deal with the severe cramping pains I got that would make me hyperventilate and my fingers would go numb. Bio-feedback was a visual and mantra-like technique that helped me deal with the pain in a non-medical way.

When I first read about Hypnobirthing and Hypnobabies, I knew that would be exactly the thing that would help me with labor. I'm really looking forward to using it.
May 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM
JCat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did hypnobabies with DS and it was worth every penny I spent on the homestudy course. His labor and delivery were nearly painfree and what little pain I had was way less then period pain. The course teaches how to be relaxed and calm and how not to fight your body. It's also a birthing course as well. Definatly recomend it to everyone.

May 14th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
I'm not taking formal classes, but I'm planning on using some of the principles for my birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search